Crazy P - love him or hate him?

Crazy P - love or hate?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Crazy P - love or hate?

• Love - keep the drum beating!
    • Hate - Shut yur trap and sit down!

For those who have been to a Canucks game, you'll likely have witnessed Crazy P making his way through each section of the arena, generating some noise. Some love him, some aren’t fans. 
I have to say, I’m a fan of Crazy P, and at the most recent comeback game against the Bluejackets, he definitely had the crowd going.

What are your thoughts on Crazy P?

Edited by Slegr

1 hour ago, Slegr said:

For those who have been to a Canucks game, you'll likely have witnessed Crazy P making his way through each section of the arena, generating some noise. Some love him, some aren’t fans. 
I have to say, I’m a fan of Crazy P, and at the most recent comeback game against the Bluejackets, he definitely had the crowd going.

What are your thoughts on Crazy P?

Anyone that can get the fans going in a positive way is good in my books. 👍 

• Upvote 2

I personally don't care for fabricated hype, but don't mind that others get excited by it.

I'll yell and be loud based on the hockey that's going on, not the "show" around the hockey game.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gwarrior said:

Did he also attend Lions games, either currently or back in the day? And Giants games? Think I know who we are talking about, just want to make sure.

Yeah, he did Lions games in the past. It’s this guy:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Can't stand him

Big fan of Ozzy but him and every other musician who screams at the crowd demanding they clap their hands, get up, make some noise or whatever the hell else they need us to do to convince them they're doing a good job have got it bass ackwards. Kick our asses with your music and we'll do all that shit on our own.

Same for Crazy P. I'll react to the game and when I'm enjoying my relatively expensive seat and the entertainment on the ice, the last thing I need is some clown giving me orders on how to behave, screaming and yelling when I wanna hear the on ice action and the rest of the fans. The guy thinks the show is about HIM. Take a seat man

Please make this thread a poll

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Steamer4GM said:

Can't stand him

Big fan of Ozzy but him and every other musician who screams at the crowd demanding they clap their hands, get up, make some noise or whatever the hell else they need us to do to convince them they're doing a good job have got it bass ackwards. Kick our asses with your music and we'll do all that shit on our own.

Same for Crazy P. I'll react to the game and when I'm enjoying my relatively expensive seat and the entertainment on the ice, the last thing I need is some clown giving me orders on how to behave, screaming and yelling when I wanna hear the on ice action and the rest of the fans. The guy thinks the show is about HIM. Take a seat man

Please make this thread a poll

Poll is now in place!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

He is a rip off of Crazy George from the lions games back in the day.  
He is ok I guess.   A bit annoying, but he isn’t hurting the vibe at all

Haha I’ve heard crazy George was “actually crazy” versus what crazy P does. 

Still, I appreciate anyone bringing some fun to the games so I vote yay to Crazy P.  

• Upvote 1

I partly wonder if Crazy P’s name is appropriate given the Canucks’ emphasis on the importance of mental wellness, and bringing Rick Rypien’s struggles into focus, but it seems fitting enough. The love / hate vote was split 50 / 50 last time I checked. 

As long as he's not standing right in my section I'm fine with him.  Some fans are there for the "experience" not the actual game. But they paid as well, so go at it.

But if he's banging a drum, and screaming, right beside me, while I'm trying to watch, you know, a live game that I can only afford to go to once in a blue moon, then no.  F off with your loud, manufactured enthusiasm.

• Cheers 1