Aquilini! Do we really need him?

Dumb Nuck

Aquilini! Do we really need him?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Aquilini! Do we really need him?

• HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!
    • ya

• Dumb Nuck changed the title to Aquilini! Do we really need him?

Problem is, he knows what the franchise is worth. And it would take about $1.5 Billion to buy the team. Even RR isn't that rich. If he can get a consortium to buy the club great.

(I'm including 500 million to make it lucrative, and you'd need lots of operating capital to run the team.)

It's less of do we need them? More like we're stuck with him.

• Sad 1

I don't think money is the issue with this team. The Aqualinis have spent plenty, it just hasn't been directed in the right areas. It feels like they finally have some very competent front office staff and coaches and are going to turn a corner here sooner rather than later.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

McCaw, he brought around Orca Bay, the disaster responsible for the hideous jersey.

McCaw wasn't around from 1970-1995.  So, you seem to be going around in circles.  The team sucked from 1970-1996, before McCaw even bought the team.  Other than a fantasy playoff run in 1982, the Canucks really didn't do much until Pat Quinn and Pavel Bure arrived.  So, blaming Aquilini is kinda dumb, no pun intended.

Most of the teams that entered the league from 1970 have already won a cup.  There are lots of reasons why we haven't won the cup yet.  Aquilini is only a small part of that...

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

McCaw wasn't around from 1970-1995.  So, you seem to be going around in circles.  The team sucked from 1970-1996, before McCaw even bought the team.  Other than a fantasy playoff run in 1982, the Canucks really didn't do much until Pat Quinn and Pavel Bure arrived.  So, blaming Aquilini is kinda dumb, no pun intended.

Most of the teams that entered the league from 1970 have already won a cup.  There are lots of reasons why we haven't won the cup yet.  Aquilini is only a small part of that...

OK, I next blame Ernie Boyd, the creator of the Flying V logo, a man who had never seen a hockey game but turned our team into a laughing stock.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Nevertheless, as I asked in my original post, Aquilini! Do we really need him?

On 9/17/2023 at 11:17 AM, gwarrior said:

I'd rather he just keep his nose out of everything and let management do their jobs. But no, just has to play with his toy.

Maybe we'd be better off if he were busy stuffing his nose somewhere else 

Take a vacation to Columbia Frankie, you can afford it..