2023-24 Abbotsford Canucks Thread

Posted (edited)

Have we heard if Tolopilo is now down in Ontario? Sawchenko did a great job in the 1st round, but was a bit outmatched that first game vs the Reign.  Abby plays tomorrow and don't want to go down 2-0 in a best of 5.

He has played the Reign 4 times this season, winning 3

Edited by Googlie

7 hours ago, Googlie said:

Have we heard if Tolopilo is now down in Ontario? Sawchenko did a great job in the 1st round, but was a bit outmatched that first game vs the Reign.  Abby plays tomorrow and don't want to go down 2-0 in a best of 5.

He has played the Reign 4 times this season, winning 3

Makes sense but who is ##3 on the Canucks roster now?

15 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

They should at least send Tolopilo back to Abby.

I wish they would but both teams play their next game on the same night.  Doubt the Vancouver team will take a chance with their EBUG...

• Cheers 1

21 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Reinforcements for the parent club coming up.

Dries, Podkolzin, Karlsson, Bains, Wolanin, Brisebois, Irwin i'd imagine

Does the 4 recall limit apply during playoffs or is that just for the regular season after the trade deadline?   I think the Canucks have used 1 or 2 already.... I know Silovs and Tolopilo were emergency ones.  Also wondering if you recall a player twice (the Podkolzin scenario - he was brought up once, then sent down again and maybe about to be brought back up soon) does that count as one of the 4 allowed or two?

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Sasson?

Maybe?

The group above are guys who have seen NHL games and are experienced. 

6 minutes ago, Sooey Steamer said:

Does the 4 recall limit apply during playoffs or is that just for the regular season after the trade deadline?   I think the Canucks have used 1 or 2 already.... I know Silovs and Tolopilo were emergency ones.  Also wondering if you recall a player twice (the Podkolzin scenario - he was brought up once, then sent down again and maybe about to be brought back up soon) does that count as one of the 4 allowed or two?

I believe the recalls in the playoffs are limited to 3 in the postseason. 

No recalls have been used yet for the playoffs as Silovs and Tolopilo were both used as emergency recalls.

5 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Maybe?

The group above are guys who have seen NHL games and are experienced. 

I believe the recalls in the playoffs are limited to 3 in the postseason. 

No recalls have been used yet for the playoffs as Silovs and Tolopilo were both used as emergency recalls.

Has the rules changed? I thought recalls were over in the post season. I remember one year there was like 7 players from the farm team at practices and watching from the team box. To soak up the playoff atmosphere.

11 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Has the rules changed? I thought recalls were over in the post season. I remember one year there was like 7 players from the farm team at practices and watching from the team box. To soak up the playoff atmosphere.

Im not sure...I was listening to sportsnet radio and Thomas Drance alluded to having 3 recalls for the playoffs.

Im trying to find the CBA language around it but don't see anything to be honest. But usually you don't see many in the playoffs but a mass recall usually. I would certainly hope though that they recall up a lot of guys from Abbotsford. Lots of players deserve it. Would even say some AHL base contracts deserve it too like Chase Wouters and Marc Gatcomb (althought they can't be recalled). 

• Like 1