Let's Make One Thing Clear! (Which Jersey?)

If you had it your way, Which Jersey would you like our beloved Canucks wearing as a regular for the foreseeable future and why?

As for me, Bure was amazing and got me in to hockey...and these updated jerseys look sick!

skatejersey-transformed.thumb.png.4bee5b00717577487acf0f55dd4a6b49.png

Edited by Canuck You
  • Like 4

Make one thing clear?- Never going to happen on a discussion forum😁

Winning the cup with the Original clean jersey would be cool, and use the black skate often as 2nd jerseys (and never change, Van must have more jerseys by far than anyone)

Edited by Ballisticsports
  • Like 1

Current blue. I don't get the big deal with the flying skate. There's some nostalgia there, but objectively they are among the ugliest jerseys in the history of pro sports. Orange and yellow is just a gross color combo unless it's Halloween, and the logo really does look like a plate of spaghetti.

The current Royal Blue is gorgeous.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I do love the look of the black skate uniforms, but will we see much of those again this season? Aqua like to try and cash in with those before Christmas. This could be why they don't return as the regular uniform. There's something extra special about it when it's a limited time offer. I would have loved to see the road white skate uniforms as well.

My guess is the Canucks stick with the current Orca blue/green, and we'll see much more of those black skate uniforms again next October, leading up to Christmas.

One thing I really like about the Blue/Green colour scheme, is that no other team has this. And it's pretty sharp.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

The Orca Blue'n'Green will stay for this version of our Canucks. The throwback skate jerseys be a novelty at best. I like 'em for sure. I've experienced all versions since 1970.

The current core grew with this team in the blue/green Orca motif. I'm sure they look at the throwback jerseys as a novelty as well. 

I will say though that the skate jerseys really pop on the TV! And though the logo for the Blue/Green jersey is an orca, it kinda' harkens to the first edition jersey, stick in rink colour motif of blue/green. It's the cycle of fashion. 

They have a choice of what jersey they want to use for playoffs. But it can only be one - they can’t go back and forth, and it has to be for their entire playoffs. I’d LOVE if they chose the skate. The players want it more (and consequently play in it better… it’s Petey’s favourite), coach says they look bigger and more intimidating in it, more fans want it… hopefully management makes the right call on it this post season. Besides, I’d prefer the playoff team more reminiscent of 1994 than 2011.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I have to say it's a relief to see I'm not the only one that loves the Blue/Green/White.

I love black. But the downhill skate just is bad symbolism, and too many bad Memories of the team prior to Quinn, and the Linden, Bure era.

Truth be told I loved the 94' team because of the players, despite of, not because of the Jersey. My small jersey collection is either Stick In Rink, or Recent Orca.

• Cheers 3