Vancouver Canucks and bold GM Patrik Allvin have made their own luck - Frank Seravalli - Daily Faceoff

Great article except I really don't get why Miller gets no respect.  Miller is literally the engine for the forwards this year, but here Seravelli talks about "those three to put the Canucks on their back"... referring to Petey, Hughes, and Demko. 

Oh well, IMO, Miller is one of the league's best centres right now (might even be the best).

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Great article except I really don't get why Miller gets no respect.  Miller is literally the engine for the forwards this year, but here Seravelli talks about "those three to put the Canucks on their back"... referring to Petey, Hughes, and Demko. 

Oh well, IMO, Miller is one of the league's best centres right now (might even be the best).

I agree. Miller has been our most important forward this season very clearly

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

43 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Good point. Didn't notice that initially. Miller has been the physical force that Bo never was. Always engaged and snarly. 

• Cheers 2

56 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Yes and no mention of Brock either, although one could make the leap easily that it has something to do with the coaching staff, Brock himself put the work in.   

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Big Frank was also one of the few non local insiders that was bullish on the Canucks before the season started. 

Every trade is a gamble and most of these moves have gone Allvins way. He should let this roster settle in now before making more moves. Like a gambler, quit while you're ahead.

16 hours ago, Blue said:

Big Frank was also one of the few non local insiders that was bullish on the Canucks before the season started. 

Every trade is a gamble and most of these moves have gone Allvins way. He should let this roster settle in now before making more moves. Like a gambler, quit while you're ahead.

Agreed.  Let those roster be set with Soucy out and if he comes back, it's additional and would have been more tougher to play against.  If I could, maybe one more trade: Myers for some forward depth.   Holes created by Beauviller trade for some cap space led to Zadrov trade and I think that is enough.  If we cannot get some promotion by internal call-up or that prospect isn't ready.  Only reason to trade Myers is asset management as he is set to walk this summer.  If Myers continues to make some head-scratcher plays then that is the good reason to get him out while we can and other teams think he's good for height defensive plays while not noticing that he does have weakness.  He is not overly physical despite his size.  Imo, it's a wasted asset.

• Upvote 1