Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Just now, Optimist Prime said:

Interesting to note that the financial screeching from the right wing is ridiculous (US Debt is 30 times ours and US Deficit is 40 times our):

UK Population(2021): 67,330,000

UK Debt (current): 4.2 Trillion in Can. Dollars

UK (current): 227 billion in Can. Dollars

Canadian Population (2021): 38,250,000

Canadian Debt: 1.2 Trillion

Canadian Deficit: 41 Billion

-------------------------------------------

Double our population

3.5 times our Debt

5.5 times our Deficit

So the US, UK and Canada are almost half the G7 countries, I don't mind doing this for all the G7...you can see the trendline plain as day though: Canada's financial situation is the BEST of the G7

Don’t let facts get in the way of a narrative!! Trudeau is the worst and a criminal remember 🤦‍♂️ 

/s 

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I think once Trudeau is gone we might see the liberal party move back to being a center party. The kind of traditional liberals they used to be not this far left extremist kind of woke movement. As for the conservatives, I mean quite honestly I like PP I have for some time that being said you are 100% correct. He's got like next to zero real life work experience. I do believe JS likely ruin the new Democrats because he basically jumped into bed with the liberals. He has gotten very little out of anything so why would NDPiers even vote NDP anymore? May as well just vote liberal and I wouldn't be surprised if that was Trudeau in the liberals plan all along. Or maybe we end up like Britain where Trudeau messes up the liberal party so bad that way become a two-party system with the far left on one side and the right wing on the other side being the conservatives and the NDP and we no longer have a viable liberal party. It's funny because always I find the best politicians never want to be in the leadership roles and in a lot of ways I can understand, but it just doesn't disservice to a lot of Canadians that we end up with trash all the time.

If you look at our history, the best governments we’ve ever had are the ones that are to the centre and represent all people. The far left governments and the far right governments are the ones who usually screw things up. 

• Cheers 1

Interesting to note that the financial screeching from the right wing is ridiculous:

French Population(2021): 67.75 Million

French Debt (current): 4.45 trillion

French Deficit (current): 72.71 billion

Canadian Population (2021): 38,250,000

France:

Double our population

4 times our Debt

less than 2 times our Deficit

UK:
Double our population

3.5 times our Debt

5.5 times our Deficit

US:

Ten times our population

30 times our Debt

40 times our Deficit

Only three countries left in the G7 to compare to, I will go on...

• Like 1

Interesting to note that the financial screeching from the right wing is ridiculous:

lets do Italy!

Italian Population(2021): 59.11 Million

Italian Debt (current): 4.28 trillion

Italian Deficit (current): 21.4 billion

Canadian Population (2021): 38.25 million

Italy:

1.5 times our Population

4 times our Debt

OMG Italy has a better deficit scenario last year than us! wooooooo HALF OUR DEFICIT (finally proof that trudeau should be in jail, LOL)

France:

Double our population

4 times our Debt

less than 2 times our Deficit

UK:
Double our population

3.5 times our Debt

5.5 times our Deficit

US:

Ten times our population

30 times our Debt

40 times our Deficit

Only three countries left in the G7 to compare to, I will go on...

German Population(2021): 83.2 million

German Debt (current): 3.82 Tillion Can. Dollar

German Deficit (current): 114 Billion Can. Dollar

2 times our Population

over 3 times our Debt

2.8 times our Deficit

--------------------------------------------

Japanese Population(2021): 125.7 million

Japanese Debt (current): 12.5 Trillion Can. Dollar

Japanese Deficit (current): 450 Billion Can. Dollar

3.25 times our population

10 times our Debt

10 times our Deficit

Thanks for following along. So we have some quick facts now on Canada's debt and deficit relative to the other 6 best economies in the WORLD. 

We lead on every measure: Debt, and Deficit with the one exception of Italy having a better deficit scenario in 2022.

IN fact, now that I have read the data on each of the g7 nations i am starting to think it is fiscally irresponsible to change course/leadership during these amazing economic times. Cretien always said Tough times Is Tory Times. We don't want tough times folks, we need to avoid Conservative federal governance like the plague. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

28 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I voted for Jean Chrétien. He did a fabulous job in running the budget. And it was because he had Paul Martin as his finance minister. Martin was one of the better finance ministers we’ve ever had. He also ran a surplus in his short stay as a PM. 

And exactly as you said, the surpluses during the Chrétien administration allowed us to weather the storm of the financial crisis of 2008 that Harper had to take over. 

Harper eventually was able to get us back into a surplus in 2014 before Trudeau took over. 

Interestingly enough, the only two Liberal PM’s of our time who actually ran deficits were the Trudeau boys. They definitely were related. Although I heard Mrs. Trudeau had an affair with some dude in South America. But that’s another conversation altogether. 

