Vaccine thread

Gurn

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Apparently former CNN anchor Chris Cuomo is taking the horse paste.  Says he has long COVID.  Just like Brandon Sutter...

The funniest bit about CNN misrepresenting Joe Rogan deliberately, Sanjay Gupta on his podcast was like, yeah, that was bullshit, they lied and shouldn't have done that.

Edited by TortorellasRant

1 hour ago, Satchmo said:

Oh great let's have another round  of all this....

Believe what ever you want.   Expect some pushback if you are going to say you know for certain where the birth of Covid took place. 

BTW - I don't think anyone says it was born in a wet market though most think that was were it was first introduced to humans.  

True. There's not much point discussing it. People will believe the lab leak theory supported by a significant amount of evidence, and others the official narrative that the government couldn't and wouldn't fuck up.

6 minutes ago, TortorellasRant said:

The funniest bit about CNN misrepresenting Joe Rogan deliberately, Sanjay Gupta on his podcast was like, yeah, that was bullshit, they lied and shouldn't have done that.

Chris Cuomo stated that he takes Ivermectin daily.  He also said his current doctor was giving it out during COVID.  Which is strange.  All we heard for 3 years was that Ivermectin was horse paste and was used only for horses.  That's why I quoted Alf.  If that is the case, then why is Cuomo, who was on CNN every day for 3 years telling people not to take Ivermectin, taking it now?  I'm confused.  Does Ivermectin actually work?  Even Brandon Sutter admitted to taking Ivermectin...

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, TortorellasRant said:

True. There's not much point discussing it. People will believe the lab leak theory supported by a significant amount of evidence, and others the official narrative that the government couldn't and wouldn't fuck up.

I suppose it all comes down to who you like to listen to.

By fall 2022, most scientists were convinced, based on available evidence, that the pandemic most likely began with a natural zoonosis. The most likely natural reservoir is believed to reside in bats, with a possible intermediate host (such as palm civets, minks, or pangolins, before spillover into humans. In March 2023, James Alwine and colleagues argued that continuing to frame the lab leak hypothesis as being as likely as natural spillover was responsible for a misdirection of scientific effort, which could compromise progress towards preparing for future pandemics.

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Chris Cuomo stated that he takes Ivermectin daily.  He also said his current doctor was giving it out during COVID.  Which is strange.  All we heard for 3 years was that Ivermectin was horse paste and was used only for horses.  That's why I quoted Alf.  If that is the case, then why is Cuomo, who was on CNN every day for 3 years telling people not to take Ivermectin, taking it now?  I'm confused.  Does Ivermectin actually work?  Even Brandon Sutter admitted to taking Ivermectin...

Chris Cuomo is a bit of an idiot.    I don't think Brandon Sutter is but I can see how after a long illness people might be ready to try anything.

Ivermectin is a Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved antiparasitic drug used to treat several neglected tropical diseases, including onchocerciasis, helminthiases, and scabies. For these indications, ivermectin has been widely used and is generally well tolerated

Ivermectin is not approved by the FDA for the treatment of any viral infection, including COVID-19. 

Ivermectin has been shown to inhibit the replication of SARS-CoV-2 in cell cultures.3 However, pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic studies suggest that achieving the plasma concentrations necessary for the antiviral efficacy detected in vitro would require administration of doses up to 100-fold higher than those approved for use in humans.

https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines.nih.gov/therapies/miscellaneous-drugs/ivermectin/

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Chris Cuomo is a bit of an idiot.    I don't think Brandon Sutter is but I can see how after a long illness people might be ready to try anything.

Ivermectin is a Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved antiparasitic drug used to treat several neglected tropical diseases, including onchocerciasis, helminthiases, and scabies. For these indications, ivermectin has been widely used and is generally well tolerated

Ivermectin is not approved by the FDA for the treatment of any viral infection, including COVID-19. 

Ivermectin has been shown to inhibit the replication of SARS-CoV-2 in cell cultures.3 However, pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic studies suggest that achieving the plasma concentrations necessary for the antiviral efficacy detected in vitro would require administration of doses up to 100-fold higher than those approved for use in humans.

https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines.nih.gov/therapies/miscellaneous-drugs/ivermectin/

I never liked the guy personally.  Ivermectin is not approved for the treatment of COVID, this is true.  However, Cuomo, and Sutter, to the same degree, aren't actually taking it for COVID.  They are taking it for long COVID, which is the aftereffects of having COVID for some people.  I am assuming there is a difference.  The "viral infection" is already gone from the body, it is the health problems persisting after the initial infection that they are supposedly trying to treat with Ivermectin.

