[Trade] Avalanche trade Tomas Tatar to Kraken for 2024 5th round pick

• Jess changed the title to [Trade] Avalanche trade 2024 5th round pick to Kraken for Tomas Tatar
36 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

He was such a good forward. What happened? 

I have loved to see a Mik-Tats-Kuzzy line. Or something akin to that with a proper Center. 

Had a really solid year last year but he went from playing on a team with insane center depth, at least on the high end talent side, to a team that has MacKinnon. Their only 2 good wingers, with Landeskog out, are playing on the top line with MacKinnon. So he really has no one to play off of that are much, much better than him. They are a pretty poor team outside of their top line. Like, their second line center Ryan Johansen has 11 points. So he's not exactly lighting it up either. They apparently have a little under 5mil in cap space right now. Will be interesting to see what they do, if anything.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

• Jess changed the title to [Trade] Avalanche trade Tomas Tatar to Kraken for 2024 5th round pick
2 hours ago, Drive-By Body Pierce said:

I think your title is backwards.

2 hours ago, BigTramFan said:

Yeah Seattle gets Tatar and COL gets the 5th round pick

My mistake. I edited the title to make it more clear and got it backwards in the process 🙃

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Had a really solid year last year but he went from playing on a team with insane center depth, at least on the high end talent side, to a team that has MacKinnon. Their only 2 good wingers, with Landeskog out, are playing on the top line with MacKinnon. So he really has no one to play off of that are much, much better than him. They are a pretty poor team outside of their top line. Like, their second line center Ryan Johansen has 11 points. So he's not exactly lighting it up either. They apparently have a little under 5mil in cap space right now. Will be interesting to see what they do, if anything.

Then perhaps Mik-Tatar-Kuzzy could have been a line. 

I don’t know Tatar’s caphit, but sorta just spitballing. 

7 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Then perhaps Mik-Tatar-Kuzzy could have been a line. 

I don’t know Tatar’s caphit, but sorta just spitballing. 

A line with no centers would be pretty sketchy. But honestly, 1.5mil for an expiring Tatar isn't that bad. According to HockeyReference he was 24th in Selke voting last season. Didn't even know it went that far or even how they figure that number. But it sounds like he's a decent two way guy at the very least. And on an expiring cheap deal. Surprised he was even moved outta Colorado. Guessing they really wanna add offence. Byram for Kuzy :classic_ninja: Hoard all the LHD.

16 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

A line with no centers would be pretty sketchy. But honestly, 1.5mil for an expiring Tatar isn't that bad. According to HockeyReference he was 24th in Selke voting last season. Didn't even know it went that far or even how they figure that number. But it sounds like he's a decent two way guy at the very least. And on an expiring cheap deal. Surprised he was even moved outta Colorado. Guessing they really wanna add offence. Byram for Kuzy :classic_ninja: Hoard all the LHD.

I previously mentioned in an earlier post about a Center. I know it’s pie in the sky stuff but if Tatar could re-emerge he would have been a solid get. 

I reckon Seattle will reap the rewards. 

5 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I previously mentioned in an earlier post about a Center. I know it’s pie in the sky stuff but if Tatar could re-emerge he would have been a solid get. 

I reckon Seattle will reap the rewards. 

Yeah, a 5th for him is pretty cheap. I do think the Kraken will like having him. Kind of a weird move though, just cause they don't really have much of a playoff hope. And with how old Tatar is, what exactly is his future there? Just scratching Colorado's back for a later move?

7 hours ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Yeah, a 5th for him is pretty cheap. I do think the Kraken will like having him. Kind of a weird move though, just cause they don't really have much of a playoff hope. And with how old Tatar is, what exactly is his future there? Just scratching Colorado's back for a later move?

Seattle has injury issues at forward and plan to still be in the mix pushing for a Playoff spot by season's end. 

They can better fit Tatar into their lineup and I'd imagine he starts producing at a higher clip now.

3 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Seattle has injury issues at forward and plan to still be in the mix pushing for a Playoff spot by season's end. 

They can better fit Tatar into their lineup and I'd imagine he starts producing at a higher clip now.

Francis “The Talking Mule” should be tanking. Adding Tatar only makes them slightly better. They will just finish up with a worse draft spot but for sure be out of the playoffs. 

18 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Really wasn't the same player once he left Detroit.  Just fit in well with their system.

Always wanted him here was hoping the Canucks would have drafted him plays the right way and can get to the dirty areas too. Crazy that he didn't find a fit in Colorado. He was a beast in the WJC Tourny too 

On 12/16/2023 at 6:51 AM, Alflives said:

Francis “The Talking Mule” should be tanking. Adding Tatar only makes them slightly better. They will just finish up with a worse draft spot but for sure be out of the playoffs. 

They probably think they have something left given last season.

That being said, even if they are tanking, Tatar strikes me as a opportunistic signing no matter what stage of team development you're at.