[Proposal] Blockbuster that Includes Lekkerimaki

To VAN:

Clayton Keller (ARZ retains $750k for remainder of his deal)

To ARZ:

Kuzmenko

Lekkerimaki

1st Round Pick

Immensely talented, immensely skilled, and immensely fast.  Keller is coming off a 37 goal 86 point season and on pace for 35 goals and 77 points this season.  At only 24 years old, he fits the age timeline for the rest of our core.  Cost controlled until 2027-28 at a total $6.4M cap hit (ARZ retaining $750k).  This is almost guaranteed to be a value contract moving forward.  The cost is very high, but very much worth it. 

Yes, this is unlikely, but I'm bored at work... so blah...

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, HKSR said:

To VAN:

To ARZ:

Kuzmenko

Lekkerimaki

1st Round Pick

Immensely talented, immensely skilled, and immensely fast.  Keller is coming off a 37 goal 86 point season and on pace for 35 goals and 77 points this season.  At only 24 years old, he fits the age timeline for the rest of our core.  Cost controlled until 2027-28 at a total $6.4M cap hit (ARZ retaining $750k).  This is almost guaranteed to be a value contract moving forward.  The cost is very high, but very much worth it. 

Yes, this is unlikely, but I'm bored at work... so blah...

I would def do this, young star C would be amazing for us 

allows Miller to have less pressure on him as he ages. If Petey plays too much hard ball can trade him and then we have our new 1C

To me, it seems a bit steep for a small top 6 winger. Keller will probably score 39 goals this year, though. (like Kuzy last year) 

Yes, Kuzmenko is having a bad year, but I believe it's a transformative year for him as a player. He's learning how to play a more responsible game on the fly, with limited ice time. Once he gets it, he could be dynamite again. He's already showing glimpses and gaining his confidence back.

I would probably prefer they trade for Guentzel, if trading for a winger.

Kuzmenko - Pettersson - Guentzel

Mikheyev - Miller - Boeser

Unfortunately, Hogz+ could be the one traded. I don't see Allvin letting go of Lekkerimaki or Willander, or tarnishing his relationship with Millstein.

Edited by Nucker67

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

To VAN:

To ARZ:

Kuzmenko

Lekkerimaki

1st Round Pick

Yeah sure I'd do this deal. Not sure if Arizona would or not. They are getting a good haul back, but this year they look to be battling for a wild card spot at the moment with all their young guys and moving one of their main guys for this not only says still rebuilding, but also there isn't faith in what is there now (which may be warranted I don't follow them closely).  

For Van though as you said we move Kuz who is still figuring it out for a great player at a good cap hit and we lose futures, but the guys here don't care about that. 

lol arizona hangs up the phone.. why would they trade their best ppg player/potential captain on a capfriendly deal in the middle of a playoff push? lekkerimaki is good.. the 1st rounder will be in the 24-32 which doesn't have much value and kuzmenko will only be there for 1 year at most.. if keller was 27-28 they might.. he's only 25.. 0 chance arizona trades him let alone retain on him.. kuzmenko value even if you overvalue him right now is like a 2nd.. a 1st 2nd and lekkerimaki for keller?? massive L for arizona

13 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol arizona hangs up the phone.. why would they trade their best ppg player/potential captain on a capfriendly deal in the middle of a playoff push? lekkerimaki is good.. the 1st rounder will be in the 24-32 which doesn't have much value and kuzmenko will only be there for 1 year at most.. if keller was 27-28 they might.. he's only 25.. 0 chance arizona trades him let alone retain on him.. kuzmenko value even if you overvalue him right now is like a 2nd.. a 1st 2nd and lekkerimaki for keller?? massive L for arizona

Keller is a puck sucker. There is zero chance we want that guy. 

Save the bullets for an actual center! Keller is listed as one but he doesn’t take any FO’s and on the lineup card slots in at RW. If you’re going to spend those premium trade chips target an actual center like Eriksson Ek, Mittlestadt, Tommy Novak or Jenner. All those guys would be great additions to take on the 2C role.

I'm at a loss to why Arizona would do this.  Plus you want them to retain a tiny amount for 5 years? Retention slots are valuable and it makes zero sense to ask them to retain less than a million for 5 years.