GDT - CANUCKS vs OILERS. GAME 6 - Finish Them! 5pm PST.

Just now, CanuckDownUnder said:

I have to wonder how he would do with decent d in front of him.

He's not a great goalie.  Doesn't have good positioning... doesn't have the consistency.

He is decent with his catching hand and fairly mobile, but overall not a Class A goalie.

With a really good D in front of him he could be like Corrie Crawford of the Black Hawks... who had an exceptionally good D in front of him and was able to win Cups.

54 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

There was a proposal from the Engineers that did the George Massey Tunnel in the late 80's early 90's. And I thought it was brilliant.

Dig a tunnel underneath Stanley Park, 6-8 lanes. All the earth from the tunnel would go building up land in Coal Harbour. The new land would be developed into new housing.

The profit from the new development would basically help offset the cost of the tunnel. They even stated you could put in two lanes in the middle for Skytrain to run from downtown right into the North Shore. The Lions Gate would still be there but 2 lanes, and a 3rd lane for emergency vehicles only.

Such brilliant ideas aren’t welcome in a region that hates smart infrastructure. 

• Cheers 2

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Someone hates their commute haha!

But for real, I had to do that work commute on public transit for a spell as a younger gramma and holy hell was it brutal!

Nah. I take transit when I need to get to the office. I hate poorly thought out infrastructure and the lower mainland has been rife with it for sometime. Think of how long it took to replace the Port Mann.

Fun fact: It’s the widest bridge on the planet. 

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Another musing from the Coilers Forum ... yes, snuck over and took a look .. slow Saturday. This posting is specifically for the Coiler fans roaming amongst us that haven't been banned for trolling, yet, by Sharpshooter. Oil Country motto, "Stay Calm and Let Skinner Handle it"

image.png.3d3f36e4a5adafc9005a85c29e9c1b95.png

• Haha 1

Ya i'm usually all on board to cheer for the last canadian team standing. But in this case no I won't cheer for EDM they deserve to lose and I hope it's by our hand tonight.

Calgary, WPG, MTL, Ottawa I would cheer for Maybe even TO the way they their depth played against the Bruins won me over by the end where in years past I liked their game a lot less. TO I thought played their best series this year even though they lost. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hammertime said:

TO I thought played their best series this year even though they lost. 

Agree... I thought they would have beaten the Bruins if they didn't have the injuries and sickness.

Bruins are cursed... and deserve it.

Maybe the the ghosts of 2011 are looking down on them.  😉

40 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Canucks fans don't realize how lucky we are to have the goaltending we have had over the last number of years.

Even in the Benning/Green era we had excellent goaltending... Miller/Markstrom/Demko/Silovs... we have drafted or traded really well.

Look at those poor b*stards in Edmonton... if they had a great goalie they would have won a cup by now.  A great goalie can win you a Cup even if your defense is less than perfect... the '80's Oilers were exactly that... Fuhr was good, but by no means great, but he got the job done.  Oilers haven't had a decent goalie yet in the McDavid era.

Closest the Oilers had to decent goalie was Cam Talbot, but they didn't have enough patience with him and basically hung him out to dry.

Ian Clark is the reason for this. Not only does he help develop goalies but he also helps scout them from what I understand. We draft a goalie nearly every year. Nikita Tolopilo was just as good as Silovs in the AHL. Nobody wants to commit to goalies because of how badly so many teams have been burned over the years. Drafting and developing them is the only way. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, LaBamba said:

Ian Clark is the reason for this. Not only does he help develop goalies but he also helps scout them from what I understand. We draft a goalie nearly every year. Nikita Tolopilo was just as good as Silovs in the AHL. Nobody wants to commit to goalies because of how badly so many teams have been burned over the years. Drafting and developing them is the only way. 

Yes, you are entirely correct... Clark is a genius.

Not sure what they are paying him, but they should make sure he is happy.  😉

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Desmenko 1

9 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I only cheer for the Canucks.

All the rest must fall.

Dallas really deserves to see the third round, if the Canucks are not there with them, I will cheer for Dallas, but it is a moot point because it will be Vancouver/Dallas for the next two weeks!!

8 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

He and Louongo built the culture and the system. Ian has continued this on. Even in on rough years, goaltending has never been an issue (minus long term ones to starters).

• Cheers 1