Pius Suter | #24 | C

Rubik

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

The sooner he's back, the better.  It'll do wonders for the PK and bottom 6.  He's also really good on the dot.

Aman is fine but he has no production.

It sounds like he'll be back after the Christmas break at the latest (2 weeks, yikes)

• Upvote 1

On 12/8/2023 at 6:35 PM, Crabcakes said:

The sooner he's back, the better.  It'll do wonders for the PK and bottom 6.  He's also really good on the dot.

Aman is fine but he has no production.

It sounds like he'll be back after the Christmas break at the latest (2 weeks, yikes)

Would Äman move to the wing? Suter would line up between Garland and Joshua before the injury right? 

And Blueger would move down to 4C?

• Like 1

On 12/10/2023 at 12:02 AM, N4ZZY said:

Would Äman move to the wing? Suter would line up between Garland and Joshua before the injury right? 

And Blueger would move down to 4C?

I would think you leave the Joshua-Blueger-Garland line together for now; they have shown chemistry. Let Suter regain his feet on the 4th...which isn't a joke either; currently PDG/Aman and Kuz.

I'd be calling up Podz right now; give him a chance to split time with Hogs on 2/4 line. 2021 version is EXACTLY what the team needs right now

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

I would think you leave the Joshua-Blueger-Garland line together for now; they have shown chemistry. Let Suter regain his feet on the 4th...which isn't a joke either; currently PDG/Aman and Kuz.

I'd be calling up Podz right now; give him a chance to split time with Hogs on 2/4 line. 2021 version is EXACTLY what the team needs right now

Joshua  Suter   Garland were doing well, Joshua was having a hard time turning their efforts into goals.  It took Blueger four or five games to adequately replace Suter on that line, but yeah they are clicking now so they can try Suter in a different spot, maybe on the wing with EP40 ?  

6 hours ago, Future Considerations said:

Joshua  Suter   Garland were doing well, Joshua was having a hard time turning their efforts into goals.  It took Blueger four or five games to adequately replace Suter on that line, but yeah they are clicking now so they can try Suter in a different spot, maybe on the wing with EP40 ?  

Why experiment?Suter third line center,Blueger 4th.Strong 2 bottom lines

• Cheers 1

On 12/11/2023 at 3:10 PM, BC_Hawk said:

As much as I'd love to see Podz I... He needs to dominate in Abby... He's still working his way back after injury.  But even more then that, once suter's back we have a full line-up.  Aman will be sitting but can't be sent down because of waivers.  Suter will probably start on the 4th line between PDG and Kuzy.  #1Pk with Bluegar.

If we can stay healthy for a period, our bottom 6 may be top 5 in the league.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a neat little tidbit:

First nine games of the year all in October: no points. minus2 on the plusminus

the 14 games since then: Nov 2nd till Jan 2nd: 8 goals, 3 assists for 11 points and plus 15 on the plusminus.

AND he was off the ice from Nov 12th till Dec 14th in the middle of that span of great games! Unsung Hero?

Quietly scoring at a what, 28 goal 40 point pace which is especially impressive after an injury and kind of slow start. I wanted Suter as our 3C early on in the off-season so was a bit disappointed when we got Blueger but good to see we got two of the best defensive centers in the off-season, and now their offence is paying off too.

• Cheers 1

• 2 months later...

Suter up to 241st in all-time Canuck scoring with his 2 points tonight.

240  Lonny Bohonos RW 70 13 13 26
241 Pius Suter C 52 13 13 26
242  Dale Weise RW 152 10 16 26
243 Claire Alexander D 32 8 18 26
244  Michael Del Zotto D 105 7 19 26
245  Doug Wickenheiser C 80 7 19 26
246  Jay Beagle C 142 6 20 26
247  Gerry Meehan C 57 10 15 25
248  Scott Lachance D 157 4 21 25

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Suter up to 241st in all-time Canuck scoring with his 2 points tonight.

240  Lonny Bohonos RW 70 13 13 26
241 Pius Suter C 52 13 13 26
242  Dale Weise RW 152 10 16 26
243 Claire Alexander D 32 8 18 26
244  Michael Del Zotto D 105 7 19 26
245  Doug Wickenheiser C 80 7 19 26
246  Jay Beagle C 142 6 20 26
247  Gerry Meehan C 57 10 15 25
248  Scott Lachance D 157 4 21 25

Only the Milkman with a better points per game in that group (for those of you old enough to have any idea what that means!😁)

• 2 weeks later...

Met Pius Suter at his signing today. He was very late, but chatted all things Canucks with others in line, helped pass the time. Dave Babych showed up before Suter got there and chatted with everyone, signed stuff, took pictures. Can sense the excitement with this team down the stretch heading into the playoffs. 

• Cheers 1

• 3 weeks later...