[2023-2024] Prospect Tracker

23 hours ago, Down By the River said:

New year, new forum, same concept. 

This thread is for keeping track of Canucks prospects through the 2022-23* season. My definition of 'prospect' is relatively broad to include players that fans have an interest in. If there is someone you want on the list that hasn't been added, just let me know. 

I will also track some prospects eligible for the 2024 NHL entry draft who are projected to be selected in the middle of the first round (i.e., around where I think it is reasonable to expect the Canucks to be picking this year)

Will work on getting the images sharper. 

Thanks for doing this. I wasn't able to keep up with last year as life took over. I'm looking forward to keeping track of the kids!

• Thanks 1

On 9/17/2023 at 7:19 PM, Karma-Kazi44 said:

Thank you for doing this yet again. I have always followed this post on CDC but never had an account with the change In forum I decided to make my account. 

Welcome long time listener, first time caller 😉

Have the Canucks lost the rights to Victor Persson? Not that it's a problem, but just wondering what his status is and how he's doing. From what I can tell he didn't have a particularly noteworthy year in Liiga, but hard to tell if he might have made any strides that don't show up on the score sheet.

On 9/16/2023 at 3:24 PM, Down By the River said:

New year, new forum, same concept. 

This thread is for keeping track of Canucks prospects through the 2022-23* season. My definition of 'prospect' is relatively broad to include players that fans have an interest in. If there is someone you want on the list that hasn't been added, just let me know. 

I will also track some prospects eligible for the 2024 NHL entry draft who are projected to be selected in the middle of the first round (i.e., around where I think it is reasonable to expect the Canucks to be picking this year)

Will work on getting the images sharper. 

DBR!

Welcome back my dude!

Glad to see this thread back and running

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

Have the Canucks lost the rights to Victor Persson? Not that it's a problem, but just wondering what his status is and how he's doing. From what I can tell he didn't have a particularly noteworthy year in Liiga, but hard to tell if he might have made any strides that don't show up on the score sheet.

I think since he's a Euro prospect the Canucks have another year to sign him. I've left a few prospects off the list (e.g., Jurmo) until their play merits paying more concerted attention. 

• Cheers 1

OPs updated. 

Ty Young is 4-0 but the SV% is not where you'd might hope. Maybe it is because PG gives up a lot of high-danger scoring chances. They seem to be a run-and-gun team. Through 8 games they have ELEVEN players scoring over a point per game. 

D-Petey has bounced around quite a bit. I've focused on his Allsvenskan/SHL stats rather than J20 to avoid too much clutter. Hunter BRZ continues to put up points. 

After sitting out the first game of the year due to NCAA being the NCAA, Willander should get his first action this week. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Down By the River said:

OPs updated with stats through Oct 23. 

So, I was looking really briefly the other day and didn't have much time to experiment, but I believe that we can embed each prospects numbers into their profile (or here) from Elite Prospects and have their numbers refresh in real time.