CFFGML - 2023-24

3 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The St. Louis Blues have made a trade with the Edmonton Oilers.

To EDM:

spacer.png Braden Schneider
spacer.png Tyler Motte
spacer.png Nic Dowd

To STL:

spacer.png Ukko Pekka Luukkonen
spacer.png Oliver Wahlstrom
spacer.png Martin Fehervary

St.Louis is thrilled to acquire Luukkonen

WAIVERS
In order to make room on or roster we will be waiving G Marc Andre Fleury. If cleared will report to minor league affiliate 

4 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Seattle Kraken have made a trade with the Washington Capitals.

To SEA:

spacer.png Mike Hoffman
spacer.png Pierre Engvall
spacer.png Ryan Shea

To WSH:

spacer.png Vincent Desharnais
spacer.png Jack St. Ivany
spacer.png TB 2024 3rd Round Draft Selection

TRADE: The Seattle Kraken have made a trade with the Winnipeg Jets.

To WPG:

spacer.png Casey DeSmith
spacer.png Josh Dunne
spacer.png SEA 2024 4th Round Draft Selection

To SEA:

spacer.png Arvid Soderblom
spacer.png Jacob Bengtsson
spacer.png PHI 2024 3rd Round Draft Selection

TRADE: The Florida Panthers have made a trade with the Seattle Kraken.

To FLA:

spacer.png Jusso Parssinen

To SEA:

spacer.png CAR 2024 3rd Round Draft Selection

One more trade to be posted, but wanted to speak to these before concentrating on the deadline.

Parssinen, Desharnais, Casey DeSmith, Heinen two 3rd round picks and a fourth round pick are OUT of Seattle as of now,

a First round pick, two 3rd's, Andrew Copp, Jacob Bengtsson, Arvid Soderblom, Pierre Engvall, Mike Hoffman and Ryan Shea are in. 

Happy to pick up the first round pick in a deal yet to be announced. Happy to add a young tendie in Arvid Soderblom, along with Jacob Bengtsson, and some depth pieces while we moved out some contracts and expiring UFA's. Looking to make a few more deals when i get back from a short break. 

Get your offers in on Anthony Duclair, he may move before the 8pm deadline, but only for a deal that improves my club for next year, if he doesn't move, he is a great piece to keep with another year of his cost controlled deal still on the books. 

8 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Seattle Kraken have made a trade with the Toronto Maple Leafs.

To TOR:

spacer.png Danton Heinen

To SEA:

spacer.png Andrew Copp
spacer.png BUF 2024 1st Round Draft Selection

Thank you to Gator for stepping up to get his man amid a flurry of talks involving no less than four other bidders for Danton Heinen, who is no slouch, nor a rental, with a year left on his GML deal, Heinen could be a difference maker. Duclair remains in the fold in Seattle, with a similar value contract with a year remaining. I am fielding offers for the next few hours on him before I decide if Seattle will hang onto him until next year. A deal could be made, for the right return. 

• Cheers 1

TRADE: The Arizona Coyotes have made a trade with the Buffalo Sabres.

To BUF:

spacer.png Teuvo Teravainen
spacer.png Anze Kopitar
spacer.png Jordan Staal
spacer.png Timothy Liljegren

To ARI:

spacer.png Michael Bunting
spacer.png Eeli Tolvanen
spacer.png Arthur Kaliyev
spacer.png Oliver Kylington
spacer.png Jake Neighbours
spacer.png Jonathan Lekkerimaki
spacer.png Daniil Tarasov

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • chaos 1

6 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Toronto Maple Leafs have made a trade with the Dallas Stars.

To DAL:

spacer.png Luke Hughes

To TOR:

spacer.png Logan Stankoven

The Maple Leafs would like to that @JIAHN for the quick discussion that led to this deal. We feel Logan will provide a lot of upside as we head into the playoffs, and with DAL 1 of the cup favorites, we felt we needed to add atleast 1 DAL player to the mix. We wish Luke all the best. Unfortunately the Devils got bit with bad goaltending and a lot of key injuries this year. With MacKinnon being on a very cheap $4m aav deal with us we felt we had to make some big moves to fully take advantage of the situation.

4 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Toronto Maple Leafs have made a trade with the Detroit Red Wings.

