Jake Paul to Fight 57-Year-Old Mike Tyson in Netflix-Exclusive Match

In what may be the strangest collection of words ever recorded, YouTuber Jake Paul will face boxing legend Mike Tyson — who is 57 — in a Netflix fight.

Paul (who is 27) announced Monday morning that he’ll face Tyson on July 20 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas — home of the NFL’s Dallas Cowboys. It will be broadcast exclusively through the streaming service.

https://www.mediaite.com/sports/jake-paul-to-fight-57-year-old-mike-tyson-in-netflix-exclusive-match/

The biggest name in boxing now only fights old men and non-boxers. 
I know sports isn’t always a meritocracy but man this is getting silly. 
Hope Tyson knocks him out cold. The older he gets the more I like him and I always kind of liked him. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DrJockitch said:

The biggest name in boxing now only fights old men and non-boxers. 
I know sports isn’t always a meritocracy but man this is getting silly. 
Hope Tyson knocks him out cold. The older he gets the more I like him and I always kind of liked him. 

Tyson is a gentle soul. It really sucks that he was taken advantage of throughout his career.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

hey it got us democracy and concrete. Maybe they knew what they were doing. 

All of their water had lead in it, just like our gasoline up until a few decades ago. I'd wager there's a link between the fall of their empire and the disintegration of the contemporary West...

Just now, 112 said:

All of their water had lead in it, just like our gasoline up until a few decades ago. I'd wager there's a link between the fall of their empire and the disintegration of the contemporary West...

true, but up to then Rome was pretty bad ass. Sure they poached their basic ideas from Greece but they ran with it. 

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

true, but up to then Rome was pretty bad ass. Sure they poached their basic ideas from Greece but they ran with it. 

oh no argument here; Rome is the most badass civilization to ever exist. I'll always be partial to my Greeks, though.

• MillerTime 2

Well, Netflix is allowed to show people being killed in movies….so this might not be a bad thing🤣 I hope Tyson cranks this idiot’s head to the moon, but let’s be real…probably gonna be paid not to, and be more like a exhibition boxing event. 

• Cheers 1

Paul signed a deal with netflix. He either wins or its a draw.

Everyone makes more money this way. if Tyson sparks him out in the first round then the future earning potential for netflix, for paul ect goes down.

Even for tyson, i mean if they have a draw, Tyson makes more on a rematch.

5 hours ago, 112 said:

Not just their water, but they added it to their wine on purpose because it would make the taste more sweet.  The Ancient Greeks knew lead was basically poison, but people all over the world used it all the way into the 20th century anyways.  These days, every old city in the US is replacing their lead lined water pipes at great expense.

• Upvote 1

On 3/7/2024 at 10:04 AM, King Jawa said:

Well, Netflix is allowed to show people being killed in movies….so this might not be a bad thing🤣 I hope Tyson cranks this idiot’s head to the moon, but let’s be real…probably gonna be paid not to, and be more like a exhibition boxing event. 

40306AD1-4BE7-45F7-AE3A-D36F98EDD033.jpeg

Sad to see how far boxing- or anything, has fallen when people like Tyson, are used to make circus money.

Oh, but he had a bit part in a funny movie, and a few other cameos, so they  just ignore the bad stuff, likely most people will as well.

Thug, money collector, convicted felon, death threat utterer, ear biter, and alleged domestic abuser.

Yep. Money over ethics.- Money over everything.

Jake Paul isn’t even a boxer. And he’s going to fight Mike Tyson?  I don’t care hold old Tyson is, he could literally put Jake Paul in the hospital with one punch. Paul isn’t even a professional boxer. Beating MMA guys is a lot different than trying to beat one of the greatest boxers of all time. 

Plus, Tyson is actually in very good shape. His body looks like it’s in its 40’s not 50’s. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson