Rate the last tv show you’ve been watching

Bllewellyn

True Detective S4

6/10

Loved Jodie Foster.  I was definitely open to the location/setting of this season but the story was ultimately a letdown.  The Tuttle connections to S1 went absolutely nowhere-why include them?  The supernatural/horror elements seemed “tacked on” by the end of it.  Not sure if Issa Lopez has the grit to do the True Detective I love right and that intro song 🤢

And shes been greenlit to do S5.

Shogun

On FX network.

so far- very good. Very close to the original mini series, in terms of pacing and scenes; but the improvement of cameras and sound work makes a large difference.

I'm hoping the show will continue past the previous ending, and follow along as Toranaga defeats his enemies to win to win the Shogunate.

Could go an extra 2 or 3 seasons.

^

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertainment/tv/shōgun-cast-praises-amazing-b-c-as-perfect-place-to-film-samurai-drama/ar-BB1j8dzI?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=d9cdb61e5c4a4e65b47e7973a6b4d88c&ei=54

'

You probably didn’t know it, but Shōgun, one of the most buzz-worthy shows in recent memory has significant Canadian connections.

While the FX historical drama is set in 1600 Japan, it was only partially filmed in the East Asian country. Instead, the majority of the production was based in none other than B.C. across locations like Port Moody, Ucluelet and Coquitlam.

he 10-episode series follows Lord Yoshii Toranaga as he fights for his life against the Council of Regents, and a marooned English sailor who comes bearing secrets that could turn the tide of the mounting war.

Speaking to Yahoo Canada, the predominantly Japanese cast of the critically-acclaimed series raved about B.C., particularly for how it stood in for their homeland.

Hiroyuki Sanada, the legendary actor who plays Lord Yoshii Toranaga, thanked Canada, “especially Vancouver,” for being “a perfect place to make a samurai drama because they had a big, great, beautiful studio, and then 30 minutes drive from the studio they have everything, forest, river, beach, parks, mountains.”

He notes that the production hired many Japanese crew members who worked well with the local B.C. workers. “And then we hired the Japanese crew to make it authentic as much as possible, and then they worked together, collaborated, and we created great teamwork immediately. It was a dream East meets West company in Vancouver. And also, a lot of extras from Vancouver. … They worked so hard, I’d love to say thank you to the Vancouver extras.”

-----------------

mal

The Bachelor!

This week I give it a 9/10 because he sent my gal Maria home! 

It was an intense rose ceremony as I kept saying - MARIA each time he was about to give a rose out! 

I mean, this was intense! It put me in a tizzy and a state of panic as he was down to the final rose! 

It was a gosh darn moment as well! Most intense rose ceremony by far this season! 

• Cheers 1

Does Netflix count in this thread? I'm kind of bursting right now. We just binged the series "Loudermilk", and in episode 9 of season 3, my nephew had a speaking part in this show. If you haven't seen it, warning it's crass, lots of swearing, pc, uh no, the filters have been turned off. Give it a watch. Set in Seattle, but filmed in Vancouver.

• Upvote 1

ARK: The animated Series

i have enjoyed it , plenty of good graphics and creatures. The storyline is pretty good. It might be a little graphic for younger audience quite a bit of blood etc….. 

7.5/10

Halo 

been watching the second season just finished the final episode now full disclosure I dozed during this episode. I didn’t find it as good as the rest up until this point I would’ve gave it a nine out of 10 the ending of the season, however, was weak.

Dynasty: The New England Patriots

8.5 / 10

I dont watch the NFL but know a bit about Brady/Belicheck/Patriots news stories.  I really enjoyed it.  These series styles docs are right up my alley.

Masters of the Air

8.5 / 10

BoB is still the standard bearer of American WWII series and similarly this show had a lot of interesting characters and info about what these people went through.  Apple TV is doing a good job.

• 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

Gave Fallout a try.

I know nothing about the video game.

After episode one I can't wait to continue.

I don’t know anything about the game either, binged it all though hope season two comes out sooner rather than later and is as good or better. 

• Like 1

On 4/14/2024 at 6:55 PM, Shift-4 said:

Gave Fallout a try.

I know nothing about the video game.

After episode one I can't wait to continue.

Loved it, not a video game guy either but Walton Goggins is great in this.

On 9/17/2023 at 9:09 AM, MeanSeanBean said:

Reservation Dogs

10/10 would highly recommend.

that is on my list. I was a big fan of Mohawk Girls and hoping for a similar vibe.

For me, I am 11 years late to the show, but It is Always Sunny in Philadelphia is a 'new one' to me.  Three episodes into season one and I can say if you liked Clerks from Kevin Smith all those years ago, Sunny in Philly has an incredibly similar vibe. Somewhat college like in its humour, with great writing and at times cringable awkward character situations, on purpose. I think it is worth checking out, and after 11 seasons, lots of folks must have liked it. 

15 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

that is on my list. I was a big fan of Mohawk Girls and hoping for a similar vibe.

For me, I am 11 years late to the show, but It is Always Sunny in Philadelphia is a 'new one' to me.  Three episodes into season one and I can say if you liked Clerks from Kevin Smith all those years ago, Sunny in Philly has an incredibly similar vibe. Somewhat college like in its humour, with great writing and at times cringable awkward character situations, on purpose. I think it is worth checking out, and after 11 seasons, lots of folks must have liked it. 

I've seen a pretty large chunk of it, definitely worth a watch. It's pretty incredible they made such a lovable cast when all the character are so unlikeable. 

Just watched the first episode of Fallout last night and was impressed. I think I'll enjoy that 

15 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Loved it, not a video game guy either but Walton Goggins is great in this.

I like the young lady playing Lucy too. Great character, great performance.

• Upvote 1
  • MillerTime 1

House of the Dragon Season 1

HotD Season 2 is coming out in June so I thought I'd re-watch Season 1.  Good thing, because I had forgotten much of what happened.

I enjoyed this second viewing more than the first.  I think, when I watched it two years ago, I was comparing it to Game of Thrones.  This time I could watch it as a stand alone series.  As such, it's good.  Plus, I was able to keep better track of who was who.

Looking forward to Season 2.

Just now, BarneyKook said:

Fallout - never played the game but they built a great world here. The actress who plays Lucy and the actor who plays the Ghoul  are great.

Cant wait for season 2

Really enjoyed it to. I really like Walton Goggins, he was great in Justified too.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Really enjoyed it to. I really like Walton Goggins, he was great in Justified too.

An actor that I dont know much about but is probably in a lot of different shows. I had recently seen him in Six, a series about a Seal team, and he was good in that as well.

• 2 weeks later...