Cuomo had COVID like 3 years ago and is fully vaccinated.  So why is he taking Ivermectin now as a daily regimen?  

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I never liked the guy personally.  Ivermectin is not approved for the treatment of COVID, this is true.  However, Cuomo, and Sutter, to the same degree, aren't actually taking it for COVID.  They are taking it for long COVID, which is the aftereffects of having COVID for some people.  I am assuming there is a difference.  The "viral infection" is already gone from the body, it is the health problems persisting after the initial infection that they are supposedly trying to treat with Ivermectin.

Cuomo had COVID like 3 years ago and is fully vaccinated.  So why is he taking Ivermectin now as a daily regimen?  

Ivermectin has been used by humans via a oral dose against parasitic and viral disease since 1995. During Covid Central and South American countries adopted its use. Criticized as a political attempt to offer some kind of treatment to fight Covid. 

Largest usage is/was in Africa. Been used since 1995. Usage increased during Covid. Claims of reduced mortality were made. 

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Ivermectin has been used by humans via a oral dose against parasitic and viral disease since 1995. During Covid Central and South American countries adopted its use. Criticized as a political attempt to offer some kind of treatment to fight Covid. 

Largest usage is/was in Africa. Been used since 1995. Usage increased during Covid. Claims of reduced mortality were made. 

No one denied that Ivermectin had been approved for human use.  The issue was that Ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine were not tested or even approved for use in treating/preventing Covid.  In the case of Covid, they were very much EXPERIMENTAL and the folks clamoring to get the stuff were the same folks who were complaining incorrectly that the Covid vaccines were experimental.  

The results of all these folks going out to get these drugs is that is created shortages for the people who actually needed those drugs.  And yes, there were folks getting the animal versions.  That's why the horsey paste slight was and is used.  There are plenty of examples of whole forum threads on other sites (like anti-vaxx sites) about how to use animal pastes and such of Ivermectin.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

23 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I would say it is because they're entertainers. They're not stupid. The network and powers that be have a narrative to get out and they pay very well to do it. There's horse grade and human grade. I've seen the Ivermectin horse paste at the pet store. The human quantity I assume is prescription. Anyway, CNN started propagating that lie because one man has a bigger audience than their entire network and it was quite evident they couldn't compete with him when their podcasting service immediately flopped; what little of their audience likely doesn't listen to Rogan so it would be easy to throw that "horse medicine" fallacy onto them. It's interesting that Fox only has to pay penalties for purporting deliberate falsehoods.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, TortorellasRant said:

I would say it is because they're entertainers. They're not stupid. The network and powers that be have a narrative to get out and they pay very well to do it. There's horse grade and human grade. I've seen the Ivermectin horse paste at the pet store. The human quantity I assume is prescription. Anyway, CNN started propagating that lie because one man has a bigger audience than their entire network and it was quite evident they couldn't compete with him when their podcasting service immediately flopped; what little of their audience likely doesn't listen to Rogan so it would be easy to throw that "horse medicine" fallacy onto them. It's interesting that Fox only has to pay penalties for purporting deliberate falsehoods.

My take on that post is that CNN is culpable if Ivermectin is an efficacious and safe treatment for Covid AND they knew so when they broadcast it was not. 

I can't comment on what CNN did or did not know but who says it is a safe and efficient treatment for Covid?

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

My take on that post is that CNN is culpable if Ivermectin is an efficacious and safe treatment for Covid AND they knew so when they broadcast it was not. 

I can't comment on what CNN did or did not know but who says it is a safe and efficient treatment for Covid?

Cuomo said his current doctor who is giving him the Ivermectin as a daily regimen was giving it to her patients during COVID to treat COVID.  He also said that everyone knew it was effective against COVID back then but the doctors at that time didn't come out and say anything.

Chris Cuomo Makes Ivermectin About-Face After Denouncing Its Use for COVID: ‘I Am Now Taking a Regular Dose’ (yahoo.com)

“I’ll tell you something else that’s gonna get you a lot of hits,” Cuomo said. “I am taking … a regular dose of Ivermectin. Ivermectin was a boogeyman during COVID. That was wrong. We were given bad information about Ivermectin. The real question is, why?”

