[Discussion] TSN Trade Bait Board Thread

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Probably wouldn't break the bank either

Duclair and Monahan could be interesting too, but Monahan could be pricy given his cap hit

I dunno what to make of Duclair.  One season he's a gifted goal scorer, the next he's a bottom 6 guy.  Very risky.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, HKSR said:

First TSN trade bait board is up:

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/calgary-flames-dominate-top-of-tsn-s-first-trade-bait-list-1.2046296?

1,2, and 3 are all Flames:  Lindholm, Tanev, and Hanifin

#6 is the guy I'm most interested in.  Sean Walker would be a fantastic add to our 2nd pair.

31 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I dunno what to make of Duclair.  One season he's a gifted goal scorer, the next he's a bottom 6 guy.  Very risky.

Sean Walker is a better version of Mark Friedman.  He provides an offensive punch, less so defensively.  I'm not sure if we need that since we already have Myers.  When Soucy comes back we'll have a logjam on defence.  Unless your plan is to move Myers...

Duclair is a complimentary top-six forward.  He is a good offensive playdriver with streaky finishing, but needs solid linemates to either feed him the puck or receive his passes.  When you go from Barkov and Verhaeghe to... Granlund and Zetterlund... anyone would expect a drop-off.  Duclair wasn't clicking with Hertl, but maybe when Couture comes back he'll find better chemistry.  He has heated up a bit now that the Sharks don't look like an all-time lottery team.

Edited by Miss Korea
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Sean Walker is a better version of Mark Friedman.  He provides an offensive punch, less so defensively.  I'm not sure if we need that since we already have Myers.  When Soucy comes back we'll have a logjam on defence.  Unless your plan is to move Myers...

Duclair is a complimentary top-six forward.  He is a good offensive playdriver with streaky finishing, but needs solid linemates to either feed him the puck or receive his passes.  When you go from Barkov and Verhaeghe to... Granlund and Zetterlund... anyone would expect a drop-off.  Duclair wasn't clicking with Hertl, but maybe when Couture comes back he'll find better chemistry.  He has heated up a bit now that the Sharks don't look like an all-time lottery team.

Any player card on Walker?  Curious what it looks like.

Duclair didn't just drop off.  He fell flat on his face, and that started in Florida last year (2 goals in 20 games).  He's actually BETTER this year than last year with 6 goals in 24 games.  That's why I don't know what to make of him.

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

Complimentary winger, could be a decent buy low candidate if San Jose continues to sputter more often than not 

They've been better of late but they're still likely to be bad most of the time

Wasn't as productive last season with 2 goals and 9 points, but he also only played 20 regular season games, 11 points in 20 playoff games though which isn't bad

Been pretty decent 3/4 seasons, could bet on him being better when surrounded by more skill

Edited by Coconuts

I saw an article a week or two ago regarding the Canucks trying to trade for a Top 6 player. This article suggested 12 players as possibilities. Sorry, can't recall where I saw it, but anyway, irrelevant.

grain of salt

Frank Vatrano - ANA - highly doubtful IMO

Victor Olofsson - BUF

Yegor Sharangovich - CGY

Patrik Laine - CBJ

Sean Monahan - MTL

Vladimir Tarasenko - OTT

Travis Konecny - PHI

Joel Farabee  -PHI

Anthony DuClair - SJ

Eeli Tolvanen - SEA

Pavel Buchnevich - STL

Tyler Bertuzzi - TOR

Any chance the Canucks trade for one of these players?  Assuming Myers or Kuzmenko going the other way.

10 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

I saw an article a week or two ago regarding the Canucks trying to trade for a Top 6 player. This article suggested 12 players as possibilities. Sorry, can't recall where I saw it, but anyway, irrelevant.

grain of salt

Victor Olofsson - BUF

Yegor Sharangovich - CGY

Patrik Laine - CBJ

Sean Monahan - MTL

Vladimir Tarasenko - OTT

Travis Konecny - PHI

Joel Farabee  -PHI

Anthony DuClair - SJ

Eeli Tolvanen - SEA

Pavel Buchnevich - STL

Tyler Bertuzzi - TOR

Any chance the Canucks trade for one of these players?  Assuming Myers or Kuzmenko going the other way.

The 3 I'd want from that list:

1. Buchnevich

2. Konecny

3. Farabee

4 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

grain of salt

Victor Olofsson - BUF

Yegor Sharangovich - CGY

Patrik Laine - CBJ

Sean Monahan - MTL

Vladimir Tarasenko - OTT

Travis Konecny - PHI

Joel Farabee  -PHI

Anthony DuClair - SJ

Eeli Tolvanen - SEA

Pavel Buchnevich - STL

Tyler Bertuzzi - TOR

buchnevich / konecny would be interesting adds but I dont see how its possible. Transaction or salary wise right now.

15 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

grain of salt

Victor Olofsson - BUF

Yegor Sharangovich - CGY

Patrik Laine - CBJ

Sean Monahan - MTL

Vladimir Tarasenko - OTT

Travis Konecny - PHI

Joel Farabee  -PHI

Anthony DuClair - SJ

Eeli Tolvanen - SEA

Pavel Buchnevich - STL

Tyler Bertuzzi - TOR

Sharangovich would be nice, but I highly doubt he's available since he was the main part of the return Calgary got for trading Toffoli. He's also surprisingly not physical despite his size, but is good defensively and decent offensively.

Buchnevich would obviously be a fantastic add, but also probably costs way too many assets.

Bringing in Monahan for 3C (slide Suter to the wing when healthy) would give us incredible center depth. However, he is likely also quite expensive due to his cheap contract.

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

Any player card on Walker?  Curious what it looks like.

Duclair didn't just drop off.  He fell flat on his face, and that started in Florida last year (2 goals in 20 games).  He's actually BETTER this year than last year with 6 goals in 24 games.  That's why I don't know what to make of him.

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

Complimentary winger, could be a decent buy low candidate if San Jose continues to sputter more often than not 

They've been better of late but they're still likely to be bad most of the time

Wasn't as productive last season with 2 goals and 9 points, but he also only played 20 regular season games, 11 points in 20 playoff games though which isn't bad

Been pretty decent 3/4 seasons, could bet on him being better when surrounded by more skill

I've just read up on him now and Walker's actually having a fantastic start to his season.  I don't think his trade value has ever been higher.

image.png.df46da2ce4025a76afcd9b80eb0a7c8d.png

Anthony Duclair is still an effective player when he doesn't score.  But when he doesn't score, he really doesn't score.  Look at that finishing.  For that price, he'd be great on most other playoff teams.

image.png.3ad1c36a1cab2988d5e80e5fae6c42b3.png

• Cheers 1