J.T. Miller | #9 | C/W

-AJ-

4 hours ago, NHLer said:

I remember seeing a funny video of JT Miller photoshopped onto some karate kid? Anyone have or seen that?

It was a sumo wrestler as I recall...can't find it.

• 2 weeks later...

JT Miller could very well be the best Canuck Player organization has ever had .

Far surpassing the play of all the “fan favourites” in his production and play,

including Linden himself .

Miller is a stand out , all or nothing driving force,  but also is smart enough to realize a game where  adjusting one’s timing can bring more opportunities for himself and the Team.

He has become my favourite Canuck of ALL TIME ,.   And I hope one day he is truly recognized for his contributions and commitment to be here.

…. I Don’t expect the intelligence of this player to decline with age,.  His game may change slightly ,.  But the end of his career is far from these moments we watch presently.

Thankfully “The Beast” resigning and staying in Vancouver over Horvat ,

will be “ONE” of the most significant moves towards this City hosting another Stanley Cup Final .

As a Canuck Fan since our NHL inception,

I hope to see. .     9       In the rafters one day.

Happy Regular Season GIF by NHL

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Miller is a stand out , all or nothing driving force,  but also is smart enough to realize a game where  adjusting one’s timing can bring more opportunities for himself and the Team.

He has become my favourite Canuck of ALL TIME ,.   And I hope one day he is truly recognized for his contributions and commitment to be here.

…. I Don’t expect the intelligence of this player to decline with age,.  His game may change slightly ,.  But the end of his career is far from these moments we watch presently.

will be “ONE” of the most significant moves towards this City hosting another Stanley Cup Final .

I hear ya. Miller is very special. I admit that after wanting to see him traded before the last contract. In effect JT gave a home town discount and has demonstrated a burning desire to win. If he takes this club to the CUP finals I will consider him one of the best Canucks ever. Until then I stay with Linden. What he did has faded with time but not with me. I would add that, like Linden, JT's involvement with the community continues to grow. It is under reported.   

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I hear ya. Miller is very special. I admit that after wanting to see him traded before the last contract. In effect JT gave a home town discount and has demonstrated a burning desire to win. If he takes this club to the CUP finals I will consider him one of the best Canucks ever. Until then I stay with Linden. What he did has faded with time but not with me. I would add that, like Linden, JT's involvement with the community continues to grow. It is under reported.   

I agree bouds,   2 different generations of hockey ,.  But timely to have had Miller for the past 5 and more seasons avg + 1.0 ppg the entire time .

Linden was Special .

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Miller now 19th in all-time Canuck scoring with his 4 point effort this afternoon.

18  Petri Skriko LW 472 171 202 373
19  J.T. Miller LW 340 133 239 372
20  Greg Adams LW 489 179 190 369
  • Like 2

On 2/11/2024 at 4:39 PM, SilentSam said:

I'd currently put him somewhere in the 5-8 range for canucks top players. A long playoff run where he is a driving factor could move him up from there. 

edit:  now that I'm thinking about it. If I were to rank 'Canucks Careers' It would probably be a little lower... It definitely wouldn't take much to move up significantly, but there's also a reality in which Hughes and Petey are right there with him. 

1/2) Hank/Daniel

3.) Pavel

4.) Trevor

5.) Lu

6.) Nazzy

7.) Bert

8.) Kesler

9.) Edler

10.) Miller

Edited by Dizzle
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/20/2024 at 5:32 PM, Dizzle said:

I'd currently put him somewhere in the 5-8 range for canucks top players. A long playoff run where he is a driving factor could move him up from there. 

edit:  now that I'm thinking about it. If I were to rank 'Canucks Careers' It would probably be a little lower... It definitely wouldn't take much to move up significantly, but there's also a reality in which Hughes and Petey are right there with him. 

1/2) Hank/Daniel

3.) Pavel

4.) Trevor

5.) Lu

6.) Nazzy

7.) Bert

8.) Kesler

9.) Edler

10.) Miller

I personally still have Ohlund over Edler but I like your list. It will be interesting to see what Miller accomplishes over the rest of his contract though.

Edit: Smyl and Gradin also very much both have cases to be on that list.

Edited by Diamonds

26 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

I personally still have Ohlund over Edler but I like your list. It will be interesting to see what Miller accomplishes over the rest of his contract though.

Edit: Smyl and Gradin also very much both have cases to be on that list.

Smyl and Gradin are probably the two most notable omissions in my mind, though the debate between Ohlund and Edler is a fair one to have.

I'd probably still have Miller somewhere between 11-15 I think, but he and Petey are already quite a bit up there. It's also worth noting that by the end of 2024-25, Hughes has a good chance to be the all-time point leader for Canucks defensemen--I think by that point, I may be ready to consider him the greatest Canucks defenseman of all-time. He's obviously already the best and most skill defender we've ever had.

• Cheers 2

Miller's goal tonight slides him into 18th in all-time Canuck scoring.

17  Alexandre Burrows RW 822 193 191 384
18  J.T. Miller LW 342 135 239 374
19  Petri Skriko LW 472 171 202 373

It was my understanding from JB's press talk of acquiring JTM back in 2019, that he was brought in to be a vet presence for our then young Huggy, Petey and Flow; all of just 20, 21, and 22 years young at the time. I thought, Huh??!?!?!?!?? 26yr. old dude; a veteran presence? WTF??!?!?!?!?

Okay. I get it now. I guess to Huggy, Petey and Flow at the time, JT Miller at the age of 26 is old and in their eyes, a veteran presence. JT Miller, after 4 playoff appearances before getting him, yea okay. He'd be considered a playoff vet. And in that way, I could see the logic behind the acquisition. 

I mean, he was always a heart 'n' soul guy. A bit of a loose cannon sometimes. But now, with the Tocchet influence, he's using his heart 'n' soul to be a leader. The veteran presence he was brought in to. be. He is that guy and I'm sooooo f*ckin' glad he plays for us!

Miller was always just supposed to be an average tough Kesler-like 2C to be a placeholder for when Petey (or someone else like even Bo) would take over the reins as top line center. That was supposed to happen like two years ago. Instead JT kept playing so well that he pushed Bo out and Petey, as good as he's been (still on pace for 90-100pts), still isn't good enough to take the spot. Fair play to him, he came into our team as a checking 2-3C and is now the 3rd highest scoring center in the league just behind McD and MacK. He's a top-5 center in the league and you could argue maybe has been for some time now.

I'm excited to see what he'll do in the playoffs, he's going to draw a lot of attention from other teams and cause some big matchups. Surely he goes head-to-head with other team's top lines and top pairings which will open up Petey and Lindholm's line big time. Don't think we've ever had a team with three top line centers.

• 2 weeks later...

Miller passes Burrows for 17th in all-time Canuck scoring with his pair of points tonight.

16  Andre Boudrias LW 458 121 267 388
17  J.T. Miller LW 350 139 247 386
18  Alexandre Burrows RW 822 193 191 384
  • Like 1
  • MillerTime 1