To TOR:

spacer.png Andrew Peeke

To DET:

spacer.png SJ 2024 4th Round Draft Selection
spacer.png LA 2025 2nd Round Draft Selection

The Toronto Maple Leafs would like to thank @Ilunga & @MatchesMalone for the trade that got us another Bruins piece. We were looking to add some depth that we feel will help us beyond Round 1. We feel the Bruins will beat the Leafs (NHL, not GML 😜) in Round 1, so we wanted to try and add a piece or 2 to Frederic before the deadline.

1 hour ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Toronto Maple Leafs have made a trade with the Columbus Blue Jackets.

To TOR:

spacer.png Sergei Bobrovsky

spacer.png Sam Reinhart ($3 million retained in 2024-25)
spacer.png Nicolas Hague

To CBJ:
spacer.png Jack Hughes
spacer.png Reilly Smith
spacer.png Sergei Murashov
spacer.png Tristan Bertucci
spacer.png CGY 2024 3rd Round Draft Selection

We would like to thank @Honkin Hronekfor the trade talks, and hope he enjoys his new franchise center!.. This trade may just be the 1 that puts us over the top as we look to make a push for the highly coveted GML championship. We add 2 major pieces from the NHLs best team the Florida Panthers, and add another VGK piece in Hague. Getting Reignhart with retention for next year is also huge. We will be going into next year with 3 reduced contracts (Reinhert, Connor, Theodore) that can help propel us to a possible b2b run. This move also opens the door to signing MacKinnon to a LT extension. We have begun talks, and hope to get a deal done before free agency begins. It sucks that the Hughes brothers are not together anymore, but we are also VERY excited about where the Toronto Maple Leafs stand right now. Going to be an exciting few years in Toronto!

58 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Seattle Kraken have made a trade with the Toronto Maple Leafs.

To TOR:

spacer.png Danton Heinen

To SEA:

spacer.png Andrew Copp

We would like to thank @Optimist Prime for the trade talks that helped us get another Bruin added to the club. We know we paid a steep price for Heinen, but to us it was the "final piece" needed for our 2023-24 run, and decided it wasnt a time to try and penny pinch. We had a 1st, they had a Bruin. It was an easy match, and the whole thing came together pretty quickly.

For those GMs that I have spoken trades with and couldn't get a deal done I would like to say thank you for the talks, and hope you all regret not pulling the triggers 😝

BREAKING NEWS

It has been decided that this will be my last year of GML regardless of the outcome. We feel we have done everything we could to try and go out a winner, but if we fail I can atleast go out knowing I did everything in my power to bring this cup to Toronto before I go. It's going to be a tough road ahead. Got some very solid teams to get through to achieve the ultimate prize. I'm confident in our group and we cannot wait to see everything unfold!.. We had a blast these last few years and can't wait to battle it out with the best of you in the 2023-24 GML Playoffs. Bring your A game. You're going to need it! 

I feel the team is not only set up good for now, but also set up very well for the future for AGM @PeteyBOI. We are hoping to get MacKinnon locked up to a LT deal, and we have a lot of solid young assets still in the system. We have a lot of faith in soon to be GM PeteyBOI, and feel Toronto is in good hands moving forward. 

MAPLE LEAFS LINEUP

K. Connor - N. MacKinnon - S. Reinhart

E. Kane - R. Colton - P. Kane

T. Frederic - M. Eyssimont - I. Mikheyev

D. Heinen - M. Amadio - J. Vesey

E. Luotsarinen

Q. Hughes - S. Theodore

N. Hague - C. Ceci

B. Kulak - A. Peeke

A. Larsson - C. Miller

S. Bobrovsky 

I. Samsonov

AHL PLAYOFF DEPTH

Logan Stankoven

Will Lockwood 

Ben Hutton

IRL AHLers

Edited by Gator
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Tank 1
  • Cheers 1

TRADE BLOCK

Maple Leafs are done shopping for assets, but if you feel you got a big top 6 piece for me on a top team we may be willing to pay up with Eetu Luotsarinen + futures

