[Report] COL G Pavel Francouz To Miss Rest Of The Season

Pavel Francouz To Miss Rest Of The Season

November 12th, 2023 at 6:01pm CST • By Brennan McClain

Although he has not played in a game since April 9th of the 2022-23 regular season, the Colorado Avalanche have announced that backup goaltender Pavel Francouz will miss the rest of the 2023-24 season with a lower-body injury. In the meantime, Francouz will return to the Czech Republic to be with his family and will be an unrestricted free agent at season’s end.

More to come…

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2023/11/pavel-francouz-to-miss-rest-of-the-season.html#ref=home

2 hours ago, Snoop Hogg said:

I honestly never heard of him, but I hope he recovers and plays well, except against the Canucks.

He's played a lot of games the last few seasons for Colorado including 13 playoff games. He's a very capable backup and this is definitely a blow to Colorado.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

On 11/12/2023 at 9:50 PM, Ghostsof1915 said:

No because we need a solid back up. And DeSmith is that. Silovs could be a starter potentially. And a 1st rounder would be what it would take to move him.

Thank all the Gods you aren't Vancouver's GM then!
To pass on a 1st Round Pick for a Back-up inconsistent Goalie in DeSmith would be MINDBLOWING!
With judgement like that I wouldn't even trust you to run a Fantasy Team!

4 minutes ago, Don Brodka Jr said:

Thank all the Gods you aren't Vancouver's GM then!
To pass on a 1st Round Pick for a Back-up inconsistent Goalie in DeSmith would be MINDBLOWING!
With judgement like that I wouldn't even trust you to run a Fantasy Team!

What part of what I said, was asking for DeSmith?

I'm saying if someone wants Silovs bad enough you have to part with a 1st rounder. And I agree has to be unprotected.

The way DeSmith is playing, why would trade a good back up? Unless there's no chance of signing him in the offseason, but you won't get a 1st for him even at the deadline.

Do you honestly think even Edmonton or San Jose would part with a 1st rounder for DeSmith? You're dreaming.

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

What part of what I said, was asking for DeSmith?

I'm saying if someone wants Silovs bad enough you have to part with a 1st rounder. And I agree has to be unprotected.

The way DeSmith is playing, why would trade a good back up? Unless there's no chance of signing him in the offseason, but you won't get a 1st for him even at the deadline.

Do you honestly think even Edmonton or San Jose would part with a 1st rounder for DeSmith? You're dreaming.

DeSmith wouldn't be a backup in Edmonton.

• Cheers 1