The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

32 minutes ago, BirdForce said:

I've got lots already lol. I'll get use to it again.

There’s a thread in the Welcome Page that lets you save this thread like an App. 

——————————————

Hello friends,

If you're like me, you use your smartphone to check CDC religiously each day for the fan forum. As there isn't a forum app, years ago I found a way to create my own... sort of. This is for those of you who don't know but will appreciate this neat little trick:

Download 'Website Shortcut' from your app store (I use an android, and it looks like this the attached example). 

I then put in the new forum website address www.forumcanucks.com

I chose a logo (I went with the stick in rink, although I dwitch it up from time to time), and voila - it looks and feels like a forum app!

I hope this helps improve at least some fans' experience with the forum 🍻

• Cheers 2

8 hours ago, Rook said:

Aaahh I ge that!! Still waiting to hear my first Per other than my father!! The way to pronounce it is more like Pear.. but the Canadians butchered it to be like.. per vert lol

Well actually Rook, there have been at least 2 NHL'ers with the name Per, one of whom was a Canuck!  Hint: he played for them the first time they went to the Finals.   Can anyone else name them before I do (without Googling)??🙂

Edited by CaptainCanuck12
  • Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, CaptainCanuck12 said:

Well actually Rook, there have been at least 2 NHL'ers with the name Per, one of whom was a Canuck!  Hint: he played for them the first time they went to the Finals.   Can anyone else name them before I do??🙂

I found 4

Yes I googled

Edited by Playoff Beered
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

There’s a thread in the Welcome Page that lets you save this thread like an App. 

——————————————

Hello friends,

If you're like me, you use your smartphone to check CDC religiously each day for the fan forum. As there isn't a forum app, years ago I found a way to create my own... sort of. This is for those of you who don't know but will appreciate this neat little trick:

Download 'Website Shortcut' from your app store (I use an android, and it looks like this the attached example). 

I then put in the new forum website address www.forumcanucks.com

I chose a logo (I went with the stick in rink, although I dwitch it up from time to time), and voila - it looks and feels like a forum app!

I hope this helps improve at least some fans' experience with the forum 🍻

I have an even simpler way, just add this link to your home screen

• Vintage 1

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

I have an even simpler way. 

Don’t ever close this thread. 

Be here with me forever and ever and ever.  

I didn't mean to be a smart arse, just thought that being a dumbass with computin stuff, others would like to know a way a simpleton like me could work out. 

And yes you and your beautiful girl are forever in my heart.

2 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

I didn't mean to be a smart arse, just thought that being a dumbass with computin stuff, others would like to know a way a simpleton like me could work out. 

And yes you and your beautiful girl are forever in my heart.

I was going for more of a facetious The Shining vibe.

You’re all good though Dave. 

Cheers. 

• Huggy Bear 1

21 hours ago, Boudria said:

Nice to see some familiar names. I have pretty much quit the Canucks site. Didn't like being played and that is what was happening. 

I get my Canuck news from Canuck Army.

Still following the Ukraine war very closely on Warthog and Denys sites. I am hoping the UAF can breakout towards Tokmak within the next two weeks. I still think there is much closer co-operation between NATO brass and the UAF than we know.  

Welcome back Bouds. Missed your input on many of the forums this past while.

7 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

I have an even simpler way. 

Don’t ever close this thread. 

Be here with me forever and ever and ever.  

meh, whats another 20 years between friends...

I have stayed out of this thread on purpose on the original CDC, but I think I will follow it here on the Unofficial. 

Found this link to my career, retired now, but I have a pretty good handle on global affairs thanks to the training and work experience.

https://fb.watch/n6TO0drk6W/

Edited by Optimist Prime
  • Like 2

Thanks for keeping this thread active, and for all of your contributions over the past year and a half, Sharpshooter.

Thank you to Sam, Beerdy, Canuck Surfer, Roman, Honky, Ilunga, Marauder, Kootenay, Warhippy, and all of the other

regular posters. I have been reading your comments, updates, and opinions nearly every day for the past 19 months.

Your time and efforts are much appreciated. Slava Ukraini!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1