ESPN picks early leaders for individual awards

Googlie

Greg Conin should be the leader in the jack adams.. no one is even close.. they are 7-4.. they handed Boston the first loss in OT.. they handed the vegas the first regulation loss.. they beatened carolina.. their wins and the team they have beaten is more impressive than any other team including the canucks

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

Greg Conin should be the leader in the jack adams.. no one is even close.. they are 7-4.. they handed Boston the first loss in OT.. they handed the vegas the first regulation loss.. they beatened carolina.. their wins and the team they have beaten is more impressive than any other team including the canucks

He’s up there but so is Tocchet everyone predicted Van to finish right with Anaheim. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

He’s up there but so is Tocchet everyone predicted Van to finish right with Anaheim. 

I don’t think anyone predicted Vancouver to finish anywhere close to Anaheim. Most have Vancouver borderline wc team if things go right and Anaheim playing for the lottery. I have conin tocchet and then montgemary. Anaheim winning and the teams they have beaten is more impressive than Vancouver. Anaheims strength of schedule is way tougher than Vancouver. But regardless tocchet gets the runner up with Cassidy doing what he is with the Boston despite losing Bergeron and kejci is amazing. 

Edited by wai_lai416

4 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

I don’t think anyone predicted Vancouver to finish anywhere close to Anaheim. Most have Vancouver borderline wc team if things go right and Anaheim playing for the lottery. I have conin tocchet and then Cassidy. Anaheim winning and the teams they have beaten is more impressive than Vancouver. Anaheims strength of schedule is way tougher than Vancouver. But regardless tocchet gets the runner up with Cassidy doing what he is with the Boston despite losing Bergeron and kejci is amazing. 

Most had van 5th at best media wise 

Anaheim is doing well because all the good young players they drafted from years of drafting high are starting to come through.  We are doing well because a coach came in who provided the players with a winning system and much-needed structure that has allowed them to finally play to their potential.  Tocchet is the #1 candidate for the Jack Adams Trophy and that is not even close.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CaptainCanuck12 said:

Anaheim is doing well because all the good young players they drafted from years of drafting high are starting to come through.  We are doing well because a coach came in who provided the players with a winning system and much-needed structure that has allowed them to finally play to their potential.  Tocchet is the #1 candidate for the Jack Adams Trophy and that is not even close.

Not really.. the canucks are playing well right now and winning because of one guy that’s not getting as much credit as the Hughes pettersson or miller and that is Demko. He’s tops in the league in high danger chance against 5v5 this season and given up just 1 goal against. He’s like .985 sv% in high danger chance which is unheard of in the history of the nhl. So it’s not like the canucks are dominating teams defensively when they are bleeding high danger chance left right and center and Demko bailed them out all but one time 5v5 if he’s anywhere near the league average in the last 10 years or even the Vezina winners we’d be looking at closer to the 10-15 spot right now. The Canucks are basically benefitting from shooting at a historic pace in shooting % 5v5 and a historic pace in sv% 5v5 against high danger chance. 

basically most of the underlaying number for the Canucks are bottom 3rd in the league. They are playing well but they are extremely lucky.. they are bottom 7 in high danger chance for high danger chance against expected goals for expected goals against but they are #1 in shooting % and sv% something that’s unlikely sustainable. 

if you look at those numbers without looking at the team or standing. 9/10 times they would be bottom 3rd of the league in standings.. so kudos to Demko. If you think tocchet is the run away favourite right now for the jack adams you are like out to lunch. If anything Demko should be getting some love for the hart at this point. 

I had been very wary of the coaching change at the time and was skeptical it was the right move. It's plain to see now that the coaches are getting the best out of all the players. I really like the way they have the team playing. They also didn't screw around in pre-season and actually had the team firing on all cylinders out of the gate. We are in consideration for several awards this year early on. 

17 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

I agree with you at the moment, but I don’t think it’s sustainable for Anaheim in the long run.

5 hours ago, Viper007 said:

I agree with you at the moment, but I don’t think it’s sustainable for Anaheim in the long run.

For sure at the end of the year tocchet might very well be in the conversation but if we are ranking based on right now that’s how I would rank them. I know lots with rip me but it’s true the Canucks underlaying number is simply not great and suggest it’s not sustainable. Demko ain’t gonna have a .985 hdc sv% or give up just 1 hdc goal every 10 games. They are playing very well collectively but Demko isn’t being talked about when his number is miles ahead of the next closest guy. His goals against vs his expected goals against is off the charts and it’s not even close. He’s trending towards +70-80 and the highest the last couple years is around 40. The defence is looking good but it’s looking great because our goalies are not letting in goals