Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1
Message added by Sharpshooter,

THIS THREAD IS MODERATED. 

PLEASE DO NOT MAKE/REPLY WITH PERSONAL INSULTS OR ABUSIVE LANGUAGE. 

DON’T SAY YOU HAVEN’T BEEN WARNED. 

BE KIND, EMPATHIZE OR USE THE IGNORE FUNCTION. 

~ Your friendly neighbourhood Sniper. 

6 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

Don't speak too soon. What's the over/under on Israel coming out with more occupied land than they started with? And note, just because a building hasn't been erected does not make it not de facto annexation. It still very much is.

Nobody wants anything to do with Gaza. It's run by a horrible death cult that will only cause extreme amounts of trouble for whoever is left administering it. Taking gaza from Egypt, in the first place, was a huge mistake for Israel.

14 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

It is provable.

Just as astrophysicists knew about the existence of black holes before they observed them. 

Faith? Hardly.

And you're contradicting yourself now.

As I stated, are you expecting I dreg up every peer reviewed journal article over the past, say, 30 years which states the Israeli state is committing genocide on Palestinians. And then compare it to those that say the counter to be conclusive evidence?

Yes, you clearly are. And it's an unreasonable expectation.

And thank you for disclosing your education and vocation. Certainly helps to explain your views on the matter

I think we are having two completely different conversations at the same time.

2 minutes ago, Taxi said:

Nobody wants anything to do with Gaza. It's run by a horrible death cult that will only cause extreme amounts of trouble for whoever is left administering it. Taking gaza from Egypt, in the first place, was a huge mistake for Israel.

? You're saying Palestinian lands have been that size the past 60 years?

Just now, Canuckle said:

Absolutely.

Listen to what the experts in their fields have to say.

Not coders, or accountants, or drywallers who haven't really done the work to have informed opinions on geopolitical issues... even though they might pass them off that way.

Thanks for stating that.

It's extremely important PSA.

Really? I can't believe anyone would actually post that...

What manifesto does that come from?

4 hours ago, Riddikulus said:

As if anyone has been neutral in this thread. If neutrality was so prevalent in this thread and @moosehead was the only one being one-sided then we wouldn't have seen more infractions and deleted posts than just about every thread combined on this forum and there wouldn't be a big red banner each time we enter this thread.  Can we name even one poster who has actually switched "side" in the last 180 pages?

Neutrality is just straddling the fence anyway due to a reluctance to have people question your ideas and thoughts. Not sure we have anyone in this thread who really fits that description, seems like most people have strong opinions on this subject who seem to be deeply entrenched in their position. @moosehead is no different, seems like what we all have in common is the thought that less civilians suffer as a result of this conflict Where we disagree is where to assign blame for where we are today and what is the path going forward. 

Dunno about switching sides.

My first posts were about prominent Isrealis and Isreali Human rights organisations stating Isreal is practising arpartheid.

Now I am stating that Isreal is not committing genocide.

These are facts. 

You know whose side I am on, the families of the victims of the terror attacks in Israel.

The families of the innocent victims of Isreals bombing and military attacks in Gaza. 

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Sorry if you brushed you off.   Potential genocide is a major concern. I think deciding if one is happening now in Gaza depends only on your definition of the term.   Whatever we call what is going on now, I only hope it ends soon.

My earlier posts all had to do with  online statements.   This is a difficult issue we are discussing and I hope people are taking care to make sure what they saying is true, and that opinions and facts are easy to tell apart.

The least we can call it is "fucked". That's an academic term btw.

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Super19 said:

The least we can call it is "fucked". That's an academic term btw.

I wonder why...

Otzma Yehudit (Hebrew: עָצְמָה יְהוּדִית) or Jewish Power[4][5][6] is a far-right[7] political party in Israel, which has been referred to as Kahanist and anti-Arab.[8][9][10] It was originally formed as Otzma LeYisrael (Hebrew: עָצְמָה לְיִשְׂרָאֵל; lit., "Strength for Israel"),[11][12] on 13 November 2012 by MKs Aryeh Eldad and Michael Ben-Ari, who split from the National Union to form a new party ahead of the 2013 elections.[13]

Otzma Yehudit is the ideological descendant of the outlawed Kach party.[8][9][14][15][16] The party advocates for the deportation of those who they consider to be the "enemies of Israel", and leader Itamar Ben-Gvir was associated with the original Kach movement, though he now disagrees with the stance of deporting all Arabs from Israel.

The party has been widely described in the international press as an extremist, ultranationalist and racist organisation supporting Jewish supremacy and has been described by multiple sources, including the Israeli sociologist Eva Illouz, as a "Jewish fascist group[17]

The party is considered to be Religious Zionist, Kahanist, ultra-nationalist, anti-Arab, and far-right,[8][9][10][48] and has also been described as racist,[49][50][51] though the party disputes this.[52] Various sources, including the Israeli sociologist Eva Illouz, have described the party as a Jewish supremacist and Jewish fascist group.[33][26][27][34]

Otzma Yehudit calls for a one-state solution, including the annexation of the West Bank and complete Israeli rule of the land between the Jordan River and the Mediterranean Sea.[53] The party is against the formation of a Palestinian state, and advocates cancellation of the Oslo Accords, as well as for imposing Israeli sovereignty over the Temple Moun

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otzma_Yehudit

5 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

Trusting informed opinions of professionals and experts in their prospective fields?

The manifesto of LOGIC, friend.

I know you've been talking about much bigger things than I have been.  This whole time I've only been talking about a few words.

1 hour ago, Canuckle said:

Genocide so slow we watch Palestinian land disappear little by little decade after decade. And more to come after this new skirmish as well.

What's the over/under there, Bobby?

Yes, genocide.

No, it's not. I don't know why you keep saying it is but here we are.

2 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I know you've been talking about much bigger things than I have been.  This whole time I've only been talking about a few words.

And I'd say your words have proven otherwise.

Just now, Bob Long said:

No, it's not. I don't know why you keep saying it is but here we are.

Yes, it is. And been genocide for decades and decades. But you can say whatever you want.

51 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

Absolutely.

Listen to what the experts in their fields have to say.

Not coders, or accountants, or drywallers who haven't really done the work to have informed opinions on geopolitical issues... even though they might pass them off that way.

Thanks for stating that.

It's extremely important PSA.

And on that note:

A genocide is under way in Palestine

And the imperial West is an active participant.

M Muhannad Ayyash

Professor of Sociology at Mount Royal University in Calgary, Canada.

This guy is literally making shit up with zero evidence to back up his false premise...

The Israeli state has “loosened” its military rules of engagement, essentially giving its soldiers the green light to kill anyone they encounter inside the Gaza Strip as part of their ground operations. Israeli politicians and soldiers are talking openly about turning Gaza into dust, eliminating Palestinians, and imagining Israeli settlers living on land that used to be called Gaza.

Palestinians are being encouraged to leave their lands and homes in northern Gaza and head towards the south – Israel clearly wants to colonise northern Gaza and turn it into a security or military zone, permanently expelling the Palestinians who currently live there.

28 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

And I'd say your words have proven otherwise.

Yes, it is. And been genocide for decades and decades. But you can say whatever you want.

You can't have genocide for decades and decades. This is getting ridiculous.

I think this just comes down to how you feel about Israel and you just say stuff .

• Like 1