Ian Cole | #82 | LD/RD

Jess

• Jess changed the title to Ian Cole | #82 | LD/RD
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Mrwipeout said:

i saw him during one of the preseason games and thought omg this guy is good....id rank him 3rd best D along with Soucy and i love his toughness and proffessionalism in everything he does. This guy is the real deal. Solid.....absolutely loved his hit on duchene...

Great hit. Just imagine the impact on the Canuck bench. Strategic timing and needed. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Cole is so well spoken that I could really see him being a coach in the future if he wants to be. Would not at all be surprised to see him suceed even in the NHL in that role.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This guy was actually amazing for us in Nashville. A lowkey reason we won that series. 

We need to pay more attention to our D core. I mean I love these guys and they are winning the 

games for us without proper respect/recognition. Ian Cole has done amazing things and I have 

been hard on him too and maybe rightly so... I hope he gets fired up again and takes it to Edmonton.

And PASS one of the Dmen the puck at the end of the game yeah??? Fuc k ing forwards think its only

them that win the games i mean jeez give one of the Dmen that are quietly winning our series for us the

puck.

Cole played his role well during the season and the 1st round of playoffs.  Bit by bit, he started to

falter in the second round and then just ran out of juice.

That's a lot of hockey on those bones. Thx for supporting the young fellas in cutting their teeth with

playoff experience.  Best of luck to you in the future Cole!

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, HarbularyBattery said:

Cole was injured against the oilers. Bring him back, 2m x 1 year. Keep the seat warm for D-Petey

In a world without a cap, I'd agree, but given our cap situation, it's probably smarter to let him go and have Juulsen as our 6D and ride Friedman as our 7D. Save space for more important pieces.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, HarbularyBattery said:

Cole was injured against the oilers. Bring him back, 2m x 1 year. Keep the seat warm for D-Petey

NO, NO and NO.    He directly caused 8 goals during the playoffs - 2 of them he scored himself on his own net - and was directly responsible for 2 losses.   He is too old to keep the pace up and while he'd be fine playing small minutes regular season, his days as a playoff shut-down guy are obviously behind him after what we just witnessed.     I'll be shocked if he and friedman are back next year. But given the cap and the likelihood that we'll lose Big Z and 📯Wreck and maybe even losing the 🦒, you never know because PA could be in a pinch for D's come Sept.

4 hours ago, DexM94 said:

no more Ian Cole (the player, not the person who seems to be really a very nice guy) please.
Juulsen takes his spot. 

Juulsson is a #7 D. He can do spot duty. Cole is a far superior player, even though a lot older. 

• Vintage 1

22 hours ago, Alflives said:

Juulsson is a #7 D. He can do spot duty. Cole is a far superior player, even though a lot older. 

We need to pick and choose who we sign and pay market rate.  We need Hronek back (if anyone remembers what it was like when Hughes didn't have a competent partner).  I would also sign Z.  

Hughes Hronek

Zadorov

Soucy Juulsen 

Still needs a number 4 right side and Cole is neither.  

Goal is easy with Demko/Silovs, let Desmith walk and still have ample back up for injury and challenge.  

Forward is more complicated.  

On 5/23/2024 at 1:27 AM, Alflives said:

no, he's slow, and he was  exposed in the playoffs by costing us a lot of goals.
Let Juulsen play and grow. 

• Like 1

I'd take Cole for 1M, no more. Would rather we try and bring Tanev or Myers back for 2-3M. I'm a bit worried having Juulsen as our 6th guy because we're a couple of injuries away from him playing 20 minutes and as good and tough as he is, he gets caught out of position defensively all the time.

You just know if we sign Myers he'll play like crap again though. We might really revamp the D this off-season.

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

He was okay for stretches and added some veteran calmness. But the play he brought in the playoffs is unforgettable and unforgivable so it makes sense to let him go. There’ll be many 6/7 options available in free agency. Or maybe we land a top 4 UFA and can bring in a 6/7 guy from our organization already. 

• ThereItIs 1