Upgrade on Front End

With the Rumors of Guentzel - it leads me to believe the acquisition cost is too high- especially given that it may cost Kuzemnko, 1st, and prospect/ Hoglander while we may need this it can leave a deficit on our front end/ future.

Benefit is having not to rely on the lotto line.

However, there are some Centres that could fill in as 2C and not cost as much as Guentzel.

---

Sean Monahan- on a cheap contract- on pace for 50 pts on a MTL team 

Shane Pinto- young prospect-about to make a comeback assuming he gets resigned- he's been practicing with fellow team mates

Adam Henrique- like Monahan - almost at the peak of his career on a poor team atm- on pace for 45 pts. 

-- These 3 players will cost less then a Guentzel like player- Monahan is my favorite atm as he will cost less than 2M- and if we want to resign wouldnt cost a pretty penny.

1 hour ago, PunjabiCanucks23 said:

With the Rumors of Guentzel - it leads me to believe the acquisition cost is too high- especially given that it may cost Kuzemnko, 1st, and prospect/ Hoglander while we may need this it can leave a deficit on our front end/ future.

However, there are some Centres that could fill in as 2C and not cost as much as Guentzel.

---

Shane Pinto- young prospect-about to make a comeback assuming he gets resigned- he's been practicing with fellow team mates

Adam Henrique- like Monahan - almost at the peak of his career on a poor team atm- on pace for 45 pts. 

-- These 3 players will cost less then a Guentzel like player- Monahan is my favorite atm as he will cost less than 2M- and if we want to resign wouldnt cost a pretty penny.

Monahan is dirt cheap which means he will cost more.  You could even ask MTL to use its last retention slot and you get a legit middle six centre for $1 million.

How is that going to be much cheaper than Jake Guentzel?  None of these players you've mentioned are going to come cheap.

• Confused 1

I love the idea of adding Pinto. He would be a great addition and a longterm fit. He'll fit under the cap (qualifying offer) this year. Ottawa doesn't have a 1st round pick this year. I think this makes senses for both teams.

Edited by fuzzy
Grammar

3 hours ago, PunjabiCanucks23 said:

---

I would give up a significant amount for Joel Eriksson Ek.  

-Excellent long term cap hit

-Can be a long term core player

-Can help us greatly on the PK.   

-Can fill in on the top line if one of the Big 3 got injured.  

Kuzmenko++ for Eriksson Ek

Pettersson-Miller-Boeser

Suter-Eriksson Ek-Mikheyev [shut down line]

Joshua-Bluegar-Garland

Hoglander-Aman-Lafferty

Edited by Jeremy Hronek

1 hour ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

I would give up a significant amount for Joel Eriksson Ek.  

-Excellent long term cap hit

-Can be a long term core player

-Can help us greatly on the PK.   

-Can fill in on the top line if one of the Big 3 got injured.  

Kuzmenko++ for Eriksson Ek

Pettersson-Miller-Boeser

Suter-Eriksson Ek-Mikheyev [shut down line]

Joshua-Bluegar-Garland

Hoglander-Aman-Lafferty

Ryan Hartman might be a good cheaper option. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, HKSR said:

Yup, Eriksson Ek is one of the guys I'd give up Lekkerimaki for.

I doubt they would though, he should be their big, tough-minutes two-way C (Hartman's not really a #1, and Rossi probably is more of an offensive C than all-around guy).  They're also good for wings, so JL probably doesn't interest them much, but if JEE is available, I'd say yes to move JL.