Report/Rumour: Canucks have been keeping close tabs on Wild forward Brandon Duhaime

He may not come cheap, the Jeannot trade could throw a wrench into the price when it comes to this type of player

Which isn't to say teams will go as nuts as Tampa did, likely not, but teams may ask more for guys who are viewed as "playoff type" players now

Edited by Coconuts
  • Sad 1

Physical 4th liner who can PK. If the cost is cheap, why not? He doesn't seem to provide much offense but at the very least probably should improve our depth.

If we're looking at Duhaime, I wonder if we're also looking at a guy like Jack McBain. More players who can up our pushback definitely doesn't hurt.

10 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

Physical 4th liner who can PK. If the cost is cheap, why not? He doesn't seem to provide much offense but at the very least probably should improve our depth.

If we're looking at Duhaime, I wonder if we're also looking at a guy like Jack McBain. More players who can up our pushback definitely doesn't hurt.

cheap? doesn't sound like it. 

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, Screw said:

I like this type of player.   I question the “haul” he would bring in for Minny.

He’s a nice 4th liner who can bang and crash and kills penalties. Would replace PDG and Bains in the lineup for the playoffs. 

A haul for a 4th liner?  We paid a 5th for Lafferty. I think the max I would do is a 3rd round pick and a b prospect like McDonough. 

• Like 1

This is definitely the kind of player we should be targeting ahead of the deadline, however it all comes down to cost. Would not pay more than a 3rd round pick + AHL prospect like Karlsson. Beyond that, I'm happy with the depth we have on top of the dark horse that is Phil Kessel.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Frank S has been  nothing short of worthless when it comes to being an insider with any actual knowledge.

”I’m hearing” 

this clown will be posting everyday with a new name that Vancouver's interested in and he’ll still be wrong in the end. 

that said Duhaime upgrades our 4th line aman laff pdg haven’t really been the answers 

Edited by Combover
  • MillerTime 1

1 minute ago, gizmo2337 said:

Not sure what we could offer? Bains or Aman? They wouldn't want PDG. We don't have many picks left to trade for this year's draft. A 6th or 7th probably doesn't get it done.

Bains is going nowhere. I'd guess Aman/Karlsson/picks. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Dom said:

Bains is going nowhere. I'd guess Aman/Karlsson/picks. 

Aman and a mid rounder would be a good trade

Aman has shown he can play in the NHL, has some appealing attributes, but completely replaceable in a lineup and we have players like Sasson and Raty who the Canucks are high on. Sasson may even get a look this season. 

Minne will see Aman’s progress as hidden upside. I don’t see him as much more than a solid career 4th liner so maybe trade high”er” on him

I'd add him but not willing to cop up any roster player aside from PDG maybe him and late pick.. Not sure Minny would take that.... Karlson and a pick? I wouldn't even give Aman or Lafferty and Klimovich or Bains even probably be a no....

I don't see Minny taking a realistic offer. At least not what I see as realistic just my 2 cents. If another team wants a tough screw around and find out player and pays more then good it isn't us. These tough guys go far in the depth dept I just feel like we can't afford much...

If it's at a good price I'd make a deal of not run with what we have.

Go Canucks Go!!

Edited by Bobby Lou
  • Like 1