[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Philadelphia Flyers, Rogers Arena, Dec 28, 7PM PST - the *snort* *wheeze* *too much turkey* LET'S PLUCK the FLYERS' Wings Game

Rocket-68

Santa is Bringing Late Presents  

90 members have voted

1. 1. There is one more trade on the immediate horizon, this is what PA / JR will do in January getting a jump on the TDL

• Fire the Angry Elf out of a cannon to clear cap space - (Author: my thought / not yours necessarily is Podz will be given a chance to bash and crash)
    • Are you high, Elf stays, now Kuzy will be showcased and will become a human cannon ball in January ... gotta give up to step up
    • Nothing, January will be for seeing if the club trajectory stays the course.
    • Sadly, with Carson Soucy coming back in a few weeks the cap casualty will be Ian Cole given others have really come into their own on D - (Author: this is a pipe dream I know)
    • None of the above, wow the egg nogg is really hitting you hard ... see my thoughts on the next 4 weeks in comments below.
  2. 2. in honor of AatuD2, select from below for Lotto Max Tickets. If we hit, all that voted here (in poll #2) will get stuffed into a box suite and receive massive check as a share of the prize. I have picked 4 numbers already. Will post ticket in PGT.

• Yes, exciting but I don't want to watch a Canucks game while you give me a check so I am out. Note: First time to make voters public for obvious reason.

10 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Where is the pop up pictures? I want the link im so bored Im watching Calgary and Seattle both lose

Calgary losing should be exciting, almost as much as the Oilers and Leafs playing each other and figuring out a way that both teams lose the game. 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Game Day Thread for today? Did I miss the game or something or are we just desperate for Canucks hockey? 

Lets Go Win GIF by Red Bull

Nope, tomorrow, hence the date in the thread ... back away from the turkey and egg nog.

GO CANUCK GO!

3 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Calgary losing should be exciting, almost as much as the Oilers and Leafs playing each other and figuring out a way that both teams lose the game. 

HEYYY pop up video links van vs philly..... thanks man great edit. The stories about Toronto and montreal and stuff just make me cringe a little. 

• Cheers 1

• Jess pinned and featured this topic
3 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Hopefully Konecny doesn't get us chasing our tails again. 

Nah. Zman showed Myers how to hit. We gonna smash these guys this time. If anyone hits Petey there is gonna be some game misconducts for sure and well worth it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

Game Day Thread for today? Did I miss the game or something or are we just desperate for Canucks hockey? 

Posted the following for clarity:

Mod Notes: 

For those making GDTs: Ideally, we like to have GDTs up and posted between 24 and 48 hours before the start of the game. Too early and it throws people off, but we want ample time before the game for members to discuss the game in advance of it.

Also, if no one signs up for a GDT and we're within 24 hours of the game without a GDT created, anyone should feel free to create the GDT, as long as it's got at least some basic info about the game.

Post-Game Thread (PGT)

Additionally, if you are creating the GDT, please also do your best to create the PGT as well. You can create the PGT as soon as the game ends. Avoid putting the score in the PGT thread title to avoid spoilers. PGTs are much simpler and ideally, simply place a link or an image of the boxscore in the first post, as well as a link to the highlights once they're available.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Goal_thecup said:

Posted the following for clarity:

Mod Notes: 

For those making GDTs: Ideally, we like to have GDTs up and posted between 24 and 48 hours before the start of the game. Too early and it throws people off, but we want ample time before the game for members to discuss the game in advance of it.

Also, if no one signs up for a GDT and we're within 24 hours of the game without a GDT created, anyone should feel free to create the GDT, as long as it's got at least some basic info about the game.

Post-Game Thread (PGT)

Additionally, if you are creating the GDT, please also do your best to create the PGT as well. You can create the PGT as soon as the game ends. Avoid putting the score in the PGT thread title to avoid spoilers. PGTs are much simpler and ideally, simply place a link or an image of the boxscore in the first post, as well as a link to the highlights once they're available.

And yes we are desperate for canucks hockey because Sweden did not play today. Tomorrow will be a good day.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Tusk said:

This is a dumb idea... dont we wanna play toronto in the playoffs? For the CUP?

I am quoting myself for a couple reasons. 

I love the Canucks.

But for the last 20 years or whatever I just want a Canadian team to win the cup. Especially after boston.

The thinig that pissed me off about the Bubble was it would never be a ALL CANADIAN FINAL.

I really hope this year Ottawa, Toronto or Montreal can do some crazy spring shit and get to the final so Canucks can beat the east!

• Cheers 1