[Proposal] Garland for E. Kane

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Well.... interesting. The need is not really arguable.

It's back to the old character argument.

For sure there are risks with Evander. But if we could make the swap straight across for Garland that’s an upgrade for us. Plus, Evander would be a good fit for how Tocchet wants his wingers to play. 

Just now, Alflives said:

For sure there are risks with Evander. But if we could make the swap straight across for Garland that’s an upgrade for us. Plus, Evander would be a good fit for how Tocchet wants his wingers to play. 

I see why we do it but don't think EDM does. They'd want willander or something crazy like that.

2 minutes ago, RawkDrummer said:

no thanks, don't need problems

but @Alflives is correct that he'd be a great fit in our top 6. Kane with Miller or Petey would terrorize teams. 

Should we really care if Kane is a doofus personally off the ice? as long as he's not a criminal should we care?

Edited by Bob Long
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

as long as he's not a criminal should we care?

Yes, we should care.

The guy broke the law in regards to his crossing the border while not properly vaxxed.

He has a history of assault charges.

Has made some very poor choices.

However, he has been a much better 'human' over the last few years; and I'm a believer in people change, so must my thinking about them.

I'd now take a chance on him, if the cost was not too outrageous. I'd need to talk to a number of people around Edmonton, to see if this is all Evander being better, or if the organization has some sort of 'baby' sitter system going-and if so, is it transferable to our team?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

but @Alflives is correct that he'd be a great fit in our top 6. Kane with Miller or Petey would terrorize teams. 

Should we really care if Kane is a doofus personally off the ice? as long as he's not a criminal should we care?

Yeah. Don't want any criminals associated with the team 

https://thehockeynews.com/news/former-nhl-star-rick-tocchet-pleads-guilty-to-gambling-charges-1

Edited by qwijjibo
  • Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

• Jess changed the title to [Proposal] Garland for E. Kane

I don't like his attitude and this is an example:

("I'm sulking over my ice time so whatever")

And I know I've been a proponent of fighting to spark a team, but you have to pick your spots and do it for the right reasons. Not selfish ones.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, -dlc- said:

I don't like his attitude and this is an example:

("I'm sulking over my ice time so whatever")

And I know I've been a proponent of fighting to spark a team, but you have to pick your spots and do it for the right reasons. Not selfish ones.

Bieksa got me thinking tho on the panel last night discussing this - he said he did something similar. 

I'm for second chances if he's grown up.

I don't think EDM would move him to us anyway but it's an interesting discussion on character vs needed skill set.

27 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Bieksa got me thinking tho on the panel last night discussing this - he said he did something similar. 

I'm for second chances if he's grown up.

I don't think EDM would move him to us anyway but it's an interesting discussion on character vs needed skill set.

He’s 32.

His second, third….chances came in his 20’s.

Like his skill set and size but still waiting for him to grow up so I’m out on this one. Only way the Oil move him is if they’re tired of him and that would be another red flag.

2 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

Edmonton gets rid of 3 years times $5.15m, NMC and M-NMC 16 team list for an aging and mentally-muddled winger of questionable character and a history of making bad decisions.

What do we get?

Who knows? Maybe he and Tocchet could bond over their gambling addictions. :hurhur:

• Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 1

I can't see Evander Kane peacefully co-existing with JT Miller. The first time Kane put in a half-assed effort, Miller will be on him like a rash, thus causing internal problems that the team doesn't need. Skill is greatly valued, but skill with a crappy, selfish character is best left to Edmonton to deal with. And, BTW, Kane has no goals, one assist and is -6 in five games so far this season and has been largely invisible. On top of all that, he had the gall to indirectly criticize his coach for not playing him more. Keep him as far away from Vancouver as possible, please and thank you.

• Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

I can't see Evander Kane peacefully co-existing with JT Miller. The first time Kane put in a half-assed effort, Miller will be on him like a rash, thus causing internal problems that the team doesn't need. Skill is greatly valued, but skill with a crappy, selfish character is best left to Edmonton to deal with. And, BTW, Kane has no goals, one assist and is -6 in five games so far this season and has been largely invisible. On top of all that, he had the gall to indirectly criticize his coach for not playing him more. Keep him as far away from Vancouver as possible, please and thank you.

Good call. These two would kill eachother.