Serious injury to Podkolzin

Screw

Damn. Just when this kid is starting to roll. Let's pray he's alright. 

I looked at the stat sheet and there's some scummy sucker named Keaton Middleton who took a 5 minute major and a game misconduct. 

No doubt, that's what most likely happened. 

Guy who hit him is huge and his penalty minutes stick out more than his points.  He got a 5 min major and a game misconduct for this.   I hope there is more coming. 

KEATON MIDDLETON
Position: D
6-6 / 240lbs
Shoots: L
Birthdate: 1998-02-10
Birth place: Stratford, ON
NHL Draft: Toronto Maple Leafs - Drafted: 2016, Round: 4 (#101)

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Ribs said:

Slew foot, head first onto the ice. Hope Podz is ok.

yeah i missed the slew foot... first he pinned him then slew and body slammed him, literally drove him down to the ice... i hope he gets suspended for longer than he's injured.

what a POS...

prayers for podz

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Slegr said:

That sucks. A Maple Leaf prospect who did the damage, more hate for the Leafs. 
Hoping Pods is doing okay and gets back to 100%. Scary stuff.

The Leafs drafted him in the 6th round but it does not look like he's ever played an NHL game for them or anyone else.

Correction:  3 games for the Avalanche in 20-21.

BTW - He's Jacob Middleton's brother.

Edited by Satchmo
correction

7 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

Looks like full impact on back of head and shoulder on ice... Then it looks like his knee might have come down hard impacted him on his forehead.  That looks horrible!!!!  I pray he's okay🙏🙏🙏

The refs should have stopped the play...the clips only show the incident...but not how long he was laying there for before they blew the play dead...literally took until he started shaking...beer league refs would have noticed and shut shit down 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Attila Umbrus said:

The refs should have stopped the play...the clips only show the incident...but not how long he was laying there for before they blew the play dead...literally took until he started shaking...beer league refs would have noticed and shut shit down 

What shocked me was that the rest of the game played out. They should have called it then. Everyone in the building was shaken to their core. No one really celebrated at all when the game ended. 

• Sad 2
  • Huggy Bear 2

1 minute ago, Tusk said:

Geez lady, that was a clean hit. We need some stuff like this up in the real team. I have been hit by someone 5 times bigger than me and the results are in. Skill only works when you aint scared of that 240 lbs guy coming your way.

Canucks are sadly short of the big guys. Boston, 2011

Your empathy is heartwarming.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Cheers 2