FUTURES

Nick Lardis

Gavin Hayes

Amadeus Lombardi

Dmitry Buchelnikov 

Erik Portillo

Carl Lindbom

Xavier Bourgault

Mathieu Cataford 

2024 CAR 3rd

Edited by Gator

Buffalo Sabres updated lineup

Teuvo Taravainen - Anze Kopitar - Vladimir Tarasenko 

Tyler Toffoli - Vincent Trocheck - Jordan Eberle 

Jason Zucker - Pierre-Luc Dubois - Sonny Milano 

Jordan Martinook - Jordan Staal - Jesper Fast 

Barclay Goodrow 

Darnell Nurse - Adam Fox

Tyler Myers - Kris Letang 

Brayden McNabb - Josh Manson 

Niko Mikkola - Timothy Liljegren 

Linus Ullmatk 

Joseph Woll 

Edited by Lethunder
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Signing: The Colorado Avalanche have signed Anthony Cirelli to an eight-year contract.

small.png Anthony Cirelli: Eight-year deal worth $48.0 million dollars ($6.0m per season)

Edited by arby18
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gator said:

BREAKING NEWS It has been decided that this will be my last year of GML regardless of the outcome. 

This feels like Trump level psychological warfare, I am calling fake news.

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Lethunder said:

Buffalo Sabres updated playoff lineup

Teuvo Taravainen - Anze Kopitar - Vladimir Tarasenko 

Tyler Toffoli - Vincent Trocheck - Jordan Eberle 

Jason Zucker - Pierre-Luc Dubois - Sonny Milano 

Jordan Martinook - Jordan Staal - Jesper Fast 

Barclay Goodrow 

Darnell Nurse - Adam Fox

Tyler Myers - Kris Letang 

Brayden McNabb - Josh Manson 

Niko Mikkola - Timothy Liljegren 

Linus Ullmatk 

Joseph Woll 

Rowan Atkinson GIF

• Wiener 1

TRADE: The Toronto Maple Leafs have made a trade with the Columbus Blue Jackets.

To TOR:

spacer.png Sergei Bobrovsky

spacer.png Sam Reinhart ($3 million retained in 2024-25)
spacer.png Nicolas Hague

To CBJ:
spacer.png Jack Hughes
spacer.png Reilly Smith
spacer.png Sergei Murashov
spacer.png Tristan Bertucci
spacer.png CGY 2024 3rd Round Draft Selection

I have to commend @Gator for his Jimmy Rutherford-like testicles, when he wants his guy he's gonna get his guy. Not to mention negotiations were incredibly fun and this trade is likely going to go down as one of the more historic ones in GML history. 

It was tough to sell from the position of being a top ten team in the league, but outside of a few specific players, we were worried that we wouldn't keep our form up in the playoffs. With our contracts, we wanted to put ourselves to compete for multiple years. Thus, when this offer came along, we decided it was best to play the role of the IRL Flyers and prepare for multiple big runs in the coming years. It sucks to see Reinhart go because I actually feel he can produce near this level beyond this season (even though he's due for a new IRL contract), but the offer was too good to refuse. Bobrovsky as well, as he's been a stalwart this year and we expect him to be a finalist for the Vezina this year, but his contract is up and we weren't certain we could retain him at a salary that made sense to us. Hague is a player we received interest in all year, and we never pulled the trigger because we're that high on him and the Vegas Golden Knights. However, after we heard about Hanifin potentially going there, we felt it was time to capitalize on a player who could struggle to find ice time. Regardless, we wish Sam, Sergei, and Nic all the best in Toronto!

As for the return, Jack Hughes needs no explanation. He instantly gives us the number 1 line in the league, if we didn't have it already and unlike some teams, we think he really could be here for the next 15+ years. Reilly Smith provides depth scoring to help replace what we lost in Reinhart, and we feel next season will be a much improved year for him with hopefully some playoff games. Sergei Murashov was a player I jumped on from the beginning, as he's a goalie I had already identified as being one of my favourite goalie prospects in the league. His numbers in Russia are phenomenal and even though he's only 6' tall, we believe his skillset is extremely transferrable. When I got the original offer, I almost peed myself from giggling so hard. I then saw that he had Bertucci, a prospect that I tried to acquire when he was with his previous team, and figured I'd throw a shot in the dark. It worked, and so here we are. 

Anyways, we have at least one more trade in the books, and then I think we're done unless we get an offer that's irrefusable! 

Updated lines:

Kaprizov - Hughes - Pastrnak 

Buchnevich - Pinto - Smith 

Kubalik - Norris - Bastian 

Barre-Boulet - Cizikas - Gauthier 

xxxx

Samuelsson - Trouba 

xxxx - Faber 

Bryson - Merrill

Nedeljkovic

Reimer

x's are players not yet on our team sheet, will update when that's done.

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1