[proposal]: Andrei Kuzmenko for Evander Kane?

Kuzmenko would likely fair much better under Edmonton's 'run and gun' system while the Canucks would get significantly physically stronger up front.  If Tocchet is looking for a guy that will forecheck, then Eastvander Kane will definitely check the boxes here.  

While Kane is currently a much better player than Kuzmenko, his age and longer contract would make him a riskier investment than Kuzmenko......and hence, possibly making the deal fair. I don't know if Edmonton would have much reason to make this deal but perhaps it would make sense for the Canucks?  

Edited by Jeremy Hronek
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

Kuzmenko would likely fair much better under Edmonton's 'run and gun' system while the Canucks would get significantly physically stronger up front.  

While Kane is currently a much better place than Kuzmenko, his age and longer contract would make him a riskier investment than Kuzmenko......and hence, possibly making the deal fair. I don't know if Edmonton would have much reason to make this deal but perhaps it would make sense for the Canucks?  

Like you said, Edmonton doesn't really have a reason to make this deal. Kane has been good in Edmonton, isvmore productive,  and brings an element of grit that Kuzmenko never could. 

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, UncleBen said:

NO..NO..and N0 F'ing way we want that sack of 💩 on our team.He's been a problem in every locker room he has been in..good hockey player ..terrible human being

Maybe I haven't been paying attention but I don't think there's been much in the way of bad reports on him since getting to Edmonton.  

• Cheers 2

Don't like this trade; mostly due to Kane's $5.12x3yr contract.  I don't like his questionable hits either.

If Kusy is to be traded, I'd rather it includes a 2nd pairing d or even a promising prospect/young player

that brings back a much lower salary cap.  I could also get on board if the team's 1st was included, so

they could get a top notch return.

Maybe if Kuz wore a full mask, he would return to his form. 

I can't see  trading him for anything of equal or greater value playing now. His chin has changed his game.

We should be patient with him, in terms of playing in the NHL. He is in a sophomore slump.

39 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

Maybe I haven't been paying attention but I don't think there's been much in the way of bad reports on him since getting to Edmonton.  

Possibly because there's no respectable guys on the Oilers.  You'd have to be a real piece of trash to fit in with those gutless cowards

• ThereItIs 1

39 minutes ago, snowman955 said:

Maybe if Kuz wore a full mask, he would return to his form. 

I can't see  trading him for anything of equal or greater value playing now. His chin has changed his game.

We should be patient with him, in terms of playing in the NHL. He is in a sophomore slump

It's not a sophomore slump.  Last year he had an unsustainable shooting percentage.   He was at 27.5%  By comparison Gretzky had a career average of just over 17%.  

This year Kuzmenko is at around 11% which is league average.  He's probably capable of a bit more but there was never any chance of him repeating his 39 goal output from last season with the number of shots he takes.   He'd have to more than double his shot output to get even close to what he did last season, and thats really not his game 

Edited by qwijjibo

1 hour ago, qwijjibo said:

He literally took a penalty and a fight in a temper tantrum over ice time. Numerous reports of being a shit teammate hard pass on this selfish prick.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

He literally took a penalty and a fight in a temper tantrum over ice time. Numerous reports of being a shit teammate hard pass on this selfish prick.

Pretty much all the reports of him being a locker roo.. Issue come from His time in SJ.  

Regardless,  this isn't a trade Edmonton would consider so its a moot point 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

It's not a sophomore slump.  Last year he had an unsustainable shooting percentage.   He was at 27.5%  By comparison Gretzky had a career average of just over 17%.  

This year Kuzmenko is at around 11% which is league average.  He's probably capable of a bit more but there was never any chance of him repeating his 39 goal output from last season with the number of shots he takes.   He'd have to more than double his shot output to get even close to what he did last season, and thats really not his game 

I respect your outlook. From what l have seen other teams are onto our profile players. Rick needs to address this with what he has. 

With the exception of Miller, who as a veteran knows how to slightly change up to allow for the best to achieve. 

Hence a learning curve for Kuz to educate on his experience. 

His talent is there, just adjust how he is covered by opposing teams.

27 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

Yupppp, regression was inevitable given that sky high shooting percentage 

He should probably be scoring more than he has, but his shooting percentage was always going to dip sooner or later 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

Pretty much all the reports of him being a locker roo.. Issue come from His time in SJ.  

Regardless,  this isn't a trade Edmonton would consider so its a moot point 

Winnipeg numerous issues too and just because their not reported doesn't mean they're not happening too. And putting yourself in the box on purpose to protest ice time is cancerous behavior.

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Winnipeg numerous issues too and just because their not reported doesn't mean they're not happening too. And putting yourself in the box on purpose to protest ice time is cancerous behavior.

I didn't say hes a peach of a guy, only that the bulk of his publicized issues were previous to his tenure in Edmonton.  To be fair you can point to a number of occasions where Miller didn't appear to be a great teammate either.  Not every player is deserving of the Lady Byng 

Just now, qwijjibo said:

I didn't say hes a peach of a guy, only that the bulk of his publicized issues were previous to his tenure in Edmonton.  To be fair you can point to a number of occasions where Miller didn't appear to be a great teammate either.  Not every player is deserving of the Lady Byng 

Kane is objectively toxic at worst and a nuisance at best. Not a player I'd be interested in acquiring and nowhere near as effective as Miller too and it's not even close. 

• Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

I promise you, Kuz will be back with a vengeance..You can't keep a top dog down, Seen his interviews? He understands the task. Quote me later.

Only if he plays with EP or Miller line.  He’s not going to do it on the 4th line.  Maybe he could rack it up on the PP1.

3 minutes ago, BPA said:

Only if he plays with EP or Miller line.  He’s not going to do it on the 4th line.  Maybe he could rack it up on the PP1.

Yes. And to be perfectly honest man, I see his play ..This guy has all the skill but is lacking confidence at the moment. So many times he had a lane to shoot but passed of instead to make a 'perfect play'..He will get it together, All mind tricks for him right now.

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

Kane is objectively toxic at worst and a nuisance at best. Not a player I'd be interested in acquiring and nowhere near as effective as Miller too and it's not even close. 

Shut the **** up.

Why wouldn't you want a locker room cancer on this tight knit group we have now?

a004d7f9f5e6e33705fec03b427a7725.jpg

🤣

What could go wrong! 🥸

• Haha 1