Rate the last tv show you’ve been watching

Bllewellyn

Murder at the end of the world

it’s an FX show. A murder mystery or just a murder with the main character trying to solve the problem Clive Owens is in it so far I’m up to episode five and he hasn’t played a huge role in it yet.. I find there’s quite a few flashbacks, trying to build character depth very slow moving show I give it five out of 10. It has potential to be really good be it’s pretty slow moving at the moment.

NCIS Sydney

I know NCIS is your stereotypical Monday night police show very cookie cutter however, I’ve enjoyed them up to this point. Sydney NCIS however, is by far the worst so far I’m trying to give it its time to see if it’ll grow on me however, none of the characters have your normal charm of the other ones, they have their quirky person they’re grumpy person they’re mysterious person, and none of them seem to go together, there’s no cohesion maybe its because it’s in Australia but yeah, it doesn’t have any charm of the others 4 episodes in and I’d say it’s an underwhelming 

3.5/10 

Bookie 

it’s a max original showing life and times of a bookie. So far there’s been four episodes, sex drugs, and everything you’d find associated with gambling.. there is been quite a few recognizable actors and actresses in the show. I’d say it’s better than average.

7.5/10 

Monarch; legacy of monsters

It’s an Apple TV show, and they seem to do it right. It’s up to episode six so far and it’s been intriguing, I’m streaming it and there’s quite a bit of Japanese in it and I don’t have subtitles so I recommend if you do stream , watch it with subtitles, it’s a Godzilla mystery show basically . it’s a little slow and cheesy in parts but good overall.

8/10

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Recent watches:

FX:

Fargo season 4  - typically twisted well written plot and great acting - 9/10

The Old Man - interesting enough though occasionally dumb like a spy soap opera- 7.5/10

HBO:

Chernobyl - watched it for a second time.  well researched, well written, well acted - 9/10

Current watches:

HBO:

True Detective: Night Country - I'm hooked and intrigued.  preliminary rating 9/10

AMC:

Monsieur Spade - Not bad; not great.  I'm pretty sure I'll see it through unless it worsens.   preliminary rating 7/10

• Like 1

The Bachelor!

11/10.

Last night was the season premiere of Joey's season! 

Due to priorities, I was unable to watch it last night because hockey was on.

I took the delightful opportunity to watch it this evening. 

A must see! I am going to watch it again in case I missed anything. 

Edited by brilac
  • Cheers 1

Masters of the air

It’s a mini series on Apple. It follows the lives of World War II airman of the 100th bomber group. Seen two episodes so far and they are a little slow, but seem to have quite a bit of detail well worth an hours  viewing time.

8/10 with the potential to improve

Edited by Bllewellyn
  • Vintage 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2024 at 11:17 PM, brilac said:

The Bachelor!

11/10.

Last night was the season premiere of Joey's season! 

Due to priorities, I was unable to watch it last night because hockey was on.

I took the delightful opportunity to watch it this evening. 

A must see! I am going to watch it again in case I missed anything. 

Never seen this particular show but Mrs Alf really enjoyed Dancing With The Stars. 

• Like 1

The Bachelor - 11/10!

This week on the Bachelor, Joey and his gals take a sweet trip to Malta, and as intense moments arise, it is down to the 2-1 with Joey either choosing Sydney or Maria!

With my eyes glued to the TV set and with Joey holding the rose, he choses Maria! It was a goodbye to Sydney as my gal Maria was staying!

The saga continues tomorrow night as a 2 night special with Joey's journey in finding love, or what I would say - champagne thoughts! 🍾

Halo season two

episode three so far, I’m loving this season one of the better shows on at the moment. Being a futuristic war, soap opera, based on the video game( which I’ve never played, so I’m not sure how close it follows the game) I’ve got to say one of my favourite shows at the moment. 

9/10 

• Cheers 1

On 2/10/2024 at 11:46 AM, Bllewellyn said:

Halo season two

I’ve only seen two episodes so far but I’ve enjoyed both. if you like Halo season one, you’ll like this as well.

8/10 

I’m on episode 3. 

Awesome show. 

It gets better and better. Love this show. 

I highly recommend this show.

I never played the game but I love MasterChief. 

9/10

On 1/22/2024 at 2:06 PM, Satchmo said:

Recent watches:

FX:

Fargo season 4  - typically twisted well written plot and great acting - 9/10

The Old Man - interesting enough though occasionally dumb like a spy soap opera- 7.5/10

HBO:

Chernobyl - watched it for a second time.  well researched, well written, well acted - 9/10

Current watches:

HBO:

True Detective: Night Country - I'm hooked and intrigued.  preliminary rating 9/10

AMC:

Monsieur Spade - Not bad; not great.  I'm pretty sure I'll see it through unless it worsens.   preliminary rating 7/10

True Detective: Night Country is amazing. 

I’m hooked.  Love this show. The acting and location is beyond my expectations. 

This show deserves every award and accolades. 

• Cheers 1