[Proposal]: Canucks should get a player like a Lawson Crouse.

Three more seasons remaining at 4.3M for a Coyotes club that's shown they're serious about trying to be competitive. Doesn't make sense for them to move him if they actually want to compete. 

Not sure we could afford him anyway, players of his sort aren't common and he's prime aged. If he were available much of the league would be inquiring. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Three more seasons remaining at 4.3M for a Coyotes club that's shown they're serious about trying to be competitive. Doesn't make sense for them to move him if they actually want to compete. 

Not sure we could afford him anyway, players of his sort aren't common and he's prime aged. If he were available much of the league would be inquiring. 

Yep love the player, but we need to be looking at long term cap on all these moves. Moving cap is hard in the post  covid NHL.

• Cheers 1

Agreed he would be a great add. But we already made a big add, and I don't think we'd be able to make another big one without compromising the future of the team.

Rutherford said they're likely going to stay as is for now to see how the team plays with Lindholm being added. My preference would be to then add a 3/4 D and potentially a depth forward. We have better forward depth than we do defensive depth. So if we're going to spend a little more prior to trade deadline, I hope it's for a solid defensemen!

20 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

He just has the size we lack is all I meant. We need a player like him.

I don't disagree, but almost every team in the league could use a guy like him 

Guys who play a rougher game but who can also pot 20+ goals aren't very common 

Hits quite a bit, good for 1-4 fights a year throughout his NHL career, bit of a scoring touch 

I don't think we'll be looking for sizeable top six contracts for a while though unless we can't retain Lindholm 

If the Canucks add beef it'll probably be in the bottom six again 

Edited by Coconuts

40 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

He’s a player that the Canucks need on the team. He’s huge and can score. Man if we could somehow get him from Arizona that would be amazing. Thoughts?

He'd cost too much. 

Arizona be asking for our top prospects in Willander or Lekkerimaki. I don't think Crouse is worth either of those guys. Remember, we're all in this year, but there's still next year that needs to be played out as well. We need prospects on cheap contracts that can contribute to the team moving forward. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

If the Canucks add beef it'll probably be in the bottom six again 

Yep. I tend to agree. I don't think there's another major trade coming in. I mean, you can never say never, but the chances are slim after acquiring Lindholm. I'm excited to see how he plays tonight against the 'Canes. Maybe he has a smooth game and transition to the team, maybe he doesn't and needs time to adjust to the system. 

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, ngoway said:

Agreed he would be a great add. But we already made a big add, and I don't think we'd be able to make another big one without compromising the future of the team.

Rutherford said they're likely going to stay as is for now to see how the team plays with Lindholm being added. My preference would be to then add a 3/4 D and potentially a depth forward. We have better forward depth than we do defensive depth. So if we're going to spend a little more prior to trade deadline, I hope it's for a solid defensemen!

preferrably a depth RHD. 

• Cheers 1

More realistic would be asking if we can keep Joshua.

He is listed as an inch shorter, 9 pounds lighter, 7 less points - but if we’re looking to add size, surely we’re trying not to lose it as well.

He’s due a huge raise from the 825k he’s making now.

Lafferty too.

Edited by The Duke
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, The Duke said:

He is listed as an inch shorter, 9 pounds lighter, 7 less points - but if we’re looking to add size, surely we’re trying not to lose it as well.

Lafferty too.

Depends on what he wants, he could probs get more via UFA

Wouldn't shock me if only one of our third line guys is here next season, or if none of them were 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

get a real stadium and then ill consider them serious? then cannot be making money in that dinky rink

1 minute ago, MidKnight Ego said:

get a real stadium and then ill consider them serious? then cannot be making money in that dinky rink

That's an ownership issue, not much a GM or coach can do about that

1 minute ago, MidKnight Ego said:

true... but... ah... nevermind

Coyotes are five points out of a playoff spot instead of being in the basement with San Jose and Chicago

They're in tough to make it imo but they've kept themselves in the mix 

That's a competitive team, albeit not a surefire playoff team or contender 

But the bar has been pretty low for them, being regularly competitive at all is a step forward

The Coyotes are a circus and should be moved, but the hockey ops side has arguably done a solid job this season

• Cheers 1

Like someone else mentioned, dude is making 4.3mil per season with 3 more seasons after this year. He's likely worth a 1st, a 2nd, and a B prospect. He's not a center, but I think his cap hit, his size, and the contract certainty with term. He'd be worth a lot. And like someone else mentioned Arizona has no reason to trade him. They already have a mountain of picks. They have like 13 picks in the first 3 rounds of the next two seasons. It's almost cartoonish how many picks they have. So what are they trading a 26 year old, cost effective player for that they need? Considering they are also probably tired of forever rebuilding.

28 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Lafferty too.

Would definitely be nice to keep both of them. I can see Lafferty's contract being a bit easier as I don't expect a huge raise for him. Hopefully for Joshua, he's able to see that he had some pretty solid linemates this year that helped contribute to his success. Also maybe a shorter term deal as a prove it deal since he did also come into training camp not in the best of shape.

• Cheers 1

• Optimist Prime changed the title to Proposal: Canucks should get a player like a Lawson Crouse.
  • Optimist Prime changed the title to [Proposal]: Canucks should get a player like a Lawson Crouse.
30 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Lafferty too.

He is 3rd in hits in the entire NHL. Just 3 hits behind cal clutterbuck with way better offensive numbers. Cal is making 1.75m now but in his prime when he was putting up joshua-ish offense he was making 3.5m. Might just price him out for us, especially if we can keep Lafferty for under 2.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

To me I think Maroon or J Anderson should be the last piece we add to give us one more player that can move up or down the line up and are good checkers and can hit.

Anderson makes 5.5 million a year with 3 more to go.stinky simon rex GIF by Simon Rex / Dirt Nasty

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

Anderson makes 5.5 million a year with 3 more to go.stinky simon rex GIF by Simon Rex / Dirt Nasty

I know but a hard to play against guy is in my mind the last piece.Maybe a RHD but I'd rather see another forward.

Only if we can make it work.

Not a fan, he was available for cheap before and nobody bit on him so the Coyotes locked him up. Now further into his development he still has not truly established himself as a power forward type.

He has good size sure but is a work in progress I would suggest he has more value to Arizona then to an acquiring team.