[Rumour] Flyers willing to part with Ristolainen

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

So we’re gonna rebuild the 2014-15 Sabres D that had them finish worst in the league?? (Ristolainen, Zadorov, Myers) 😂

No, we're rebuilding the ????-?? Pittsburgh Penguins 

Just now, Coconuts said:

I'd assume Risto would be viewed as a medium term Myers replacement 

I mean if they retain on his salary it could be alright.

I was always under the assumption his defensive game wasn’t that good though.

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I mean if they retain on his salary it could be alright.

I was always under the assumption his defensive game wasn’t that good though.

Those are tied together, as the cap rises a retained salary deal wouldn't be the worst thing. Lower cap should also equate to lower expectations. 

If the Canucks acquire him I assume they'd be confident that they could turn him into/continue to maintain his being a positive value asset.

Could be we're just kicking tires, could be an indication that the Canucks aren't sure of their medium to long term RD depth. 

Willander should be a season or two away at the earliest imo. Myers is up at the end of the season, so are Cole and Zadorov, neither of which I view as surefire extension candidates depending on what they want.

Hughes-Hronek

?-?

?-?

Only D guaranteed to be here next season are Hughes, Hronek, and Soucy. Juulsen is signed through next season but may not be in the NHL.

Edited by Coconuts

23 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I'd assume Risto would be viewed as a medium term Myers replacement 

I don't think he's very good defensively though right? Doesn't he have alot of brain farts? Not sure we need him, another Dman who is great defensively, I would understand

1 minute ago, Bardown said:

I don't think he's very good defensively though right? Doesn't he have alot of brain farts? Not sure we need him, another Dman who is great defensively, I would understand

He's been better this season, albeit as more of a third pairing guy 

I'd assume that if the Canucks acquire him it'll probably be more of an offseason move 

We have a lot of D cap coming off between Myers, Cole, and Zadorov 

Though I'd personally prefer to just retain Myers 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

He's been better this season, albeit as more of a third pairing guy 

I'd assume that if the Canucks acquire him it'll probably be more of an offseason move 

We have a lot of D cap coming off between Myers, Cole, and Zadorov 

Though I'd personally prefer to just retain Myers 

apparently myers wants a decent cheque, well above what he's worth. Not six but rumours are 5 mil ish...we can't keep him for that amount

Worth noting is that the Flyers have been one of the league's better teams defensively. 

Regarding team stats, as of right now they rank 11th in goals allowed, 5th in shots on goals allowed, and 2nd on the PK despite being one of the least disciplined teams in the league at 27th in PIMS. 

This may contribute to the interest teams may have in Walker, Ristolainen, and Seeler.

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Juulsen is 100% an NHL player.  At minimum he is our #7 guy next season at a cap hit of only 775,000...

I could see it, he's cheap enough. But it depends on who they bring in/promote/have at camp.

2 minutes ago, Bardown said:

apparently myers wants a decent cheque, well above what he's worth. Not six but rumours are 5 mil ish...we can't keep him for that amount

I haven't seen much of anything regarding his contract expectations going forward, where did you hear that? 

4 minutes ago, Bardown said:

Yeah, as a right shot Dman I doubt we are going to re-sign Myers to only $2 or $3 million.  Gudbranson got $4 million.  Gudas got $4 million.  Myers will easily get $4 million on the open market on a 2-3 year term.  If we could get Risto at let's say $3.5 million for another 3 years that would make sense rather than overpaying for Myers.  Risto is still only 29 as well.  Myers is 34, so there is a big age difference as well.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Bardown said:

Where did you hear that? Source? Thanks

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Yeah, as a right shot Dman I doubt we are going to re-sign Myers to only $2 or $3 million.  Gudbranson got $4 million.  Gudas got $4 million.  Myers will easily get $4 million on the open market on a 2-3 year term.  If we could get Risto at let's say $3.5 million for another 3 years that would make sense rather than overpaying for Myers.  Risto is still only 29 as well.  Myers is 34, so there is a big age difference as well.  

Probs not 1-2M, but I could see 2.5-4M for Myers on a shorter term deal. I'd rather keep the known quantity in Myers if the cap hit is roughly the same. 

He'd also only cost us money vs assets, which I'd rather spend on something more significant than a retained Ristolainen.

I've yet to come across much regarding Myer's contract ask going forward tbh.

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1