[Signing] Patrick Kane signs with Detroit Red Wings (1 x 2.75M)

44 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

Good.  The little cabbie beater can go from one shit-hole town to another shit-hole town.

Hope his hip falls off.

Love Detroit.  

Went there frequently before pandemic for concerts.

Downtown has gone through a major improvement.  Great entertainment district.

Similar to Toronto but with a different type of multiculturalism and everything is a fraction of the cost.

Whenever had the choice of Toronto or Detroit always chose Detroit.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Be interesting to see how he performs, not surprised he didn't get more than the season 

Red Wings have been better this season, maybe he can help them return to the playoffs

I think he's going to be very game managed, lots of PP time, very little contact, etc. Not sure how effective he'll be as a floater. Can probably still make incredible passes tho. 

25 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

I think he's trying to play for every Original 6 team.

CHI

NYR

DET

Next up: BOS, then MTL, then TOR when he's well into his 40s.  You know the Leafs.

Unrelated to the topic but I wouldn't be surprised if the "Vancouver Penguins", with Alvin at the helm, signed a 40 year old Evgeni Malkin to a one year deal.  😛

• Haha 3

• DeltaSwede changed the title to [Signing] Patrick Kane signs with Detroit Red Wings (1 x 2.75M)
10 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I think he's going to be very game managed, lots of PP time, very little contact, etc. Not sure how effective he'll be as a floater. Can probably still make incredible passes tho. 

The talent will be there, wonder if his body will hold up though

It'd be a first

• Like 1

He's probably still only good to be a 50-60 point pace forward. Good fit though but I don't know if he'll still have any speed to keep up with those kids. Detroit were starting to look a bit average and then win 3 in a row and jump up the standings again so good timing.

Don't think they go deep or win anything but will make for a fun playoff team to watch.

1 hour ago, DrJockitch said:

Love Detroit.  

Went there frequently before pandemic for concerts.

Downtown has gone through a major improvement.  Great entertainment district.

Similar to Toronto but with a different type of multiculturalism and everything is a fraction of the cost.

Whenever had the choice of Toronto or Detroit always chose Detroit.

By any chance, did you drink the water while you were there?  Hopefully you stayed away from Flint area in the first rung of the surrounding towns/cities. 

• Cheers 1

If the guy's physical health can withstand the grind, he could do some damage with his old buddy dbCat.

From Yahoo Sports - 

"Kane had alluded in the past to hoping to reunite with the diminutive sniper, notably last February ahead of the NHL Trade Deadline.

"[I] wish I was still playing with him," Kane told reporters when asked about the pair's relationship ahead of a game against the Ottawa Senators, DeBrincat's team at the time.

He'll definitely be given an opportunity, and the Wings are rolling along right now, they could potentially get a bump from this. It will be interesting to watch unfold.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Can't beat the Flint Air BNB prices tho 

You used to be able to buy a house in Detroit for $5,000. (Who cares if it is US $?)

Actually some were free; the city just wanted someone to speak for all the cleanup costs etc.

So I guess its all cleaned up now??

• Like 1

Just now, Goal_thecup said:

You used to be able to buy a house in Detroit for $5,000. (Who cares if it is US $?)

Actually some were free; the city just wanted someone to speak for all the cleanup costs etc.

So I guess its all cleaned up now??

If you're ok with an ineffectual governmental body that wants another 15 years just to replace pipes that leach heavy metal into residential lines, Detroit is just fine.

https://detroitmi.gov/news/detroit-replace-5000-lead-service-lines-year-ramping-10000-year-starting-2024#:~:text=The Michigan Lead %26 Copper Rule,was replaced in recent years.

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

Unrelated to the topic but I wouldn't be surprised if the "Vancouver Penguins", with Alvin at the helm, signed a 40 year old Evgeni Malkin to a one year deal.  😛

He's Russian.   More likely he signs Edler as his big "push move" going down the stretch.    

• Haha 1