Anthony Beauvillier | #72 | LW

-AJ-

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

We should re-name him James Bond. 007.

0 goals

0 assists

7 games

That's unreal considering how dominant the Canucks have been. Pretty much blowing out teams every other night and this guy hasn't even got on the scoresheet. Hoglander has 4 points in 6 games.

Kinda sad that he didn't get a point last night given it was probably his best game. He needs to stay motivated to get his first points and get going. Don't let a good, but scoreless night kill your momentum.

• Like 1

I haven't been very pleased with Beau this year or the end of last year.   He a history of streakiness so I hope he's going to start potting some points again soon.

I know most people want him gone.   I'm sure Alvin would have traded him for a RHD, a cheaper winger, or magic beans if he only could.  I'd probably like that too.

For now, he's here, he's ours, and he has my support.   And he's only an injury to some other winger away from being important again.

Beauvillier is what he is, a streaky winger who won't hurt you defensively but doesn't really help you there either. There is a reason he was the cap dump coming back in the Bo deal and NYI were trying to dump him for a while. I think everyone knows he's gone by next summer, and if he can get on a hot streak he might also be worth something at 50% retained at the deadline. But in the mean time he doesn't hurt the team and occasionally helps.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Beauvillier sneaks past the Dutch Gretzky into 239th in all-time Canuck scoring with his assist tonight.

image.png.1265a260a7f89f10833a149e946dcc82.png

.....Jay Beagle only had 26 points in his 3 years here? I knew he was bad offensively but that's on another level. 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/12/2023 at 3:17 PM, AK-19 said:

.....Jay Beagle only had 26 points in his 3 years here? I knew he was bad offensively but that's on another level. 

He was dogsh*t.  OK, that's too strong a negative (I guess meh if he was making what standard 4th line journeyman C make).  Jim Benning gave him a multi-year deal AND a NTC.  Dear Jebus I hope the scout that pointed Beagle out to JB is no longer employed with the team.