“Everyone’s going to say ‘Joe Rogan was right,'” Cuomo continued. “No, Joe Rogan was saying – yeah, he was right – that’s not what matters. What matters is, the entire medical community knew that Ivermectin couldn’t hurt you. They knew it … I know they knew it. How do I know? Because now I’m doing nothing but talking to these clinicians, who at the time were overwhelmed by COVID, and they weren’t saying anything!”

“It’s cheap, it’s not owned by anybody, and it’s used as an anti-microbial, antiviral and has been for all these different ways, and has been for a long time,” Cuomo said. “My doctor was using it during COVID on her family and on her patients, and it was working for them. So. They were wrong to play scared on that. Didn’t know that at the time. Know it now, admit it now, reporting on it now.”

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Cuomo said his current doctor who is giving him the Ivermectin as a daily regimen was giving it to his patients during COVID to treat COVID.  He also said that everyone knew it was effective against COVID back then but the doctors at that time didn't come out and say anything.

Chris Cuomo Makes Ivermectin About-Face After Denouncing Its Use for COVID: ‘I Am Now Taking a Regular Dose’ (yahoo.com)

“I’ll tell you something else that’s gonna get you a lot of hits,” Cuomo said. “I am taking … a regular dose of Ivermectin. Ivermectin was a boogeyman during COVID. That was wrong. We were given bad information about Ivermectin. The real question is, why?”

“Everyone’s going to say ‘Joe Rogan was right,'” Cuomo continued. “No, Joe Rogan was saying – yeah, he was right – that’s not what matters. What matters is, the entire medical community knew that Ivermectin couldn’t hurt you. They knew it … I know they knew it. How do I know? Because now I’m doing nothing but talking to these clinicians, who at the time were overwhelmed by COVID, and they weren’t saying anything!”

“It’s cheap, it’s not owned by anybody, and it’s used as an anti-microbial, antiviral and has been for all these different ways, and has been for a long time,” Cuomo said. “My doctor was using it during COVID on her family and on her patients, and it was working for them. So. They were wrong to play scared on that. Didn’t know that at the time. Know it now, admit it now, reporting on it now.”

I'm going to need more than one doctor's opinion before I'm convinced it is anything more than snake oil.

EDIT - I'm also going to need more than Chris Cuomo's opinion that 'everyone knew it was effective against COVID back then but the doctors at that time didn't come out and say anything.'   When Fox was sued there were pages and pages of emails and texts to implicate them.   Where's the evidence against CNN?    Where's the emails and texts showing what 'doctors knew'?

Edited by Satchmo

11 hours ago, Boudrias said:

It is not effective in treating covid, compared to vaccination. What you are doing here is helping to spread misinformation, imo.

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, Bob Long said:

It is not effective in treating covid, compared to vaccination. What you are doing here is helping to spread misinformation, imo.

I don't think so. Googl ivermectin use in Africa, Central America and South America. The Africa piece suggested a 28% success rate using Ivermectin for Covid. Obviously not as good as the Covid treatments in 1st world countries. I am not a scientist and I am not advocating for this usage. 

13 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I don't think so. Googl ivermectin use in Africa, Central America and South America. The Africa piece suggested a 28% success rate using Ivermectin for Covid. Obviously not as good as the Covid treatments in 1st world countries. I am not a scientist and I am not advocating for this usage. 

28% is not a success rate, thats a massive failure of the west combined with a really unfortunate vaccine hesitancy rate.

I'm glad that you aren't advocating its use. 

13 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

When I google it I come to the opposite conclusion.   I see study after study saying it does not work.

• ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Another likely hypothesis is that the Ivermectin treated a pre-existing infection that then improved their outcome from their Covid infection.  Notice the absence of developed North American, European, or Asian countries from that list you gave.  Hmmmmmm

19 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Thanks a lot antivaxxers.  

Since 1989.

https://www.cp24.com/news/ontario-sees-first-measles-death-in-decades-of-tracking-after-young-child-dies-1.6890989

Ontario sees first measles death in decades of tracking after young child dies

What do anti vaxxers have to do with someone dying of measles?

Edited by Elias Pettersson

27 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Thanks a lot antivaxxers.  

Since 1989.

https://www.cp24.com/news/ontario-sees-first-measles-death-in-decades-of-tracking-after-young-child-dies-1.6890989

Ontario sees first measles death in decades of tracking after young child dies

morons making stupid choices their kids have to pay for.