It's a popular conversation where I live. 🙂

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Thanks for following along. So we have some quick facts now on Canada's debt and deficit relative to the other 6 best economies in the WORLD

We lead on every measure: Debt, and Deficit with the one exception of Italy having a better deficit scenario in 2022.

IN fact, now that I have read the data on each of the g7 nations i am starting to think it is fiscally irresponsible to change course/leadership during these amazing economic times. Cretien always said Tough times Is Tory Times. We don't want tough times folks, we need to avoid Conservative federal governance like the plague. 

Quick question, do you believe the g7 is the seven best economies in the world?

Edit: or maybe I should ask Is it your understanding they are the seven best?

Edited by Ryan Strome

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

Quick question, do you believe the g7 is the seven best economies in the world?

7 of the top 9 or 10 (depending on if we use Russian numbers pre Ukraine invasion/sanctions or as it is today) is the most factual way to put it, and nice to see you changed your mind and do want to continue discussing things with me, lol. 

Sadly I am off to some meetings, but enjoy the rest of this wonderful Sunday.

7 of the top 9 or 10 (depending on if we use Russian numbers pre Ukraine invasion/sanctions or as it is today) is the most factual way to put it, and nice to see you changed your mind and do want to continue discussing things with me, lol. 

Sadly I am off to some meetings, but enjoy the rest of this wonderful Sunday.

No, I'm still all right. I just wanted to make clear that it's not the best economies in the world nor is it the biggest ones. 

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

No, I'm still all right. I just wanted to make clear that it's not the best economies in the world nor is it the biggest ones. 

you want to compare Canada to China's population of 1.412 billion and India's 1.408 billion in some weird attempt to throw off the very legitimate numbers I just posted? Okay be my guest...i can't wait to see what you find out.

edit: those are the two economies that share the top nine with the G7.

you want to compare Canada to China's population of 1.412 billion and India's 1.408 billion in some weird attempt to throw off the very legitimate numbers I just posted? Okay be my guest...i can't wait to see what you find out.

I was confused when you said 7 best economies they aren't so I wanted clarification on what you meant. Don't be so triggered When I asked for a clarification on something that is actually wrong that you said.

46 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I voted for Jean Chrétien. He did a fabulous job in running the budget. And it was because he had Paul Martin as his finance minister. Martin was one of the better finance ministers we’ve ever had. He also ran a surplus in his short stay as a PM. 

And exactly as you said, the surpluses during the Chrétien administration allowed us to weather the storm of the financial crisis of 2008 that Harper had to take over. 

Harper eventually was able to get us back into a surplus in 2014 before Trudeau took over. 

Interestingly enough, the only two Liberal PM’s of our time who actually ran deficits were the Trudeau boys. They definitely were related. Although I heard Mrs. Trudeau had an affair with some dude in South America. But that’s another conversation altogether. 

I believe it was Chreitian's government that got the "fix it" ticket from the World Bank. Martin as the Finance Minister had to chop federal government spending big time to "fix it" but he did. 

• Cheers 3

15 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I was confused when you said 7 best economies they aren't so I wanted clarification on what you meant. Don't be so triggered When I asked for a clarification on something that is actually wrong that you said.

I have no idea what you think triggered means.

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

If you look at our history, the best governments we’ve ever had are the ones that are to the centre and represent all people. The far left governments and the far right governments are the ones who usually screw things up. 

When have we ever had a government on the left?  The one influential "far left" politician gave us universal health care

1 hour ago, Optimist Prime said:

Thanks for following along. So we have some quick facts now on Canada's debt and deficit relative to the other 6 best economies in the WORLD. 

How dare you use facts and figures to make an argument

• Vintage 2

17 minutes ago, stawns said:

Exactly. Personal finances and bank accounts of every single Canadian have never been more abundant. It’s never been more affordable to live in Canada. We are living in the most successful time of Canada’s economic history. Every single Canadian has never had it better nor been wealthier. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

Exactly. Personal finances and bank accounts of every single Canadian have never been more abundant. It’s never been more affordable to live in Canada. We are living in the most successful time of Canada’s economic history. Every single Canadian has never had it better nor been wealthier. 

It's certainly been worse

57 minutes ago, stawns said:

If we can not blame Justin T for all our  personal economic woes / poor personal decisions in  life....     WHO can we blame then..... ?

Edited by moosehead

5 minutes ago, moosehead said:

If we can not blame Justin T for all our  personal economic woes / poor personal decisions in  life....     WHO can we blame then..... ?

Seeing him getting blamed for personal household debt is just wild.  Personal accountability is apparently no longer a conservative value for many.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Seeing him getting blamed for personal household debt is just wild.  Personal accountability is apparently no longer a conservative value for many.

Yeah keeping up with the Jones’ is a real issue!!! So many living beyond their means 

• Like 1