[Waivers] September 30, 2023]

• Coconuts changed the title to [Waivers] September 30, 2023]

Still lots of cuts to go, nothing of note.

I don’t see many upgrades this year for us on the waiver wire.  We have a lot of players suitable for the bottom end of the lineup already.

Guys getting waived wont be upgrades or they are being waived because they are too expensive.

I think we are more likely to lose someone on waivers than pick anyone up.  

4 hours ago, Provost said:

Still lots of cuts to go, nothing of note.

I don’t see many upgrades this year for us on the waiver wire.  We have a lot of players suitable for the bottom end of the lineup already.

Guys getting waived wont be upgrades or they are being waived because they are too expensive.

I think we are more likely to lose someone on waivers than pick anyone up.  

Probably. As you said we have plenty of guys who could probably fit into a bottom six or bottom pairing role.

Hard to imagine we'll come across a clear upgrade via waivers, as it stands we're too much of a murky middle team for that.

Not bad enough to draft top 5, but too many question marks to be a surefire playoff team.

47 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Lassi Thompson please. 

Is he any good and is he an upgrade on anyone that we currently have on defense? 

EDIT: Just did a quick googls search on the guy. Former first round draft pick back in 2019, but hasn't even gotten double digit NHL games with the Sens. Kind of feels like a Virtanen kind of pick where it's a reach for them. It's been 4 years and he hasn't been able to crack the NHL yet. Makes you wonder if he's worth making a claim for. 

Edited by N4ZZY

3 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Is he any good and is he an upgrade on anyone that we currently have on defense? 

23 years old right shot D former 19th overall pick, might not be a bad idea to get more rightys in the pipeline, more internal competition 

Elite prospects describes him as a smooth skating 2 way d man with a bomb from the point.

I know this is all pretty cliche lately but I think he would be worth it just for the added depth. If he falls to us on the wire.

Edited by Breadnbutta
  • Vintage 1

19 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

@Coconuts hey, if you are going to look after the waiver wire stuff on the new forum are you able to post the following day who was picked up and who is not picked up?

Rem Pitlick cleared the other day and honestly if we didn't have a glut of forwards I would have liked this guy for our bottom six.

If I remember to, yeah

It's just been a kind of whoever gets to it first sort of thing thus far, but @CRAZY_4_NAZZY has already been doing what you requested in the waivers threads they've made, still a work in progress as we used to have Vintage doing all this stuff for the most part 

I think someone was saying waivers are later now for whatever reason too

12 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

@Coconuts hey, if you are going to look after the waiver wire stuff on the new forum are you able to post the following day who was picked up and who is not picked up?

Rem Pitlick cleared the other day and honestly if we didn't have a glut of forwards I would have liked this guy for our bottom six.

You could also do it. 

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

This is the collaboration I was talking about, I was just about to post this 

Nice to see different people jumping in with different things, we gotta cover for Vintage together 

I feel like it would take seven or eight of us working non-stop to keep up with him.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I feel like it would take seven or eight of us working non-stop to keep up with him.

Probably, but I don't view it as a bad thing, I think most of us at CDC got so used to any news being there before it got to other places. Or at least it got to CDC just as quickly. If more folks have to step up to keep the forum up to date that just means more community members are involved. 

I'd be lying if I said I didn't peek at r/hockey a few times a day to see if there's something that hasn't made it here yet. It'd be nice to see Vintage post in a similar capacity to what we've grown accustomed to but their stepping back allows others to contribute. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

33 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Probably, but I don't view it as a bad thing, I think most of us at CDC got so used to any news being there before it got to other places. Or at least it got to CDC just as quickly. If more folks have to step up to keep the forum up to date that just means more community members are involved. 

I'd be lying if I said I didn't peek at r/hockey a few times a day to see if there's something that hasn't made it here yet. It'd be nice to see Vintage post in a similar capacity to what we've grown accustomed to but their stepping back allows others to contribute. 

+1

We were spoiled rotten because Vintage was so dedicated and diligent in helping everyone stay informed. 

But like you said Coconut, for now this is a joint effort and a way for us to feel invested in this forum 🙂 doing it by committee is great! Next man up mentality and we can collectively do it. 

Ive been trying to do my part as Ive also seen many others have. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1