Jump to content

[Proposal] Garland for E. Kane


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Well.... interesting. The need is not really arguable.

 

It's back to the old character argument.

 

 

For sure there are risks with Evander. But if we could make the swap straight across for Garland that’s an upgrade for us. Plus, Evander would be a good fit for how Tocchet wants his wingers to play. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Alflives said:

For sure there are risks with Evander. But if we could make the swap straight across for Garland that’s an upgrade for us. Plus, Evander would be a good fit for how Tocchet wants his wingers to play. 

 

I see why we do it but don't think EDM does. They'd want willander or something crazy like that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RawkDrummer said:

no thanks, don't need problems

 

but @Alflives is correct that he'd be a great fit in our top 6. Kane with Miller or Petey would terrorize teams. 

 

Should we really care if Kane is a doofus personally off the ice? as long as he's not a criminal should we care?

Edited by Bob Long
  • ThereItIs 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

as long as he's not a criminal should we care?

Yes, we should care.

The guy broke the law in regards to his crossing the border while not properly vaxxed.

He has a history of assault charges.

Has made some very poor choices.

 

However, he has been a much better 'human' over the last few years; and I'm a believer in people change, so must my thinking about them.

 

I'd now take a chance on him, if the cost was not too outrageous. I'd need to talk to a number of people around Edmonton, to see if this is all Evander being better, or if the organization has some sort of 'baby' sitter system going-and if so, is it transferable to our team?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

 

but @Alflives is correct that he'd be a great fit in our top 6. Kane with Miller or Petey would terrorize teams. 

 

Should we really care if Kane is a doofus personally off the ice? as long as he's not a criminal should we care?

Yeah. Don't want any criminals associated with the team 

https://thehockeynews.com/news/former-nhl-star-rick-tocchet-pleads-guilty-to-gambling-charges-1

 

Edited by qwijjibo
  • Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • -AJ- changed the title to [Proposal] Garland for E. Kane

I don't like his attitude and this is an example:

 

("I'm sulking over my ice time so whatever")

And I know I've been a proponent of fighting to spark a team, but you have to pick your spots and do it for the right reasons. Not selfish ones.

  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, -dlc- said:

I don't like his attitude and this is an example:

 

("I'm sulking over my ice time so whatever")

And I know I've been a proponent of fighting to spark a team, but you have to pick your spots and do it for the right reasons. Not selfish ones.

 

Bieksa got me thinking tho on the panel last night discussing this - he said he did something similar. 

 

I'm for second chances if he's grown up.

 

I don't think EDM would move him to us anyway but it's an interesting discussion on character vs needed skill set.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

 

Bieksa got me thinking tho on the panel last night discussing this - he said he did something similar. 

 

I'm for second chances if he's grown up.

 

I don't think EDM would move him to us anyway but it's an interesting discussion on character vs needed skill set.



He’s 32.

His second, third….chances came in his 20’s.

Like his skill set and size but still waiting for him to grow up so I’m out on this one. Only way the Oil move him is if they’re tired of him and that would be another red flag.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

Edmonton gets rid of 3 years times $5.15m, NMC and M-NMC 16 team list for an aging and mentally-muddled winger of questionable character and a history of making bad decisions.

What do we get?

Who knows? Maybe he and Tocchet could bond over their gambling addictions. :hurhur:

  • Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can't see Evander Kane peacefully co-existing with JT Miller. The first time Kane put in a half-assed effort, Miller will be on him like a rash, thus causing internal problems that the team doesn't need. Skill is greatly valued, but skill with a crappy, selfish character is best left to Edmonton to deal with. And, BTW, Kane has no goals, one assist and is -6 in five games so far this season and has been largely invisible. On top of all that, he had the gall to indirectly criticize his coach for not playing him more. Keep him as far away from Vancouver as possible, please and thank you.

  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

I can't see Evander Kane peacefully co-existing with JT Miller. The first time Kane put in a half-assed effort, Miller will be on him like a rash, thus causing internal problems that the team doesn't need. Skill is greatly valued, but skill with a crappy, selfish character is best left to Edmonton to deal with. And, BTW, Kane has no goals, one assist and is -6 in five games so far this season and has been largely invisible. On top of all that, he had the gall to indirectly criticize his coach for not playing him more. Keep him as far away from Vancouver as possible, please and thank you.

Good call. These two would kill eachother.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...