(discussion) Man or Machine...??? Eric lindros throws a man 10 feet into the boards...

other notable times 1:43, 4:14, 7:36, 8:00,9:13,10:30,11:04,13:07,13:45 (look at those 2 other players Jaromir Jagr,Dominik Hasek two top ten players of all time IMO Hasek is the goat)

14:54,15:34,17:13,18:24

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Great video. Thanks for posting. I loved watching big E play back in those days. One of my favorite players. You can see why Scott Steven's targeted him with the big hit hat started the end of his career. Those two guys went at each other evertime they were on the the ice together. Great rivalry

The video also shows how much more violent the game was back then. Cheap shots were common place. Would make most current nhlers wet themselves

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

22 minutes ago, Darius said:

Imagine trying to stop him today with the no clutch and grab rules.  Its too bad he suffered those concussions. 

its bitter sweet for me... for him i feel... But the reason he was so dominant was because he played fearless, Cant have his Dominance without the Concussions...

• Vintage 1

I know I romanticize about the good old days because of my age, and maybe I over- magnify how good some of the 80s and 90s stars were in my mind, but to me Pavel in todays game - prancing around untouched- looks like McDavid.  Selanne too.

Spot right on... i made the same comment above...

Granted goalies in the early 90s were not as good (im just guessing) but the league wasnt far off in the late 90s when it comes to goaltending (guessing again).

In the ealy 90's we had the same goaltenders from the late 90's... the only difference was the Goalie Coaches and the vast improvements to the hybrid and butterfly stances and of course the massive Goaltender pads...

4 minutes ago, Darius said:

Patrick Roy Game Used Pads Set Lefebvre Ferland Brian's 1990-91 Comple – Goalie Mask CollectorLot Detail - Patrick Roy's 1995-96 Colorado Avalanche Game-Worn Koho Revolution Goalie Pads ...

Trading Cards Sport Trading Cards 2000-01 Vanguard High Voltage #5 Dominik Hasek Eishockey Killorn scores twice, Lightning come back to beat Sabres 6-4

Here is a picture of early Patrick Roy and Late Patrick Roy... and dominik Hasek who didnt need any of that especially the stick 😉 (Hasek rule change changed him a bit) AV pictured as well beside hasek because the pads got smaller but the chest protectors did not LOL...

Imagine 6'4" 230-240 Lbs Lindros on the rush today. Nobody trying to take his head off, cant water ski off of him with interference...he would be a dominant train.

The only thing that could stop him was the big beasts coming into the league, when THE OWNERS DECIDED to ruin the game and elimnate the skilled small players and bring in the Cheap big monsters to play 'Defense'

Big D-man Hal Gill Retires

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, MidKnight Ego said:

i guess, it would remind me of stopping mcdavid... Lindros was something else...

Bure is pretty much what you get if you combine McDavid's speed and stickhandling ability with Ovechkin's shot.

People forget Bure had a 100mph slap shot, which is why he played the point on the power play and scored on it regularly.

Bure in today's league would likely break 75 goals in a season.

Man a lot of those hits and dirty moves (headshots, slew foot, charging, both feet off the ice, crosschecking, etc..) would not fly in this current nhl, he will be racking up so many fines and suspensions…

@MidKnight Ego

I didn't notice this before...and it's totally off topic (apologies), but your SIG line on the bottom "Predictions"...I am assuming it's a tongue-in-cheek prediction? A bit of humor at the expense of whoever it was in the Vancouver organization that suggested Quinn move up to play Center? If so, well played sir...well played. 😆

14 hours ago, ABNuck said:

@MidKnight Ego

I didn't notice this before...and it's totally off topic (apologies), but your SIG line on the bottom "Predictions"...I am assuming it's a tongue-in-cheek prediction? A bit of humor at the expense of whoever it was in the Vancouver organization that suggested Quinn move up to play Center? If so, well played sir...well played. 😆

Those were preseason predictions… after hearing he was working on his shot

On 1/31/2024 at 1:20 PM, Darius said:

Definitely.  No clutch and grab, no center ice off side, and no opposing goons trying to kill you.

I know I romanticize about the good old days because of my age, and maybe I over- magnify how good some of the 80s and 90s stars were in my mind, but to me Pavel in todays game - prancing around untouched- looks like McDavid.  Selanne too.  Guy got 76 goals as a rookie.  Granted goalies in the early 90s were not as good (im just guessing) but the league wasnt far off in the late 90s when it comes to goaltending (guessing again).

Imagine 6'4" 230-240 Lbs Lindros on the rush today. Nobody trying to take his head off, cant water ski off of him with interference...he would be a dominant train.

The Big E would be crush popping D on the forecheck. 

• Cheers 1

On 1/31/2024 at 1:20 PM, Darius said:

Definitely.  No clutch and grab, no center ice off side, and no opposing goons trying to kill you.

I know I romanticize about the good old days because of my age, and maybe I over- magnify how good some of the 80s and 90s stars were in my mind, but to me Pavel in todays game - prancing around untouched- looks like McDavid.  Selanne too.  Guy got 76 goals as a rookie.  Granted goalies in the early 90s were not as good (im just guessing) but the league wasnt far off in the late 90s when it comes to goaltending (guessing again).

Pavel would've decked Marchand first chance he got if he tried anything against him. 

• Like 1