Kuzmenko    Pettersson   Mikheyev

Kane             Miller            Boeser

PDG              Suter            Puljujarvi

Joshua         Blueger        Lafferty

Hughes     Peeke

Cole          Hronek

Soucy       Myers

Demko  DeSmith

We finally get rid of both Garland and Beauvillier.  This team is much bigger, much tougher and much harder to play against.  It is more of a Rick Tocchet team.  And we didn't give up any draft picks either.  We even gain over $1.2 million in cap space. 

We lose Hirose, but Columbus needs LHD and we have tons of young Dmen coming up now in our system.  Sign me up.  Playoffs here we come...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Edmonton needs a scorer, not a playmaker.  You don't need forwards feeding Connor and Leon the puck.  Evander Kane used to be a scorer, but he's looked like hot garbage since the skate cut and even worse this year.

image.png.83b88277f3b3cb0a79bc169a970ff425.png

I've lost count on how many times you've put up a Peeke proposal.  Not everyone is like Pius Suter.

3 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Edmonton needs a scorer, not a playmaker.  You don't need forwards feeding Connor and Leon the puck.  Evander Kane used to be a scorer, but he's looked like hot garbage since the skate cut and even worse this year.

image.png.83b88277f3b3cb0a79bc169a970ff425.png

I've lost count on how many times you've put up a Peeke proposal.  Not everyone is like Pius Suter.

You think Kane is done?  He can't shoot anymore after the surgery?  He looked okay during the fight, but he could very well not be able to shoot like he used to.  That WAR card is ugly.

As for Peeke, I will be making Peeke proposals untill he is traded Bob...   🙂

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

You think Kane is done?  He can't shoot anymore after the surgery?  He looked okay during the fight, but he could very well not be able to shoot like he used to.  That WAR card is ugly.

As for Peeke, I will be making Peeke proposals untill he is traded Bob...   🙂

Kane's pre- and post-injury forms are like night and day.  There are definitely concerns about his lingering wrist injury.  Woodcroft has already demoted him to the third line.

Although... if yesterday is anything to go by... his fists look completely fine...

But with Evander Kane, you're always going to get the good with the bad.

• Cheers 1

why are people making proposals to take on other team's deadweight all the time? Evander Kane is in a down spiral... Let's trade for him! 

Might as well add in signing Yakupov in your proposals dude. Hes a former #1 draft pick, should be very good for us and can play on our 3rd line. 

11 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

why are people making proposals to take on other team's deadweight all the time? Evander Kane is in a down spiral... Let's trade for him! 

Might as well add in signing Yakupov in your proposals dude. Hes a former #1 draft pick, should be very good for us and can play on our 3rd line. 

Garland is our deadweight contract. It’s switching our deadweight Smurf contract for the Oiler’s deadweight heavy. Pretty much identical contracts. 

• ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Garland is our deadweight contract. It’s switching our deadweight Smurf contract for the Oiler’s deadweight heavy. Pretty much identical contracts. 

Garland is 27 years and and Kane is 32 years old. 

And the point is, I'd rather have Garland's 50 point per season than Kane's "potential" physical presence and all the baggage that he brings. All signs are pointing to he had that 1 season where he did well, signs a 4 year year contract, and it starts going downward from here on. 

19 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

his skill set is still something the team needs. Its the age-old question of character balanced against need with him. 

Carolina would be the logical fit.  They have a surplus of D and they already have multiple guys with serious character issues in Stastny, Steal, and DeAngelo.

• Vintage 1

Pass on Kane. If he is done then we're stuck with an anchor for 2 more years. With Garland at least the dude can play and maybe we'll find another fit for him in the system. 

Garland for Peeke (with some adjustments if needed) I'm open to. We could even move Beau at 50% retained for a pick if possible. 

I like the idea of signing Poolparty. He'll be coming in on a cheap 1 year show me deal, so no risk. Takes Beau's spot in the bottom 6 then Peeke we of course try with Hughes and pray it works.