The Vegas Golden Knights have launched their own direct-to-consumer streaming platform — KnightTime+.

As someone who lives in Canuck’s blackout land I would love this. I don’t want to pay for the Sportsnet premium streaming package. 
I only really have a chance to watch the Canucks. 
I think Football is terrible, baseball and soccer bore me.

I got tired of paying for TSN and Sportsnet just to get the main thing I want to see blacked out.  
I would gladly pay just for a Canucks only package. 
It is very easy to stream games for free at high resolution but I would prefer to pay reasonably.

Too bad the Canucks abandoned our board because I will happily put it out there for them, I will give my money directly to you Mr. Aquillini. Cut out the middle man that just gives me a bunch of crapolla I don’t want. 
And this is after 10 years of just awful management decisions and some awful hockey teams. 

image.png

5 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

As someone who lives in Canuck’s blackout land I would love this. I don’t want to pay for the Sportsnet premium streaming package. 

I got tired of paying for TSN and Sportsnet just to get the main thing I want to see blacked out.  
It is very easy to stream games for free at high resolution but I would prefer to pay reasonably.

Too bad the Canucks abandoned our board because I will happily put it out there for them, I will give my money directly to you Mr. Aquillini. Cut out the middle man that just gives me a bunch of crapolla I don’t want. 
And this is after 10 years of just awful management decisions and some awful hockey teams. 

Rogers will not let that happen.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Was thinking the same thing. There are like 66 NHL streaming sites, errr, maybe just the one that works...

hey, would you look at that... there are also like 66 streaming sites for MLB as well, what a coincidence!

Edited by Rubik
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

image.png

I don't give the Canucks a dime, haven't paid to watch them in years. But yeah, if there was a very reasonably priced way of watching it I'm sure many would consider such an option.

31 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

Well we used to have PPV, I can see it coming back.

What's old is new again!

28 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Wonder how this works with the league's broadcast rights...?

Because they're the Vegas Golden Knights!

27 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Rogers will not let that happen.

Gotta love those big ol' Canadian monopolies.

25 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Yeah because would cost me $300 just to watch Canucks through Rogers. 

Fuck Rogers.

22 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I feel like there's no chance that nice wasn't intended.

Nice of you to notice! 

:classic_ninja:

11 minutes ago, Rubik said:

now that the Canucks organization have cut ties with us, are we allowed to mention arrrr-arrrr streaming on here? 🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️

I don't see why not, but I'd be asking the mod squad.. 

I used to send the odd site when folks were having trouble watching in GDT's.. 

8 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

Screw vegas.

Agreed, but this is a great business move for them and I hope it's successful. If they can make money off it so could other teams, better than paying for a bloated sports package. 

6 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Was thinking the same thing. There are like 66 NHL streaming sites, errr, maybe just the one that works...

Viva la revolution?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, DrJockitch said:

image.png

I don't have blackouts.... 🙂

1 hour ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

I'll never understand why they don't just play the commercials on the stream.  I'd imagine they'd get more views, which should be their goal.

Same here, it's outdated thinking of how to protect your market. Just let people stream and stream the commercials as well. Since they don't seem like they are close to doing that, I use Game Center, but I register it in another country (UK for example) and then pull it in from there. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

image.png

Okay, so here's how I get around this problem, what I'm telling you here, although would likely piss off Rogers and the NHL, it should be covered under a legal precedent called First Sale Doctrine. This isn't free, and I haven't setup my season pass for this year, but this worked perfectly for the last 2 seasons.

You will need, a Paypal account and a streaming device that is Non-GPS based. iPad and most cell phones won't work with this due to the GPS embedded in them. Amazon sells some nice little mini PC's for roughly $200 that would work as a streaming platform, but you can easily do this with any laptop or desktop etc.

#1. Register for an account with ExpressVPN. I'm not sending a affiliate link or anything on this, but so far, this is about the best service I've tried for this. You need a service like this active before step 2.

#2. Go to NHL.TV. This is the version that lets you register for a different type of service than is offered in the regular NHL Gamecenter site in North America. Register here, I use England as my country of registration and pay for the service either monthly or for a whole season, your choice, using Paypal. You will be paying the service in the currency of whichever country you use.

Once done, anytime you want to watch, just fire up the VPN, switch countries, then go to NHL.TV and login and select which game you want to watch. This all costs the same as getting Game Center in North America, other than the VPN service, that's really the only add-on you need.

Enjoy and DM me if you have any issues.  

• Cheers 2

On 9/25/2023 at 7:05 PM, VegasCanuck said:

Okay, so here's how I get around this problem, what I'm telling you here, although would likely piss off Rogers and the NHL, it should be covered under a legal precedent called First Sale Doctrine. This isn't free, and I haven't setup my season pass for this year, but this worked perfectly for the last 2 seasons.

You will need, a Paypal account and a streaming device that is Non-GPS based. iPad and most cell phones won't work with this due to the GPS embedded in them. Amazon sells some nice little mini PC's for roughly $200 that would work as a streaming platform, but you can easily do this with any laptop or desktop etc.

#1. Register for an account with ExpressVPN. I'm not sending a affiliate link or anything on this, but so far, this is about the best service I've tried for this. You need a service like this active before step 2.

#2. Go to NHL.TV. This is the version that lets you register for a different type of service than is offered in the regular NHL Gamecenter site in North America. Register here, I use England as my country of registration and pay for the service either monthly or for a whole season, your choice, using Paypal. You will be paying the service in the currency of whichever country you use.

Once done, anytime you want to watch, just fire up the VPN, switch countries, then go to NHL.TV and login and select which game you want to watch. This all costs the same as getting Game Center in North America, other than the VPN service, that's really the only add-on you need.

Enjoy and DM me if you have any issues.  

Same as you guys, I live out of province so I couldn’t watch games. Last couple of years though I bought Sportsnet standard subscription, $180 this year I think, and I just VPN my computer or phone and pick my location as Vancouver and it works great.

I can either hook my laptop up to the tv or I use a VPN on my iPhone and cast it to my apple box, hooked to the tv. No issues watching as many games as I want and $180 isn’t too bad when you divide it by the number of games. I watch a lot of Dodger baseball on Sportsnet all summer so it makes it worth it. 

• Cheers 1