Hughes-Hronek

Soucy-Myers

Cole-Zadorov

Juulsen

Demko

DeSmith

Just now, HKSR said:

Oh hells no.

One fell swoop and we lose all of our future.  No thanks.

True, but with one fell swoop, we’d have some really good players signed to our top 6 for the long term and could potentially be a serious threat for multiple years.  

Just now, Jeremy Hronek said:

True, but with one fell swoop, we’d have some really good players signed to our top 6 for the long term and could potentially be a serious threat for multiple years.  

Willander is a non-starter IMO.  Lekkerimaki maybe depending on what the return is.  Top tier RHD are WAY too difficult to acquire, so when you have a blue chip RHD prospect in the system, you hang on to them.

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 2

Our new Management would never throw away our future like this proposal would , so for that blessing let us all rejoice and thank our lucky stars that Mr Rutherford and Mr Alvin decided to come to Vancouver. 

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, THING said:

Our new Management would never throw away our future like this proposal would , so for that blessing let us all rejoice and thank our lucky stars that Mr Rutherford and Mr Alvin decided to come to Vancouver. 

For the record boys,

neither would I.  😛

I'm just taking the piss on a slow day trying to create discussion.  :-p.  

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

First of all, you just added 1.5 million cap that we dont have... are you planning the team doctors to put someone on LTIR? 

9 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

I would never feel good trading Willander and Lekkerimaki. Doesn't matter who it's for. Those two guys are the future.

I'd consider moving Lekkerimaki if it was for a blue chip centre of similar potential.  Like a Will Smith.  Although there really isn't a point in doing that for either team, so it wouldn't happen.

• Cheers 1

I'd do it. I don't see why they would? unless their just committed to being in a constant state of rebuild. That fanbase is thirsty its been a long drought. This would set them back when there is some light at the end of the tunnel. 

• Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Oh hells no.

One fell swoop and we lose all of our future.  No thanks.

I think with the age of this core If we really wanted to go all in this year and if we went deep in the playoffs. We could sell high on a piece or 2 at the draft to re stock the shelves while creating cap space. I do think we can have our cake and eat it too with both Brock and Kuzz as weapons if........ We replaced Mikheyev with a pwf.

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

WillaNader, Lekkerimaki, E. Petterson (dman), and Brustewicz (spelling) are the 4 prospects I would not be trading. Anyone else would be fair game for the right additions.

Agreed, unless we have a Cutter Gauthier situation, these guys are pretty much untouchables.

• Cheers 1

We'll have to pay an arm and leg for Tuch so I highly doubt they'd move for him (though if it was Kuzmenko + later 1st + non-blue chip 1st [if the Sabres would do that, not saying they would] I'd jump all over that).  Failing that, I'd throw a 3rd at Greenway (he's not even that good, but when he shows flashes of power forward play, he's pretty special; too bad those moments are few and far between; size does factor in greatly in the playoffs though).

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

To Buffalo:

-Andrei Kuzmenko ($5.5M @ 2 years)

-Ilya Mikheyev ($4.75M @ 3 years)

-Tom Willander

-Jonathan Lekkerimaki

-2024 1st

Incoming cap = $10.25M

To Vancouver: 

-Alex Tuch ($4.75M @ 3 years)

-Dylan Cozens ($7.1M @ 7 years)

Income cap = $11.85M

New look Canucks:

Pettersson-Miller-Boeser

Suter-Cozens-Tuch

Joshua-Bluegar-Garland

Hoglander-Aman-Lafferty

PDG

Hughes-Hronek

Soucy-Myers

Cole-Zadorov

Juulsen

Demko

DeSmith

No

As much as I would love Cozens to come play in BC (he is a hometown boy from Yukon, same as me) and the fact that he is cost controlled for 7 years i great, there is too much being given up here.

Kuzmenko has more goals than Cozens this year.

Mik's stats are very similar to Tuch this year

Remove Lekkerimaki and I would do that deal.

• Cheers 1

Absolutely not. We're going to be depending on guys like Willander and Lekkerimaki contributing while on entry level deals while we're dealing with the OEL buyout and paying Pettersson whatever ungodly amount of money he ends up signing for. 

• Cheers 1

I doubt Allvin does this as Lekkerimäki was his initial 1st round draft and Willander was his last 1st round draft. Then add next year's 1st round draft? Steep. 

Don't we want to compete year after year and not blow our load on one shot?

I'm sure there are other targets which won't deplete our future in one trade.

• Cheers 1