The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

16 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Even prior to the new American aid package the AFU have been attacking Crimea on a constant basis. Now with the aid in place they seem to be adding to it. It makes me wonder if the next offensive comes from the south, Kherson?  If Ukraine could retake Crimea it would change the strategic positioning of Russia. 

especially with this movement happening,.

nothing should be left of RuZ Navy on the Black Sea ..

send those Sea Baby Drones to intercept this as soon as they enter ..

27 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Seems in War against the U.S. ..   you pay for “talking shit” ..

This is how the entire World needs to react to RuZ.     Shut them up .. and shut them down.

Sam I still stand by my suggestion that the west has to issue a 'cease and desist' notice to the Russians. Get out of Ukraine by June 1st or NATO starts moving assets towards Ukraine. No Russian evacuation by June 15th then NATO starts moving assets inside Ukraine. No action by June 30th and NATO assets start engaging the Russians. Lots of open dialogue with the Russians as this timeline is implemented. The fact that this has not happened to date must make the Ukrainians question the motives of their allies. 

• Cheers 1

55 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Sam I still stand by my suggestion that the west has to issue a 'cease and desist' notice to the Russians. Get out of Ukraine by June 1st or NATO starts moving assets towards Ukraine. No Russian evacuation by June 15th then NATO starts moving assets inside Ukraine. No action by June 30th and NATO assets start engaging the Russians. Lots of open dialogue with the Russians as this timeline is implemented. The fact that this has not happened to date must make the Ukrainians question the motives of their allies. 

I TOTALLY AGREE Bouds ,

Carpet Bomp the border and create a new trench that will carry water,

then churn and til the fertile land with Orcs inside on the UKraine side.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Starting nearly a year ago; essentially since Republicans started posturing to divert or resist aid in the US. ie, cough, the World started to sense fear in Trumps suggestion to sever or reduce ties to NATO. And there were some polls saying he had more chance than hoped for?

Many countries have been heavily fortifying the Eastern front.  Even the US under Biden. Putin of course said assembling troops would be seen as an act of war; Medvedev threatened Nukes.  For better or worse, I personally don't envision direct involvement or deployment.  

As a Ukrainian by heritage it disappoints me, as has the lingering war, staggered support.  

It would be nice, but I don't expect it.

What I might expect is a much bigger green light to attack behind enemy lines, in Russia. By more strategic weapons, specifically F-15's and I wish for bombers & missiles.

Take out the territory behind Volchansk, perhaps Belgorod and trap the bastard hordes. Cut the Crimean bridge and start moving through Crimea. Negotiate a settlement.

I think taking Crimea, the land bridge and ideally Mariupol may be the best outcome we could hope for.

Not sure the bulk of Donetsk & Luhansk is possible if Russia will sacrifice one or two million soldiers.  

This is not my actual wish, perhaps I am just beaten down by the length of the war so far.

• Cheers 2

15 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Starting nearly a year ago; essentially since Republicans started posturing to divert or resist aid in the US. ie, cough, the World started to sense fear in Trumps suggestion to sever or reduce ties to NATO. And there were some polls saying he had more chance than hoped for?

Many countries have been heavily fortifying the Eastern front.  Even the US under Biden. Putin of course said assembling troops would be seen as an act of war; Medvedev threatened Nukes.  For better or worse, I personally don't envision direct involvement or deployment.  

As a Ukrainian by heritage it disappoints me, as has the lingering war, staggered support.  

It would be nice, but I don't expect it.

What I might expect is a much bigger green light to attack behind enemy lines, in Russia. By more strategic weapons, specifically F-15's and I wish for bombers & missiles.

Take out the territory behind Volchansk, perhaps Belgorod and trap the bastard hordes. Cut the Crimean bridge and start moving through Crimea. Negotiate a settlement.

I think taking Crimea, the land bridge and ideally Mariupol may be the best outcome we could hope for.

Not sure the bulk of Donetsk & Luhansk is possible if Russia will sacrifice one or two million soldiers.  

This is not my actual wish, perhaps I am just beaten down by the length of the war so far.

I have no conviction that the Russian nuke threat is real. It has been their fallback position for decades. Would they risk nuclear war over Ukraine? Easy to speculate. What we know on the ground is that the Russian ground forces do not perform well against a well armed AFU. That said it has to be expected that they will improve their army. 

If Ukraine can be rearmed well enough to recapture Crimea where does that leave Russia strategically? Would they accept Donetsk and Luhansk and write off Crimea? Would losing Crimea destabilize the Putin government? Would Ukraine accept losing those 2 provinces. IMHO Ukraine realizes any settlement without recovering their full territory will likely be temperary as Putin rebuilds to strike another day. Whatever the settlement would Ukraine gain entry to the EU and NATO. How could they settle for anything less? Ukraine survives this Russian aggression and what do all the other Russian territories think? We are already seeing unrest and even insurrection out towards Georgia and on. 

I think it comes down to the fighting effectiveness of the AFU once they are resupplied. Will they be able to conduct an successful offensive this summer? It appears likely that Trump will return as POTUS. What will his attitude be? He represents a sizable portion of the American public who think Europe should be funding the war much more than they do. That said America and Europe are spending more on their munitions production. Europe is already assuming more of the costs. Does a successful outcome by Ukraine mean a regime change in Moscow?  

• Cheers 1
  • chaos 1

37 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

On 5/18/2024 at 10:38 AM, SilentSam said:

especially with this movement happening,.

nothing should be left of RuZ Navy on the Black Sea ..

send those Sea Baby Drones to intercept this as soon as they enter ..

Let's go baby!!!!

Come on Ukraine 

• Like 1