[Signing] Anaheim re-signs Jamie Drysdale

3 years, $2.3M AAV

Drysdale has had an unlucky start to his career.  Because of injuires, he was one game short of earning RFA status and instead became a 10.2(c), which meant Anaheim had total control over him.  It was weird for Verbeek to wait that long, but I'm glad they worked something out.

He has the skill, but he needs time to develop into a more well-rounded defenceman.  His numbers from 21-22 were not good.

image.png.6e945367123bb49c06d4c15099ba6bf0.png

9 hours ago, Barn Burner said:

Looks like Ottawa made the right choice.

Ottawa has their own little 10.2(c) RFA they need re-signed.  But the difference is that they really have no cap space for it.

Sens fans wouldn't mind this contract for Pinto.

1 hour ago, Miss Korea said:

Ottawa has their own little 10.2(c) RFA they need re-signed.  But the difference is that they really have no cap space for it.

Sens fans wouldn't mind this contract for Pinto.

What the hell are you talking about. What I'm talking about is... when Ottawa chose Sanderson over the supposedly higher upside "Drysdale",  whom by the way, was most people's first choice in that draft. 

35 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

What the hell are you talking about. What I'm talking about is... when Ottawa chose Sanderson over the supposedly higher upside "Drysdale",  whom by the way, was most people's first choice in that draft. 

It was a segue.  Ottawa is the other team that can't seem to re-sign one of their best young players.

6 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

It was a segue.  Ottawa is the other team that can't seem to re-sign one of their best young players.

Excuse me, but Drysdale was the one that most were predicting Ottawa would take, but instead chose Sanderson. 

Whom, they did sign to an 8 year deal. 

What don't you understand? I said the exact same thing in the post you responded to. 

Are you a lawyer or what? Get a life dude.

7 hours ago, Barn Burner said:

I'll admit I had Drysdale above Sanderson but agree that Sanderson is looking like the better pick. I do think its far to early to label Drysdale a bust though, with his skating his floor should be right around the contract he signed but with a much higher ceiling. Surprised he signed 3 years over 2, maybe he isn't confident in his recovery.

10 minutes ago, Tower102 said:

I'll admit I had Drysdale above Sanderson but agree that Sanderson is looking like the better pick. I do think its far to early to label Drysdale a bust though, with his skating his floor should be right around the contract he signed but with a much higher ceiling. Surprised he signed 3 years over 2, maybe he isn't confident in his recovery.

Sure. I'm not knocking the guy. All I was mentioning is that Ottawa, so far, made the right choice by drafting Sanderson. I remember that most people were pumping Drysdale's tires. Fair enough. 

12 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

It's fine.  He doesn't seem to get that I'm talking about a different issue Ottawa is dealing with (AKA lowballing their RFAs like Verbeek allegedly did).  Didn't expect such a reaction

to be fair, I don't think anyone would expect such an aggressive escalation for no apparent reason. 

On 10/5/2023 at 1:08 PM, Miss Korea said:

3 years, $2.3M AAV

Drysdale has had an unlucky start to his career.  Because of injuires, he was one game short of earning RFA status and instead became a 10.2(c), which meant Anaheim had total control over him.  It was weird for Verbeek to wait that long, but I'm glad they worked something out.

He has the skill, but he needs time to develop into a more well-rounded defenceman.  His numbers from 21-22 were not good.

image.png.6e945367123bb49c06d4c15099ba6bf0.png

Another small Dman who can’t play any defence. I mean you can’t get any lower than 0%. 

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Another small Dman who can’t play any defence. I mean you can’t get any lower than 0%. 

He is what we've termed a "fun" player in the analytics world - all offense, no defense.

image.png.78c366b41c6e9644ba4ca350727dfab4.png

Hey can you spot Patrice Bergeron!!???