Vaccine thread

Gurn

On 10/19/2023 at 1:44 PM, Bob Long said:

Got me jabs. Can someone tell me this time am I supposed to be magnetic or want to buy Windows 11?

Astra Zenica, Moderna, Pfizer, Moderna, Moderna so far for me in the 'vid journey.

The funny thing here is that if your computer hardware will support it, (and that's a fairly big "if") Microsoft isn't going to give you the option of buying Windows 11. They're going to give it to you, whether you want it or not.

There are ways to prevent this from happening (turning off Windows Updates, for one) but the bottom line is you will have to take some kind of action to prevent Windows 10 from being updated to Windows 11....

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

The funny thing here is that if your computer hardware will support it, (and that's a fairly big "if") Microsoft isn't going to give you the option of buying Windows 11. They're going to give it to you, whether you want it or not.

There are ways to prevent this from happening (turning off Windows Updates, for one) but the bottom line is you will have to take some kind of action to prevent Windows 10 from being updated to Windows 11....

The action I took was buying a Mac.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, WeneedLumme said:

Like most of the anti-vaxers, your arithmetic is very weak.

Pretty sure he forgot to take the square of the hypotenuse.....

You know what the mathematicians say...."Never drink and derive"....

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

The action I took was buying a Mac.

Nothing wrong with throwing money at a problem....:classic_cool:

• Haha 4

Conservative party- just handed the Liberals the win, in the next federal election;

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/poilievre-touts-anti-vaccine-mandate-bill-while-promising-bodily-autonomy-for-all-canadians/ar-AA1iQiqK?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=78b124575ae34befb3299874951c5b3f&ei=13

"

Conservative Leader Pierre Poilievre rose in the House of Commons Tuesday to urge other MPs to adopt legislation that would prohibit Ottawa from again imposing COVID-19 vaccine mandates on federal workers and the travelling public.

Poilievre first introduced the private member's bill, C-278, last year when he was running for the party's leadership.

It has since been picked up by Conservative MP Dean Allison, a noted anti-mandate critic who, like his leader, supported the trucker convoy that loudly opposed the government's approach to COVID-19.

The legislation is not expected to pass the Commons when it comes up for a vote later today.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said Poilievre is choosing to "wear a tinfoil hat" by backing this sort of "divisive" legislation — a reference to conspiracy theorists. NDP and Bloc Québécois MPs have made similarly dismissive comments.

Poilievre's promotion of the bill, however, suggests the Tories are not yet ready to drop their opposition to the COVID policies that outraged some in the party base.

Poilievre said Prime Minister Justin Trudeau "maliciously divided" and attacked Canadians who shunned the COVID-19 vaccine by imposing an "unreasonable" policy that forced some people to get the shot or face consequences like job losses or additional hurdles at the border.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lots more at the link.-long story.

• Like 2

Morons gotta moron.....:picard:

An Instagram post from May 2021 has resurfaced following the discovery of Matthew Perry's death last Saturday.

While the autopsy of Matthew Perry could not provide answers as to the cause of his death, various conspiracy theorists have naturally sprung into action across the internet.

This is particularly apparent in the comment section of a post Matthew Perry shared back in May 2021.

In the post, the now-deceased actor is seen wearing a t-shirt with a caption playing on Chandler Bing's famous way of emphasizing sentences:

"Could I BE more vaccinated."

Now, this over two-year-old post is being bombarded with harsh messages from anti-vaxxers:

"Could you BE more dead because you are vaccinated… just wondering," reads one blunt comment.

"You got vaccinated, and now you are dead… Sorry, my friend, but this is karma," writes another coldly.

"This post sure didn’t age gracefully," observes another.

"When you dance with the devil...." a fourth person wrote.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertainment/news/anti-vaxxers-mock-matthew-perry-following-his-death/ar-AA1j5ofT?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=ad73fa0174fb4c8fa285f613e498e5d7&ei=19

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, aGENT said:

November 8 for me. Influenza and COVID

Got both shots.  Did not need any appointment. Just dropped in a small local pharmacy not too many people know about.

They had both vax's in stock.    No side effects whatsoever.  Back at work later that day. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3