[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Las Vegas Pawns, Da Garage (better name), Nov 30, 7PM PST - The Put the Boots to 'em for Top Spot Game

Rocket-68

Hello Cap Space My Old Friend, Very Nice to See You Again!  

91 members have voted

1. 1. What should JR / PA do with $5.7M Cap Space (Multiple Selections Allowed)

• Throw a giant party for all fans at today's game after a 5-1 beat down of the Nighty-Nights - FREE BOOZE!!!
    • Pay to jettison the Chaos Giraffe into the Sun?
    • Nothing! Cap space will be gold at the TDL
    • Nothing Squared! Keep the space for the off season.
    • What the hell is wrong with you, splurge on a top-4 D and pry NZ out from Calgary
    • Sign Flying Phil for $1M plus a signing bonus of a year's supply of weiners
    • Fil the Thrill for a Mil plus Zadarov plus package Myers with a late rounder for the vaunted Future Considerations (damn good player he is)
    • ... dear author, whatever you are smoking, package it up ... none of the above, see my comment below.
  2. 2. Now that Zad is a 'Nuck, what do you think of the trade and management (multiple selections allowed)

• I had to clean my shorts partway through reading the news of Z ... and in a good way!
    • Milstein for GM of the YEAR!
    • Rutherford and Allvin beat the Benning & Co like a wide-eyed kid hitting a low-hanging pinata
    • Conroy must secretly have hired Benning as an advisor
    • Are you kidding!!!!! We have Z and cap space for the TDL ... or Fil the Thrill
    • I was so happy, I slapped the dentures right out of my sweet grannies face as she was serving goulash for dinner

Just now, MikeyD said:

It bothers the hell out of me that 85% of powerplays occur in the first 2 periods. 

Is that a legit stat? What's the time frame of the data? do you know...curious if its over like decades. It doesn't surprise me, as it just shows refs "manage the game", which we know...just curious about that stat....

One would think over a long period of time and all games in the NHL, the data should show that its pretty evenly dispersed if there was no monkey business as it should be all random.

Just now, stawns said:

I'd say, at the moment, it could either way.  The Oilers are hearing up and it's looking like the central might take both WC spots.  Lots of hockey left though

It's going to be a dogfight between 7 teams for those wildcard spots including the Canucks. Forget about Vegas, focus on beating those teams behind us.

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I would hope losing to one of the worst teams in NHL history would be a wake-up call, apparently not. 

I hope your right though; that this is just a learning stretch & we'll come back stronger, but no come-back wins so far isn't encouraging. 

Lot of season to go, you don't jump from drafting 11OA right to being a consistently elite team, there were always going to be hiccups 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, billydakid said:

Is that a legit stat? What's the time frame of the data? do you know...curious if its over like decades. It doesn't surprise me, as it just shows refs "manage the game", which we know...just curious about that stat....

One would think over a long period of time and all games in the NHL, the data should show that its pretty evenly dispersed if there was no monkey business as it should be all random.

I made it up but I'd be willing to bet I'm not far off. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Lot of season to go, you don't jump from drafting 11OA right to being a consistently elite team, there were always going to be hiccups 

Ya but this stretch is starting to be a bit too long. 4-6 in the last ten. Win one, lose one. Not exactly inspiring the fanbase.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

No argument, though I do think the Canucks are a wc team, at best, at this point in their evolution

If not for the early cushion they built, probably imo

Should be in the mix for either a wildcard or the 3-2 divisional spots if injuries don't decimate em 

Edmonton and Calgary are stringing together wins now though, can't let up

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, billydakid said:

Why do people ever think games aren't managed?  That's not some state secret.......hockey would be unwatchable if they didnt

9 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Right? Talk about not understanding the importance of role players.  

I don't think Soucy or Suter are role players. But I get what you're saying..

On this team I'd consider guys like Joshua and Friedman role players..

Soucy and Suter are big parts of the team.

Your 3C is always a big part of the team. Especially one playing a 200ft game and contributing in all facets of the game like Suter was.. big loss. 

Soucy is a beast. Top 4/5 role PK big body ... this team hasn't been the same since he went out 

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Ya but this stretch is starting to be a bit too long. 4-6 in the last ten. Win one, lose one. Not exactly inspiring the fanbase.

I don't disagree, but it's still progress when compared to the last couple seasons 

Growing pains 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, stawns said:

Why do people ever think games aren't managed?  That's not some state secret.......hockey would be unwatchable if they didnt

No one thinks its not managed, but its stupid...oh we've given them two powerplays in a row so we can't give them three!