Another Rh FO% ace

Hey guys. Longtime fan resurfacing online to shake up and yadda yadda

Its pretty tough to get excited when you been around the fanbase so long, but here we are 

The acquisitions of zadorov and lindholm are  rounding off an inbalanced team no one had on their radar in the fall nicely.

It looks like all we need now is depth, and depth is is a matter of ability not just personnel.

I would try and offer Jay Beagle a job. 

just to win draws if he is healthy and ready.

He has a higher win % than Malhotra, and hasn't officially retired.

We all saw the effect Manny Malhotra seemed to have had on Maxime Lapierre and Henrik Sedin face off skills during the run.

I think he could be worth league min as an effective cap feather for special teams.

this would add a layer of chaos to the run for other teams knowing that Elias Lindholm isn't the only guy who can get that puck back consistently to Hughes's corner in a blink off the draw.

cheers

please add ideas on solid  right hand face off centers that are actually attainable and could slot into the bottom 6  for the cup run this year.

Even though Beagle is known to always stay in great shape, he hasn’t played in two years…what the actual f is this proposal? If you mean a player like Beagle, who can win draws and play a D minded game then there’s an argument that would help our 4th line out. But for Beagle specifically? Hahah wtf is going on 

i think we are doing ok we are what 3rd in the league for defense and we just got a RH selke nominated top 3 centerman in the league... I for one am not worried Jay but good try on stirring up some excitement around your name...

Edited by MidKnight Ego
  • Haha 1

I would say that we could use a player like Beagle, i.e. a rugged center who can win face-offs and play a hard game, but not Beagle himself.  There must be someone available who is more in game shape.  Like another poster said, we're in good shape now with Lindholm, but it never hurts to have extra depth on center in case of injuries.  And I think we still need to beef up a little to survive the playoffs.  Go Canucks Go!

• Like 1

Beagle would be too slow! The idea of him coming back now and if he even trained enough to maintain in game shape is just crazy. So if he lost a faceoff he’d then turn into a liability on the ice. I just don’t think we need the add in that position but if you really want to spend more draft capital for a 4th line center Nico Sturm on SJ, Tomas Nosek on NJ(on IR I believe, and a guy that’s been good on the dot in seasons prior is Nic Dowd WSH.

• Thanks 1

We've got Miller and Lindholm, who are both incredible in the dot. Even Petey is not terrible anymore. We don't need a face-off ace at centre. Even Blueger is above 50% and Joshua is usually over 50%, though he doesn't play the centre role on our team.

53 minutes ago, RedRover said:

Hey guys. Longtime fan resurfacing online to shake up and yadda yadda

Its pretty tough to get excited when you been around the fanbase so long, but here we are 

The acquisitions of zadorov and lindholm are  rounding off an inbalanced team no one had on their radar in the fall nicely.

It looks like all we need now is depth, and depth is is a matter of ability not just personnel.

I would try and offer Jay Beagle a job. 

just to win draws if he is healthy and ready.

He has a higher win % than Malhotra, and hasn't officially retired.

We all saw the effect Manny Malhotra seemed to have had on Maxime Lapierre and Henrik Sedin face off skills during the run.

I think he could be worth league min as an effective cap feather for special teams.

this would add a layer of chaos to the run for other teams knowing that Elias Lindholm isn't the only guy who can get that puck back consistently to Hughes's corner in a blink off the draw.

cheers

please add ideas on solid  right hand face off centers that are actually attainable and could slot into the bottom 6  for the cup run this year.

Hey Beagle! What you been doing these last two years. Hope all is well. I don't think u need to make a come back. Benning paid you handsomely.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

He's still playing.  Lost a step I imagine.

He's keeping Kladno afloat.  But I guess the OP is looking for inactive players? 

28 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I think Henrik and Daniel could still put up 40 pts a season 

I think they could put up 40 pts but not on Vancouver anymore.  In even strength we rely so much on forechecking and speed to retain possession, they're gonna get cooked.  In the offensive zone we've moved away from the low cycle in favour of the high cycle, with the pointmen criss-crossing to shake the high defenders.

Ironically they could do damage on the Penguins, who are already old AF and desperately need help on the power play.  Their play is dicated around Crosby, who is a monster in puck control down low.  The twins would fit right in.