[Report] Cody Hodgson attempting a comeback.

Crazy. And yeah, he really was effective when he was here. I remember he was largely invisible in Buffalo and Nashville. Hell, my best memory of his time here was that goal he scored in Boston in 2012.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Elliotte Friedman on HNIC just announced Cody Hodgson is attempting a comeback to the game after being cleared with a clean bill of health after suffering from a heart condition that led to his retirement.

I will post link when its released.

Always liked Cody. His degenerative muscle disease sure messed up his career. I remember AV saying “there’s no pop in his legs”. We didn’t know why. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

He's almost 34 years old now. There's almost 0 chance he makes the NHL, but maybe he could play in the ECHL or AHL or even in Europe if he wants. Not a bad way to end off the career.

Holy crap... where has all the time gone??  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Holy crap... where has all the time gone??  

His career was cut short at 25/26.  He did some coaching for kids programs for the Preds right when it ended for him.

He may want to look towards Europe or AHL/ECHL tryout.

Friedman revealed that after receiving a clean bill of health last summer, Hodgson has been skating and training five to six times a week with the hopes of rekindling his hockey career

He's putting in work. I hope he's able to get back on the ice as a player in some capacity. The way his career was cut short so early was brutal. He seems pretty passionate about hockey too. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

His career was cut short at 25/26.  He did some coaching for kids programs for the Preds right when it ended for him.

He may want to look towards Europe or AHL/ECHL tryout.

He's putting in work. I hope he's able to get back on the ice as a player in some capacity. The way his career was cut short so early was brutal. He seems pretty passionate about hockey too. 

I'm just shocked he is in his mid 30s already.  

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Elliotte Friedman on HNIC just announced Cody Hodgson is attempting a comeback to the game after being cleared with a clean bill of health after suffering from a heart condition that led to his retirement.

I will post link when its released.

Canucks legend ? 

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

We drafted him in 08. 

Same draft that had Doughty, Stamkos, Pietrangelo, Karlsson, L.Schenn, Josi, Markstrom, Holtby, among others

Yeah, just crazy how time has gone by.