2023-24 Abbotsford Canucks Thread

34 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Looks like a pretty solid roster! 

It does but they are a very young team. They will be fun to watch as they grow and develop this year. Lots of work on properly developing these players will go a long way into how well the big club does in the next few years and beyond as well as Abby come playoff time.

Just now, Kootenay Gold said:

It does but they are a very young team. They will be fun to watch as they grow and develop this year. Lots of work on properly developing these players will go a long way into how well the big club does in the next few years and beyond as well as Abby come playoff time.

Sure, they are younger, but Colliton did a fantastic job last year and there should be no reason why that won't continue. 

Anyway, the games on AHLTV for free, so it will be great to cheer them on. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kootenay Gold said:

The forward corps is questionable as you're relying on a lot of guys taking the next step. However the defense is very experienced and solid. With an NHL vet in Irwin and an AHL vet in Wolanin leading the way I don't think they will be lacking. Plus Woo has shown he's now more than capable of keeping up at an AHL level, Rathbone has a few years under him, McWard looks close to making the NHL jump, and they might still get reinforcements in Juulsen and/or Hirose.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

The forward corps is questionable as you're relying on a lot of guys taking the next step. However the defense is very experienced and solid. With an NHL vet in Irwin and an AHL vet in Wolanin leading the way I don't think they will be lacking. Plus Woo has shown he's now more than capable of keeping up at an AHL level, Rathbone has a few years under him, McWard looks close to making the NHL jump, and they might still get reinforcements in Juulsen and/or Hirose.

The young players on the team are all a year older and some of them made big steps during the past

season.

I think some of the forwards are getting close to making the Canucks.  Bains, Raty, Aman and Podz; whilst

Karlsson didn't look bad at all.  All of these players have also played in men's leagues for many years now.

I also think McDon will do well in the AHL, once he adjusts to the pro game.  Nielsen is also a gamer (and

probably Sasson).  I am also going to be keeping an eye on Josh Bloom.

Stevens, Dries' Wouters and a few new faces will provide solid veteran leadership on the FW lines

as well.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

The young players on the team are all a year older and some of them made big steps during the past

season.

I think some of the forwards are getting close to making the Canucks.  Bains, Raty, Aman and Podz; whilst

Karlsson didn't look bad at all.  All of these players have also played in men's leagues for many years now.

I also think McDon will do well in the AHL, once he adjusts to the pro game.  Nielsen is also a gamer (and

probably Sasson).  I am also going to be keeping an eye on Josh Bloom.

Stevens, Dries' Wouters and a few new faces will provide solid veteran leadership on the FW lines

as well.

The forward group may not be "outstanding" per se, but there is a lot of depth.