[Waivers] BONINO, BONINO, BONINO

Not gonna lie, I totally lost track of what team he was on lol... 

I lost a ton of respect for him when he faked being high sticked in the playoffs while he was on the Penguins playing the Caps. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I was about to ask "aren't waivers normally posted by 11 in the morning?"

and then I remembered, "you dunce, they're 3 timezones away, 11 our time is 2 their time" :picard:

It's silly really, time isn't even real, we made it all up

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Grandmaster said:

After seeing those numbers, sure but only for the PK. He can help the stick boy rest of the game. 

We already have like 6 decent PKers and 4 really good PKers.  And most of them aren't black holes offensively.

A 35-year-old Bonino's being waived, meaning New York doesn't want or need him on the team anymore. He has the worst +/- on the top team in the Metro division. He last played with us almost 10 years ago.

Thinking he'd be of use to us anymore is nothing short of delusional. I'd be a little concerned if we picked him up at this point even.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1

The thread title made me laugh. Nice job Coconuts.

Wait... your name is plural. Never really thought about that before. So does that mean there's more than one of you? Or you're some kind of Borg-like collective of sentient Palm nuts??

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

40 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

We already have like 6 decent PKers and 4 really good PKers.  And most of them aren't black holes offensively.

Not saying we need BONINO, but if what you said was true, we wouldn’t have a PK in the bottom half of the league. 

3 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Not saying we need BONINO, but if what you said was true, we wouldn’t have a PK in the bottom half of the league. 

That's wrong.  We are 14th in the league @ 80.3%.  87.9% in our last 10 games.

• Like 1

If he clears, I wouldn't mind making a minor move to acquire him as depth going into the playoffs. 

Have him as a 13th/14th forward would be great to have especially if we run into injuries down the stretch drive. I love Raty and Sasson, but they ain't ready for primetime minutes and Dries is meh.

I'm always game for adding cagey veterans to be extra depth. He is a dependable 4th liner now, and knows JR and Tocchet very well. I think he would adjust quite quickly to our system.

Bonino is a bit like Brendan Gaunce. Very strong defensive player, but no offense at all.

I'd be interested perhaps actually. Might be an upgrade over Aman for 4C, though would be less to offer offensively.