Joni Jurmo | D

2 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

At the rate he is going, I can't see the team offering him an ELC.

11 games and only 1 assist to show for it, and now a 7th dman on his team. Doesn't bold well for Jurmo moving forward.

Agreed. Probably a guy who only plays in Europe for the duration of his career.

9 hours ago, WillisD said:

Yeah looks like Joni wont make it much further up in pro hockey. Another swing and a miss from draft guru Benning

I remember that draft we didn’t have a pick till the 3rd round and Benning was stressing to really nail the picks.

Could be another 0-for draft along with 2016?if we can’t get Truscott signed…

Bennings drafting was so overrated. He only really made 4 or 5 good picks out of the 54 picks he had.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I remember that draft we didn’t have a pick till the 3rd round and Benning was stressing to really nail the picks.

Could be another 0-for draft along with 2016?if we can’t get Truscott signed…

Bennings drafting was so overrated. He only really made 4 or 5 good picks out of the 54 picks he had.

So much potential at the time but so many flops and misses. Some head scratchers for sure. Claiming our defensive pool was weak so he picks Juolevi over BPA Tkachuk then in the very next draft picks Kole Lind over BPA defenceman Nicolas Hague.

• Like 2

To be fair this was a swing for the fences type pick.  If guy had all the intangibles to go along with his athletic profile he would have been a first rounder.  The hope would have been to develop the cerebral side and you have a home run.  What’s the hit rate on 100 nhl games for a third rounder 15%?

Was really high on this kid. Starting to look pretty bad. Hasn't progressed, if anything has regressed. I wonder if there was any discussions on bringing him to Abby. Supposedly a good skater and has a 6'5 frame. At least according to Elite Prospects. We do talk about D sometimes coming into their own late. At 21, not ready to completely write him off. But if we can get him to NA I'd be more comfortable with his development. There's a reason a few of the Swedes we just recently drafted opted for the CHL and NCAA respectively. Euro leagues just aren't great for development.