The Hot Sauce Thread

1 hour ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

What are your go to hot sauces?  I put hot sauce on almost anything....popcorn even.

Here are some I have here at home and another I am out of which is my favourite.

20230925_160938_resized[3324].jpg

1974.jpg

Those names are great, haha

I like hotsauce with my breakfast. I'm boring and get whatever my wife buys. 

What would you recommend that is available in most grocery stores? I like it hot but not hell fire.

44 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I consider myself as someone that can tolerate and even enjoy the spiciest of things. 

I was at ‘Wings’ and did the almost hottest wing they had. Not the one that makes you sign a waiver. I wasn’t THAT inebriated!  

I've had the hottest.  I could still taste it the next morning.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

First We Feast/Hot Ones. 

That’s my go to YouTube channel. The amount of Singers/Actors/Others over the years has been amazing. Gordon Ramsay is still one of my personal faves of all time. 

https://youtube.com/@FirstWeFeast?si=FmupFEb52bLgAbBb

shaq is the hot ones GOAT,no question.

Hot Wings GIF by First We Feast: Hot Ones

I love hot sauce and use ot on many things.  That said, it's not a "see what I can handle" kind of thing for me.  I'm fine have habs and scotch bonnets as my upper range of SHU's.  I like hot sauces with a great taste.......the heat doesn't matter as much.  

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

I love hot sauce and use ot on many things.  That said, it's not a "see what I can handle" kind of thing for me.  I'm fine have habs and scotch bonnets as my upper range of SHU's.  I like hot sauces with a great taste.......the heat doesn't matter as much.  

Same. I love spicy sauces to compliment food pairings. 

It’s never been about ruining my mouth hole and my 💩

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

Same. I love spicy sauces to compliment food pairings. 

It’s never been about ruining my mouth hole and my 💩

for me, hot sauce seems to stimulate my taste buds and I find things taste better after I've had HS first.  I love a hs that starts with a sweet hit and then the heat comes after.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, stawns said:

Exactly.  Plus extract sauces have a metallic taste to them that I just can't ignore.  The stuff you're making sounds exactly like what I enjoy.

9 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Exactly.  Plus extract sauces have a metallic taste to them that I just can't ignore.  The stuff you're making sounds exactly like what I enjoy.

I grow a lot of Caribbean and south American varieties, which usually have a fruity first taste to them.  Plus, I like adding fruit to my sauces, especially pineapple and grapefruit.

41 minutes ago, stawns said:

Great topic.

I make my own, from my own peppers.  I've got in the neighborhood of 75 hot pepper plants this year, and I love doing ferments and making hot sauces.  I just made a pineapple habanero sauce that is outstanding.

I'm boring.  I mostly just go for Frank's.  I like the flavour plus a little bit of heat.  But I had a friend that used to make his own from his own peppers as well (he might still but I moved out of town).  The first year he tried growing his own he hosted a wing night.  I don't think I could taste anything for a few days afterwards.  It was brutal.

The other incident I had with hot sauce (wings from Duffy's pub in Kamloops) involved not washing my hands well enough and (hours later) rubbing my eye just before driving across the Okanagan floating bridge.  Not recommended.

Anyone in the Vancouver area, go buy some jumpin Johnny's 

Local and more importantly tasty while being a decent guy.

He understands that got sauce and heat with food is not about Burnin a hole in your throat.  His hot sauce, regular black label is one of the most flavourful got sauces I've ever had.

You can get hotter but they all have solid flavour that shines through the heat

https://jumpinjohnnys.ca/

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Goalie29 said:

I'm boring.  I mostly just go for Frank's.  I like the flavour plus a little bit of heat.  But I had a friend that used to make his own from his own peppers as well (he might still but I moved out of town).  The first year he tried growing his own he hosted a wing night.  I don't think I could taste anything for a few days afterwards.  It was brutal.

The other incident I had with hot sauce (wings from Duffy's pub in Kamloops) involved not washing my hands well enough and (hours later) rubbing my eye just before driving across the Okanagan floating bridge.  Not recommended.

I like Franks too, I have a bottle in my fridge