[Signing] Wings extend Rasmussen

1 minute ago, Miss Korea said:

Joshua has always had strong analytics for a bottom-six player.  Plus he's got the size and physicality to match it.

image.png.26a8c073ae56edb249421dc8e83b8c7e.png

interesting. 

How is the "competition" box assessed? that seems to be a big difference between the two. 

9 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

interesting. 

How is the "competition" box assessed? that seems to be a big difference between the two. 

It is based purely off the TOI of opposing players.  Can give you a better idea of how a player is deployed by his coaches and matched against by opposing coaches.

11 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

It is based purely off the TOI of opposing players.  Can give you a better idea of how a player is deployed by his coaches and matched against by opposing coaches.

So judging by those cards, Joshua would come in a bit less on an extension?

8 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

hard to say Joshua brings those intangibles too mainly hits and fighting... he score's a little more too

• MillerTime 1

This seems about right. Good deal for Detroit.

Thomas Drance stated on sportsnet 650 a last week that he projected Joshua to potentially ask between 3.5-4 mil because of how unique his archetype of a player is in the market. 

Not many comparables because he was a late bloomer and on a UFA contract. This seems like a good deal for the wings, i'd say Joshua's projection is likely closer to what Marcus Foligno got 4x4. LW, big player, has been top 5 in hits category for past few seasons, fights, scores, and kills penalties. 

7 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Dak's also a winger with 58 career points. Razzy has double that and is a 24 yearold 9th OA pick. I can't see Dak getting the numbers people are bandying about.

The lightning gave up their entire draft class for Jeanot who makes Dak look like a poof. Jeanot signed for 2.665m. 

1 hour ago, PeteyBOI said:

hard to say Joshua brings those intangibles too mainly hits and fighting... he score's a little more too

No he doesn't. Mussin got double the career points he's been more consistent and has a higher PPG average. 

This definitely lowers Daks price. But not by a huge amount.

The ages are different right.. Rasmussen is Peteys age. Dakota needs a payout at 27. So the 4x4m Dakota can get this summer.. I think we should consider giving him 3.5, but ask that he sign for 6yrs. 6x3.5m.

21m

Thoughts? 

32 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Hehehe.... no.  Valiant effort, though!  By any standard he will likely cost more than Rasmussen.

Why? 

image.thumb.png.46183ca959871de4c2f658cce4272d59.png

image.thumb.png.3e7ea26f54ee087f01cbed974e6af9d6.png

no way Dak makes quadruple what Cole Smith just signed for. 

image.thumb.png.9dc008c53bc9fdd08e7d6a6d40e79b47.png

Edited by Hammertime

This confirms what Joshua will get.  I always thought it would be in the $3 million range.  The fact that he is injured now may help us to get him at a lower price as his stats won’t be as good.  Joshua may want to sign a short one year deal to re-establish his numbers if he doesn’t get what he wants.  

Jeanot has nearly as many goals as Dakota has points. Even with a 5% increase in cap I see no reason he should be paid more than Jeannot. 2.7m is a more than generous cap hit for Dak. Jeannot would beat the socks off of Dak and also scored 24 g before signing his extension. 

Edited by Hammertime

2 hours ago, Hammertime said:

Jeanot has nearly as many goals as Dakota has points. Even with a 5% increase in cap I see no reason he should be paid more than Jeannot. 2.7m is a more than generous cap hit for Dak. Jeannot would beat the socks off of Dak and also scored 24 g before signing his extension. 

Jeannot had 18 points when he signed his current extension.  He only has 12 points this year.  Joshua has 26.  You are using Jeannot’s one good year to inflate his stats.

Also, Joshua is a UFA not an RFA.  He will at minimum get the Rasmussen contract on the open market…

15 hours ago, Hammertime said:

I was really confused at first, but I get what you're trying to say now.  And it doesn't make any sense.  You're assessing player value based off career totals and not their recent performance.  Jeannot didn't score 24G before getting extended.  He scored 24G before getting traded.  The contract that led to his $2.7M deal was based off a SIX GOAL season - 5G in Nashville, 1G in Tampa.  Sure, he's playing okay in Tampa but suggesting he's playing at the same level as Dakota Joshua?  What!??

image.png.4e7e3af83de79839587377d5c9634a66.png

3 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

I was really confused at first, but I get what you're trying to say now.  And it doesn't make any sense.  You're assessing player value based off career totals and not their recent performance.  Jeannot didn't score 24G before getting extended.  He scored 24G before getting traded.  The contract that led to his $2.7M deal was based off a SIX GOAL season - 5G in Nashville, 1G in Tampa.  Sure, he's playing okay in Tampa but suggesting he's playing at the same level as Dakota Joshua?  What!??

image.png.4e7e3af83de79839587377d5c9634a66.png

Those cards are fun. %ages are fun things. I didn't realize players values reset every year. This bodes well for resigning Lindholm. Think 5m is too much? I don't think tampa gave up their entire draft class for Jeannot to put up points. 

Edited by Hammertime

6 hours ago, Canucklehead44 said:

The amount signed Ferland for (4 years 14 million 3.5 per) seems fair for Joshua. Rasmussen is a very good comparable 

Rasmussen is 3 years younger and plays primarily as a center versus Joshua who plays primarily as a winger. While somewhat similar players, I think those attributes place Joshua slightly under Rasmussen in terms of value. I would probably look to sign Joshua to $2.75-3M/year based on Rasmussen's contract of $3.2M/year.