[Waiver Claim] CBJ Claims G Spencer Martin

• Honkin Hronek changed the title to [Waiver Claim] CBJ Claims G Spencer Martin
2 minutes ago, Honkin Hronek said:

Decent chance he gets re-waived before the season starts. Then we can claim him and send him straight to Abby if the team wants to

Tarasov is day-to-day with a knee injury.  My guess is that it's worse than initially thought and Columbus panicked.

7 minutes ago, Honkin Hronek said:

Decent chance he gets re-waived before the season starts. Then we can claim him and send him straight to Abby if the team wants to

That's not quite how it works.  If he re-enters waivers and tge Canucks are the only team to put a claim on him, they can send him directly to the minors.  But if someone else higher on the list claims him then he still goes there 

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Honkin Hronek said:

CBJ back up is hurt and has only played a handful of games in the NHL, Martin of a year prior is a better goalie so he will get real chance I think

10 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

That's not quite how it works.  If he re-enters waivers and tge Canucks are the only team to put a claim on him, they can send him directly to the minors.  But if someone else higher on the list claims him then he still goes there 

I thought the Canucks got first dibs if he was waived again. Sort of us going straight to the top of the list before going through the usual pecking order.

16 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Dhaliwal mentioned that Canucks want to sign Jacob Truscott before he heads into free agency next summer. Other prospects that will need to be tendered an ELC before the summer is Joni Jurmo, Jack Malone, and Viktor Persson.

Drance always has to have a negative take on everything. Must suck to live life like droopy / negative nancy...not healthy either, that stuff leads to disease....

Does it matter Silovs has only played 5 games? He'll be in the AHL the whole season, and the only way its a risk to us is if BOTH goalies are out long term. How often does that happen? I really dislike that guy.

• Cheers 3